GSP may retire after Hendricks fight - Firas

Not a fan , but good for him if he can get out with money and his marbles

Anderson hasn't done it because GSP didn't have the balls Penn had. He wouldn't dare fight above his weight class, way too risky for a businessman like GSP.

lol. You are not even trying now.

Anderson was the one advocating for super fights so he is the one who needed to have the balls BJ had and changed divisions to make a fight with Jones or GSP happen.

How laughably stupid it is that you think if Anderson says "I want super fights' that it is GSP or Jones who has to have the balls of BJ to make it happen.

Especially when Anderson has specifically told Shogun and GSP to make weight at MW if they want to fight him, in the past.

once any athlete, but especially a fighter, starts talking about retirement it is usually a good sign that they should get out soon

I don't want GSP to leave the sport. I also don't see a lot of interesting match ups for him in the near future (assuming he wins his next fight). Anyone can lose in MMA but I can't say that there is anyone at 170 that I really want him to fight. And the super fight stuff seems unlikely

In any case, like any athlete GSP will make up his own mind. It would be amazing if he leaves on top of the sport -- with lots of money and, seemingly, in excellent health.

Back