GSP looking thick, solid and tight, would easily take belt if he returned

Would be the best thing that rockets the WW division above all the others.

Lawler gonna Knock you out.....Lawler said knock you out.......better talk to your boy rory before you decied to fight the Champ...

Lawler KOs him IMO. GSP got hit a lot more post knee injury and his takedown success rate went down. I don't see him finishing Lawler so I think it would just be a matter of time till Lawler finishes him.

We've heard it all before.

After his ACL surgery, within 12 months of his first fight back, Georges defended his belt 3 times against the following victims all of whom were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight: Carlos Condit (former WEC champ and UFC interim champ), Nick Diaz (former WEC and Strikeforce champ) and Johny Hendricks (eventual UFC champ)
Source #1:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/gsp-most-top-5-wins-hendo-most-top-10-wins-2483907/
Source #2:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/documented-top-ten-wins-mma-fighters-pride-ufc-2166169/

During that time he won FOTY (vs. Condit), did approx 1 million PPV sales (vs. Diaz) and FOTN (vs. Hendricks). His average PPV sales during those 3 fights was approx. 760,000, the average attendance was 17,417 and the average gate was $4.2 million.

Within one year of returning from ACL surgery, GSP won as many UFC title fights as the following fighters won throughout their entire careers: Jens Pulver, Brock Lesnar, Rich Franklin, Andrei Arlovski and Frankie Edgar *Source

Within one year of returning from ACL surgery, GSP defended his UFC title as many times as the following fighters defended throughout their entire careers: Baby Jay, Chris Weidman, Renan Barao, Ben Henderson and Frank Edgar *Source

Let me know when you see anyone do that again. I'll wait.

GSP has a unique ability to make people eat their words unlike any other fighter in the history of MMA as was documented so nicely by Lookoutwhale...

Enjoy my sig!

We've heard it all before.

After his ACL surgery, within 12 months of his first fight back, Georges defended his belt 3 times against the following victims all of whom were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight: Carlos Condit (former WEC champ and UFC interim champ), Nick Diaz (former WEC and Strikeforce champ) and Johny Hendricks (eventual UFC champ)
Source #1:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/gsp-most-top-5-wins-hendo-most-top-10-wins-2483907/
Source #2:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/documented-top-ten-wins-mma-fighters-pride-ufc-2166169/

During that time he won FOTY (vs. Condit), did approx 1 million PPV sales (vs. Diaz) and FOTN (vs. Hendricks). His average PPV sales during those 3 fights was approx. 760,000, the average attendance was 17,417 and the average gate was $4.2 million.

Within one year of returning from ACL surgery, GSP won as many UFC title fights as the following fighters won throughout their entire careers: Jens Pulver, Brock Lesnar, Rich Franklin, Andrei Arlovski and Frankie Edgar *Source

Within one year of returning from ACL surgery, GSP defended his UFC title as many times as the following fighters defended throughout their entire careers: Baby Jay, Chris Weidman, Renan Barao, Ben Henderson and Frank Edgar *Source

Let me know when you see anyone do that again. I'll wait.

GSP has a unique ability to make people eat their words unlike any other fighter in the history of MMA as was documented so nicely by Lookoutwhale...

I know you are one of the biggest GSP nuthuggers on here if not the biggest but look at how often he got hit in his first 23 fights compared to his last 4.

In GSP's first 23 fights he took 248 significant strikes, in his last 4 he took 240 significant strikes and his takedown success rating went down about 10% while fighting guys with average to bad TDD with the exception of Hendricks.

No one can stay at their best forever especially with a major injury, there is no need to get defensive and deny reality. GSP went out on top and should stay retired, I think Lawler would KO him and Hendricks would either decision him or get a late finish.

GSP clearly is not what he once was based on his performances, yes he won those fights but they were much closer, he was getting hit a lot more and was losing more rounds and not able to take guys down and keep them down as well.

Nick Diaz doesn't stuff 7 takedowns from pre-knee injury GSP.

I thought it was easy to see that GSP wasn't as good in his last 4 as he had been previously just by watching the fights but fightmetric also shows that he wasn't nearly as good statistically and GSP's competition level didn't get like 5 times better or anything, he's always been fighting top guys, what changed was GSP.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/6506c1d34da9c013

I bet I don't.

I do have a guy who works for me that weighs 280lbs, probably 15% body fat. Guy doesn't lift and eats life a fucking bird. I don't know how to explain it and neither does he. He's just one of those genetic freaks.

Does GSP use steroids? I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised. However, I still think it's very possible he's just a very lucky guy with great genes and an amazing work ethic.

Sure you do, everyone knows some 6' 280lb genetic freak who doesn't even lift when defending steroid freaks. He's only a genetic freak like scott steiner is. He's really just a steroid freak.

Saxton was a strongman, not a bodybuilder, he wasn't trying to build muscle, just lift really, really, really heavy shit. He's stronger with 1 arm than most men can lift after years of training.

Here's a natty bodybuilder from the 1800s, who has one of the greatest p4p physiques ever. His physique is the same dimensions as the greek statues.

EugenSandowTrue.png

sandow1.jpg

EUGEN-SANDOW-PHOTO-7.jpg

3cdab_ORIG-eugen_3.jpg

What's his name then?

I know you are one of the biggest GSP nuthuggers on here if not the biggest but look at how often he got hit in his first 23 fights compared to his last 4.

