GSP looking thick, solid and tight, would easily take belt if he returned

roflmaolol

I don't like St-Pierre. At all. But wtf are you talking about?

Less effective with takedowns.... what? Are you talking about his fight against Hendricks?
Do you realize how good Hendricks is? Especially when it comes down to wrestling.

If/when he comes back, it's between him and Hendricks. Like it was before.

(Yeah, we all know Lawler lost that second match against Hendricks.)

Nick Diaz stuffed 7 of GSP's takedowns, 7! I'm a Nick Diaz fan but his TDD isn't very good.

Jake Shields took a round from GSP on the feet, in GSP's last 4 fights he took 240 significant strikes, this is almost exactly half the total he's taken in his entire career(488) and it happened over only 4 fights, he was getting hit a lot more post knee injury. GSP can't get hit that much by Lawler and win.

His takedown success rate for his career is 74% in his last 4 fights his success rate was 63% and 2 of the guys he fought don't have good TDD and IMO Shield's only has average TDD cause no one really ever tries to take him down.

If you don't think GSP was getting hit more and his takedowns weren't as successful then I don't know what to say other than watch those fights again and then watch him before his knee injury.

If you want you can go to fightmetric too and do the math you can too but prior to the Shields fight GSP had been hit with 248 significant fights starting from the Menjivar fight to the second Koscheck fight(23 fights), then in his next 4 fights he got hit with 240 significant strikes.

Last edited:
Heh, that's the best we have against GSP, "he wasn't quite as dominant." I hope GSP doesn't come back but even with ring rust and blown knees he probably is better than Lawler.

Exactly. He was still dominate but not as dominate. He would still tear through most of the division but if his first fight was Lawler or Hendricks it wouldn't be the same and he would have a higher chance of losing. He won his last fights but still got beat up and took way more damage than he would've had the rust and knees been like they were before.

People have the memory of a goldfish up in here. I like Lawler as much as the next guy, but GSP takes him down and keeps him down.

Are you being ironic? In GSP's first 23 fights he got hit with 248 significant strikes, in his last 4 he got hit with 240, post knee injury GSP was not nearly as good and his takedowns were not as good either.

Looking like he's on a date actually.

...........Sorry...... fell asleep thinking about his fights.

roflmaolol

I don't like St-Pierre. At all. But wtf are you talking about?

Less effective with takedowns.... what? Are you talking about his fight against Hendricks?
Do you realize how good Hendricks is? Especially when it comes down to wrestling.

If/when he comes back, it's between him and Hendricks. Like it was before.

(Yeah, we all know Lawler lost that second match against Hendricks.)

Watch GSP's last 4 fights then watch his first 23, he's not the same guy, I replied to your post explaining exactly how much more GSP was getting hit and that his takedown rating was less when he was fighting guys with bad to average TDD mostly(Condit bad TDD, Diaz average TDD, Shields average TDD, Hendricks strong TDD).

Maybe if you're bad at judging fights, Lawler 1, 4, 5. Hendricks gave away round 4 by trying to get a takedown and failing and getting pummeled for the remainder of the round.

he wont come back at all

and if he did, lawler by ko

i mean, gsp by tapping to strikes

He's the lance armstrong of MMA folks. If you want to see a clean athlete look at the old circus strongmen and bodybuilders of the late 1800's and early 1900's

saxon2.jpg

That's the best a man can look without steroids.

I would love to have such a body,No fancy muscles and pure strength

With the Reebok deal it would cost him to come back.

He'd lose millions in sponsorship money.

HE'd be better off asking to be released from his contract and going to Belator

Are you being ironic? In GSP's first 23 fights he got hit with 248 significant strikes, in his last 4 he got hit with 240, post knee injury GSP was not nearly as good and his takedowns were not as good either.

You're probably right, but that data has major problems. Level of competition probably being the biggest issue.

Yes.

Based on this picture he would easily steamroll through the division were he to return.

The Armani muscle shirt definitely confirms it.

He's the lance armstrong of MMA folks. If you want to see a clean athlete look at the old circus strongmen and bodybuilders of the late 1800's and early 1900's

saxon2.jpg

That's the best a man can look without steroids.

Come on, dude. I have personally known guys who look more muscular and barely workout...and definitely don't use steroids. GTFO

He'd return to the top 5 easily, and him beating Lawler is a no-brainer.

Back