GSP looking thick, solid and tight, would easily take belt if he returned

WTF? "He looks thick and tight therefore he's gonna take the belt". Dude, that's some f*cked up logic. Not to mention sounds gay.

and you base this off....

gsp destroys lawler and everyone else. lawler was well on his way to losing to rory.

Watching all of his fights and seeing him get hit nearly as much in his last 4 fights as he got hit in his first 23. If you don't see a difference between GSP before his last 4 fights and before then you simply don't want to. I've also watched Lawler's fights and two of the top wrestlers at WW couldn't take him down and keep him down for shit and I don't think post knee injury GSP's takedowns are much better if at all better than Rory's or Hendricks'(more so Hendricks).

Look at how often he got hit in his first 23 fights compared to his last 4.

In GSP's first 23 fights he took 248 significant strikes, in his last 4 he took 240 significant strikes and his takedown success rating went down about 10% while fighting guys with average to bad TDD with the exception of Hendricks.

No one can stay at their best forever especially with a major injury, there is no need to get defensive and deny reality. GSP went out on top and should stay retired, I think Lawler would KO him and Hendricks would either decision him or get a late finish.

GSP clearly is not what he once was based on his performances, yes he won those fights but they were much closer, he was getting hit a lot more and was losing more rounds and not able to take guys down and keep them down as well.

Nick Diaz doesn't stuff 7 takedowns from pre-knee injury GSP.

I thought it was easy to see that GSP wasn't as good in his last 4 as he had been previously just by watching the fights but fightmetric also shows that he wasn't nearly as good statistically and GSP's competition level didn't get like 5 times better or anything, he's always been fighting top guys, what changed was GSP.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-d...06c1d34da9c013

Lawler knocks GSP the fuck out if he comes back and they fight.

Watching all of his fights and seeing him get hit nearly as much in his last 4 fights as he got hit in his first 23. If you don't see a difference between GSP before his last 4 fights and before then you simply don't want to. I've also watched Lawler's fights and two of the top wrestlers at WW couldn't take him down and keep him down for shit and I don't think post knee injury GSP's takedowns are much better if at all better than Rory's or Hendricks'(more so Hendricks).

Look at how often he got hit in his first 23 fights compared to his last 4.

In GSP's first 23 fights he took 248 significant strikes, in his last 4 he took 240 significant strikes and his takedown success rating went down about 10% while fighting guys with average to bad TDD with the exception of Hendricks.

No one can stay at their best forever especially with a major injury, there is no need to get defensive and deny reality. GSP went out on top and should stay retired, I think Lawler would KO him and Hendricks would either decision him or get a late finish.

GSP clearly is not what he once was based on his performances, yes he won those fights but they were much closer, he was getting hit a lot more and was losing more rounds and not able to take guys down and keep them down as well.

Nick Diaz doesn't stuff 7 takedowns from pre-knee injury GSP.

I thought it was easy to see that GSP wasn't as good in his last 4 as he had been previously just by watching the fights but fightmetric also shows that he wasn't nearly as good statistically and GSP's competition level didn't get like 5 times better or anything, he's always been fighting top guys, what changed was GSP.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-d...06c1d34da9c013

Lawler knocks GSP the fuck out if he comes back and they fight.

GSP was sick vs Diaz, and had an Achilles tendon injury that his camp thought would require surgery, which is noteworthy when making comparisons. Against Shields he was eyepoked pretty bad so that was also part in him taking more hits in that fight.

He fought Hendricks when everyone had already heard the rumors that he planned on taking a break/retiring, and that Hendricks beat Lawler afterwards.

GSP likely suffered from his serious injuries, I don't question that but I think that you need to look at all the factors for a possible comeback.

Just by one pic, TS comes to conclusion he'll take the belt back right away? Common man!

Who really knows what's going on with GSP? Not to say he wouldn't challenge for that belt but don't make dumb comments "just like that"

GSP was sick vs Diaz, and had an Achilles tendon injury that his camp thought would require surgery, which is noteworthy when making comparisons. Against Shields he was eyepoked pretty bad so that was also part in him taking more hits in that fight.

He fought Hendricks when everyone had already heard the rumors that he planned on taking a break/retiring, and that Hendricks beat Lawler afterwards.

GSP likely suffered from his serious injuries, I don't question that but I think that you need to look at all the factors for a possible comeback.

I didn't know about the injury before the Diaz fight but taking half of the total significant strikes for your entire career in your last 4 fights is a huge indicator that you are not nearly as good as you used to be.

Over his first 23 fights he took 248 so that's 10.7 per fight, he took 240 in his last 4, 60 per fight. That's a massive difference, some of his earlier fights were 3 round fights and some of his earlier fights weren't as good of fighters but the difference in competition level on average really wasn't there, the difference was GSP himself not being as good as he once was.

I don't like GSP as a fighter, I find him boring but he was by far the best WW of all time, he's not the same guy anymore and anyone that's watched all his fights should see that too.

WAR St. Pierre!!!!

this guy is always in shape, he enjoys staying in shape.

to the guy above me about lawler knocking him out, whatever dude, George is a top tier fighter a cut above lawler.

I'm torn, hard to sift through the zuffa rogan hype for Lawler, and the reality that gsp may have deteriorated

gLrzCxz.jpg

What is with the red UFO floating over his head? Aliens.....

Was equally as dominant till he fought Hendricks.

No he wasn't. The explosive double leg that was a key to his game never reappeared post-surgery.

He fought 2 poor defensive wrestlers in Condit and Diaz and though he did manage to get them down at times when he was able to work himself into a favorable position to do it, the whole thing was still more of an ordeal for him than it should have been. Pre-surgery GSP would have taken Condit and Diaz down almost at will.

Back