GSP says ufc fighters are not invincible in a street fight

View attachment 893040
'Gsp doesn't impress me!'---Joe Schillbag on his philosophy of fighting in a ring, cage, or parking lot. Trained UFC™®© fighter or civilian.

I know it's a joke, but I believe Joe was sucking off Georges on JRE.

I think he even compared him to Jesus lol

Saldy I can't find the episode on Youtube atm, so my vague shotty drug abused faded memory is all I have.

While someone from UFC or has trained MMA would have an advantage over the average Joe, I do agree they would not win every time. They should be betting favs of course, but not every average Joe is this untrained TV dinner eating slackjawed yocal

MEEEEH. when you're training regularly and sparring you have a HUUUUUGE advantage on a street fight, idc what gsp is spouting he's too square tbh you need to ask somebody liek overeem or rampage, badr hari or jon jones about this, these soft proper fuckers always stress themselves with what ifs and shit even though skill wise they are lightyears ahead.

How is this news? Nobody with a brain ever said ‘100%’. Anything can happen, nobody is invincible. Fucking obvious init?

Not really, just educating people like you who think pro fighters will automatically win street fights because they are pro fighters. Go look up the pro fighters in Brazil and see what happened to them at the gas station. People in the streets don't care if you are a pro fighter. Don Frye got KO by a bodyguard. Jason Knight got jumped in a stall. Tito got KO by Murray when he was the champion. Danis has lost every street fight he's been in. Cody guy got clocked for saying google me I'm a UFC fighter. Plus so many other examples. This pro fighter thing is a false sense of security in a real street/combat setting.

It's pretty safe to say that Shogun would fuck up any of us in the cage or ring.
And yet he was carjacked & robbed in Brazil just as easily as anyone else, and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it.

I would argue that if someone punched someone in the back of the head without warning like in the example GSP used then that's more of an assault than a fight.

Most street fights start with a sucker punch, at least when you're an adult

Not really, just educating people like you who think pro fighters will automatically win street fights because they are pro fighters. Go look up the pro fighters in Brazil and see what happened to them at the gas station. People in the streets don't care if you are a pro fighter. Don Frye got KO by a bodyguard. Jason Knight got jumped in a stall. Tito got KO by Murray when he was the champion. Danis has lost every street fight he's been in. Cody guy got clocked for saying google me I'm a UFC fighter. Plus so many other examples. This pro fighter thing is a false sense of security in a real street/combat setting.

You ain't educating shit if you're illiterate. If you could actually read, you'd have read that I said "Nobody is invincible, but odds are on your side if you're a pro fighter".
You're arguing just to argue. Get a hobby.

Street fights is about speed, not about time. Cardio isn't a big issue, it's more about finishing ability in a street fight. You are not planning on dancing around trying to score points. That's why finishing ability is better suited for street fights. So pro fighters that don't have finishing ability wouldn't do well in street fight situations. Like Jason Knight in the bathroom stall. Danis in all his street fights, etc. There is a reason why Danis has lost every street fight he's been involved in.

Bruh, you're bringing up two specific examples to prove your point. I'm saying on average, a pro-MMA fighter will slaughter 90% of all foes in a streetfight. Yes, it's not gonna be 3 rounds at 5 minutes, but most people gas after 40 seconds of max output. A pro-MMA fighter doesn't have to deal with an amateur adrenaline dump, when that happens, supreme cardio carries you through.

He isn't wrong. While a skilled UFC fighter would be an animal in a street fight, the biggest change is 'no rules'. Kick to the balls, eye gouge, a bat or weapon of some kind.

Although I wouldn't want to meet Matt Brown in a dark alley, I think he wouldn't care at all.

While someone from UFC or has trained MMA would have an advantage over the average Joe, I do agree they would not win every time. They should be betting favs of course, but not every average Joe is this untrained TV dinner eating slackjawed yocal
I agree if you're thinking about guys with a base like wrestling or boxing. The average Joe will get fucked up 99% of time.

Of course they aren't, many a MMA fighter has taken a whopping in the streets.

Most street fights start with a sucker punch, at least when you're an adult

fighting in the street is survival, it's not a sport fight the other guy sometimes wants to kill you for real.he won't hug you after the street fight it's probably He football kick you after The fight and will use any dirty tactics to win.

I agree if you're thinking about guys with a base like wrestling or boxing. The average Joe will get fucked up 99% of time.
x7L2VSNEiyAB5Ux7nxKmLo6yLyEJT6Jt5yhNCUpGNGVsf3D8kDFJq2PnQ7j8r4xfjKhwAezCJQmWErH

problem is that in street fights sometimes there is a lot of cowardice, you have to be smart because you are focused on an opponent and another guy attacks from behind.

not even mma fighters have eyes in their backs.

He’s absolutely correct.

Far too many people here equate sanctioned mma bouts with street fights.

A decent portion of what you see in modern mma would actively endanger the person doing it in a street fight.

Street fights is about speed, not about time. Cardio isn't a big issue, it's more about finishing ability in a street fight. You are not planning on dancing around trying to score points. That's why finishing ability is better suited for street fights. So pro fighters that don't have finishing ability wouldn't do well in street fight situations. Like Jason Knight in the bathroom stall. Danis in all his street fights, etc. There is a reason why Danis has lost every street fight he's been involved in.
A street fight is a such a broad term, a school fight might get broken up in 10-15 seconds but theres many situations where street fights will absolutely involve cardio i can link a few where cardio was the deciding factor.

If you’re gonna get in a street fight 1vs1 and you’re up against someone whos not looking to finish but rather be defensive, if you dont ko him after you blow your load you will find yourself on the wrong side of the beatdown after half a minute.

I agree. A lot of street fights or bar fights are preemptive or there's jumping and or switch blades involved. People get jumped and stabbed all the time... One on one, MMA fighters will be better more times than not. But what happens sometimes is that you and ol' boy are talking shit, but ol' boy's homie cold clocks you from behind, then you get jumped. Steet or bar fights are nasty and there are no rules...

No weight classes in the streets. No ref coming in for eye jabs and nut hits. Also there are tons of roided up guys who aren't pro fighters that still spar, get into fights, and train some sort of fighting.

There are also many stories of UFC fighters getting taken down or beat in a no rules street fight.

To think we're seeing the best in the UFC, out the many people in the world that practice fighting, is blind. Not everyone that's a martial artist, fighter, or street fighter has dreams to be a UFC fighter.

Is this in reference to fat guy who easily KTFO'd BJ in the street? Or the douchebag strip joint DJ or whatever who took off his wristwatch before cheapshotting an already occupied BJ on the ground?

Nobody is invincible in a street fight but odds are on your side if you're a pro fighter.

Absolutely. And I think someone like GSP would be far too smart to get into a street fight these days, but someone like Tai Tuivasa I’d suggest would never be able to resist

I agree. A lot of street fights or bar fights are preemptive or there's jumping and or switch blades involved. People get jumped and stabbed all the time... One on one, MMA fighters will be better more times than not. But what happens sometimes is that you and ol' boy are talking shit, but ol' boy's homie cold clocks you from behind, then you get jumped. Steet or bar fights are nasty and there are no rules...

GSP was even talking about that in the interview. He was going over all the things he'd do before throwing out someone in a bar, like getting his backup prearranged and then sending in a waitress as a distraction before he shows up with his entire gang to take care of business.

Back