GSP may retire after Hendricks fight - Firas

I hate to say it, but I kinda gotta say good riddance. The guy has seemed for a while like he's as bored fighting as we are watching his style. IMO he will UD Hendricks pretty easily, either by typical GSP quilting or a Kos style jabfest. Most of my friends who are big MMA fans have pretty much sworn off watching any GSP fight due to his style.

It's kinda sad to see a guy who is obviously so skilled and athletic be so reserved and tactical in every fight. Condit at least dragged him into a war, but GSP still went to his go-to style to survive. At least if he steps away, we will get so see some excitement in the title picture at 170. Dana says it all the time, but if a guy's head isn't into being a fighter, it's usually better not to fight anymore.

No one can take away GSP's dominance of that division when he retires, but when we all look back 10+ years from now, how will we really remember him compared to guys like Anderson, Bones, Aldo, Cain, JDS, etc. It sucks but GSP will probably be remember for being a dominant but boring champion. Also if he retires without taking at least one superfight, that kind of says it all.

The fact that there has only ever been one "superfight" in the UFC and it actually involved GSP kind of says it all.

Well, he has made his money and he'd be leaving the sport with his brain is decent condition. Hard to argue with a man in his position.

Disappointing simply because he could still test himself against heavier fighters.

i've been saying this for a while and i'm a gsp fan

I wouldn't be surprised, every time he fights, it's like if he didn't wanted to be there, so retiring young just seems fair with his style of fighting. He just fights not to lose, fighting regularly into your mid 30's is asking to, along the way, get beaten somehow, so holding guys on the mat and retiring soon to avoid that age-skill-speed disadvantage just seems to go hand by hand.

I hate to say it, but I kinda gotta say good riddance. The guy has seemed for a while like he's as bored fighting as we are watching his style. IMO he will UD Hendricks pretty easily, either by typical GSP quilting or a Kos style jabfest. Most of my friends who are big MMA fans have pretty much sworn off watching any GSP fight due to his style.

It's kinda sad to see a guy who is obviously so skilled and athletic be so reserved and tactical in every fight. Condit at least dragged him into a war, but GSP still went to his go-to style to survive. At least if he steps away, we will get so see some excitement in the title picture at 170. Dana says it all the time, but if a guy's head isn't into being a fighter, it's usually better not to fight anymore.

No one can take away GSP's dominance of that division when he retires, but when we all look back 10+ years from now, how will we really remember him compared to guys like Anderson, Bones, Aldo, Cain, JDS, etc. It sucks but GSP will probably be remembered for being a dominant but boring champion. Also if he retires without taking at least one superfight, that kind of says it all.

lol at this

So eloquently put. So much negativity.

Again you're hating on GSP talking out of your ass .
You're as bad as Bjpenngoat when it come to be the cherry on top of the GSP hater sundae .

am i wrong? if you were to have taken a poll after that fight on whether that would be his last finish in his career, what do you think the results of that poll would have been? you and i both know the answer to that.

you're just upset because i don't worship a safety-first, decision machine like gsp. it's fans like yourself who are the problem. unable to accept that other mma fans don't like his approach to the sport. enjoy your 50-45 decisions.

If GSP beats Hendricks hed be 1 fight away from breaking Anderson Silvas consecutive Title defense streak...

It would really be pretty crazy to retire before that. Id like to see 2-3 more fight before he retires if he wants to be considered one of the GOAT.

Gsp is a clever man. And he could have multiple purposes with spreading a rumour like that.

Good choıce by the champıon,he ıs one of the best ımages for the MMA world,true true legend,fans wıll mıss hım no doubt

Been saying this for a while now.

I too, have thought it possible. but if GSP lacks motivation, that could even be trouble for the fight with Hendricks. you don't want to get into a fight lacking motivation.

As much as I love GSP I think it's the right move if he's not 100% into it anymore. Hendricks is legit and GSP would definitely be going out on top. He fought and beat anyone of merit in his division outside of maybe Rory.

It would be nice to see one of the legends step away at the perfect time instead of 4 fights too late.

Or his second fight with Penn

some fans consider that a finish, while others don't. i don't consider it one in the traditional sense, because it wasn't a knockout, technical knockout, or submission.

to each their own on that one.

Well, he has made his money and he'd be leaving the sport with his brain is decent condition. Hard to argue with a man in his position.

Yup, he had an awesome career, broke records, made a lot of money and still gets to keep his brain in good health condition to enjoy the rest of his life.
Hard to argue against a retirement choice here.

Gsp is a clever man. And he could have multiple purposes with spreading a rumour like that.

This rumour has been voiced not only be Zahabi but his manager and even GSP himself in the last 2 years... It's something that will happen sonner than later.

But you make a point, maybe it's the last fight on his contract and by talking motivation they are making Dana White understand what it is al about ;)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I too, have thought it possible. but if GSP lacks motivation, that could even be trouble for the fight with Hendricks. you don't want to get into a fight lacking motivation.

I doubt he'll retire after Hendricks. If the rumors are true about what Chael is saying, that Gsp had something to do with wanting him on the card to gain himself some extra cash, Gsp will not fight his last fight without revealing it properly beforehand to increase the draw.

not surprising... hes looked shaky in both the dias and condit fights

Back