GSP looking thick, solid and tight, would easily take belt if he returned

I think GSP is one of those guys who enjoys working out and probably will always be really fit. But being fit does not mean being fighting shape, especially mentally.

You're probably right, but that data has major problems. Level of competition probably being the biggest issue.
What? GSP had one of the toughest strength of schedules ever.

It didn't really go up at the end. He just went downhill.

Come on, dude. I have personally known guys who look more muscular and barely workout...and definitely don't use steroids. GTFO

I bet you know guys who put on 30lb of lean muscle in a few weeks without steroids like everyone was saying in 2010 when they were screaming that overreem was clean. Get out of here.

GSP looking thick, solid and tight, would easily take belt if he returned

Exaggerate much?

GSP struggled badly against Hendricks, quite arguably should have lost, Hendricks has improved since then and Hendricks isn't even the one with the belt right now.

Lawler KOs him IMO. GSP got hit a lot more post knee injury and his takedown success rate went down. I don't see him finishing Lawler so I think it would just be a matter of time till Lawler finishes him.

he's not going to take the risk of losing, and, "tarnishing" his legacy. he's happy that he left when he did. and yes, lawler ko's him. and hendricks beats him again.

anyone else notice that red UFO behind him, I think he's onto something

Come on, dude. I have personally known guys who look more muscular and barely workout...and definitely don't use steroids. GTFO

I almost forgot, can your buddy do this?

saxon4.jpg

When talking about St. Pierre's stats in his last four fights, remember the caliber of those four: Hendricks, Diaz, Condit, and Shields. They were all in shape, highly motivated, and fully prepared. St. Pierre's 4-0 against that quartet is impressive in itself, but 20 rounds against such high level competition will take a toll - physical and mental both - even on the winner.

It seemed noticeable in his last fights that St. Pierre had slowed. Injury and age will do that.

I'm pretty much against comebacks, as they usually worsen a record. Time off does not reverse aging, nor will it return a body to pre-injury condition. I doubt it maintains the required mental toughness either. St. Pierre would have better chances at the top level coming back than Fedor does, but I don't see him going 4-0 against top guys again. Say, Lawlor, Hendricks, Woodley, and Brown.

Are we really drawing conclusions from someone's iPhone pic about what a GSP comeback might look like?

You're probably right, but that data has major problems. Level of competition probably being the biggest issue.

Not really, other than his fights in Canada before he joined the UFC GSP was always fighting the best guys.

Robbie would fucking murder GSP. I'd bet my account on it.

I bet you know guys who put on 30lb of lean muscle in a few weeks without steroids like everyone was saying in 2010 when they were screaming that overreem was clean. Get out of here.

I bet I don't.

I do have a guy who works for me that weighs 280lbs, probably 15% body fat. Guy doesn't lift and eats life a fucking bird. I don't know how to explain it and neither does he. He's just one of those genetic freaks.

Does GSP use steroids? I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised. However, I still think it's very possible he's just a very lucky guy with great genes and an amazing work ethic.

Saxton was a strongman, not a bodybuilder, he wasn't trying to build muscle, just lift really, really, really heavy shit. He's stronger with 1 arm than most men can lift after years of training.

Here's a natty bodybuilder from the 1800s, who has one of the greatest p4p physiques ever. His physique is the same dimensions as the greek statues.

EugenSandowTrue.png

sandow1.jpg

EUGEN-SANDOW-PHOTO-7.jpg

3cdab_ORIG-eugen_3.jpg

Lawler won the second fight with Hendrix. GSP isn't ever coming back. :eek:

The retirement beating he received from Hendricks has yet to be avenged.

His revenge is knowing that until Jonny does something to lift him out of "I only gave 70% those last 2 rounds" he will continue to get further and further from a title shot. Thank goodness.

Back