In GSP's first 23 fights he took 248 significant strikes, in his last 4 he took 240 significant strikes and his takedown success rating went down about 10% while fighting guys with average to bad TDD with the exception of Hendricks.

No one can stay at their best forever especially with a major injury, there is no need to get defensive and deny reality. GSP went out on top and should stay retired, I think Lawler would KO him and Hendricks would either decision him or get a late finish.

GSP clearly is not what he once was based on his performances, yes he won those fights but they were much closer, he was getting hit a lot more and was losing more rounds and not able to take guys down and keep them down as well.

I think it's more a testament of how much the sport has grown and how the competition has gotten better rather than GSP getting worse. His time off healing though definitely didn't help any but sometimes you're better coming back from injury look at Adrian Peterson. MMA is a fast moving sport you can take 6 months off come back and every body is kicking your ass with new techniques you've never seen before or nuances that just weren't being used before. GSP did look slower in his last fight with Hendricks but he looked to be in prime shape against Diaz, Condit, and Shields. It's just those three guys are killers and it's no wonder he had a tougher time with them but still dominated them handily.

I thought it was easy to see that GSP wasn't as good in his last 4 as he had been previously just by watching the fights but fightmetric also shows that he wasn't nearly as good statistically and GSP's competition level didn't get like 5 times better or anything, he's always been fighting top guys, what changed was GSP.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/6506c1d34da9c013

I'm a pretty big GSP hugger myself and I don't disagree with any of this. Except for the Lawler and Hendricks would knock him out part. GSP decisions Lawler pretty easily imo and a rematch with Hendricks would be 50/50 (if JH gasses in the second round no way does he beat GSP). I did have him taking 3 rounds from Johny the first time, though there's no disputing that the 2 rounds Hendricks took were more emphatic.

ACL injuries are a bitch. Remember how he used to launch his opponents across the cage with his double legs? When was the last time he did that? GSP was most definitely a shell of himself the last time we saw him. What we saw was the same phenomenal fighter just in a body that was failing him. Which is why he had been contemplating retirement ever since the Condit fight. GSP is a smart man, he knew better than any of us that he wasn't quite as capable as he once was.

Are you being ironic? In GSP's first 23 fights he got hit with 248 significant strikes, in his last 4 he got hit with 240, post knee injury GSP was not nearly as good and his takedowns were not as good either.

You can't quite put it like that, to be fair. Once you are a champ, you face better opponents and get hit more and will have lower TD success - even so, there may have been some deterioration, but not quite as dramatic as those stats indicate without context.

He's the lance armstrong of MMA folks. If you want to see a clean athlete look at the old circus strongmen and bodybuilders of the late 1800's and early 1900's

saxon2.jpg

That's the best a man can look without steroids.

Not really.

-57.jpg

I think it's more a testament of how much the sport has grown and how the competition has gotten better rather than GSP getting worse. His time off healing though definitely didn't help any but sometimes you're better coming back from injury look at Adrian Peterson. MMA is a fast moving sport you can take 6 months off come back and every body is kicking your ass with new techniques you've never seen before or nuances that just weren't being used before. GSP did look slower in his last fight with Hendricks but he looked to be in prime shape against Diaz, Condit, and Shields. It's just those three guys are killers and it's no wonder he had a tougher time with them but still dominated them handily.

This is bullshit.

He's the lance armstrong of MMA folks. If you want to see a clean athlete look at the old circus strongmen and bodybuilders of the late 1800's and early 1900's

saxon2.jpg

That's the best a man can look without steroids.

Sure, knowledge of diet and sports nutrition hasn't grown at all since the 20th century. Must be dem steroids.

Maybe he would take the belt if he came back, but then they would take it back from him when he hits the shower afterwards.

Maybe he would take the belt if he came back, but then they would take it back from him when he hits the shower afterwards.

This is retarded. It's not difficult at all to build muscle, especially when you no longer have to concern yourself with making weight.

I'm a pretty big GSP hugger myself and I don't disagree with any of this. Except for the Lawler and Hendricks would knock him out part. GSP decisions Lawler pretty easily imo and a rematch with Hendricks would be 50/50 (if JH gasses in the second round no way does he beat GSP). I did have him taking 3 rounds from Johny the first time, though there's no disputing that the 2 rounds Hendricks took were more emphatic.

ACL injuries are a bitch. Remember how he used to launch his opponents across the cage with his double legs? When was the last time he did that? GSP was most definitely a shell of himself the last time we saw him. What we saw was the same phenomenal fighter just in a body that was failing him. Which is why he had been contemplating retirement ever since the Condit fight. GSP is a smart man, he knew better than any of us that he wasn't quite as capable as he once was.

How exactly? Lawler has been fighting the guys with the best takedowns at WW and they can't take him down often and when they do they can't do anything with the takedowns, he pops back up really quickly. I don't think post-knee injury GSP's takedowns are much better than Rory's or Hendricks' and Hendricks might in fact have better takedowns than post-injury GSP.

GSP also had trouble with Hendricks cause he's a southpaw, he's going to have those same issues using the jab against Lawler as he did with Hendricks.

Prime vs prime I would pick GSP over Lawler but that's not what this fight would be now, it would be past prime GSP vs Prime Lawler.

GSP, the best!

If he comes back I think I would like Lawler to beat him, but hope he fucks up everyone else minus a Diaz rematch.

Saxton was a strongman, not a bodybuilder, he wasn't trying to build muscle, just lift really, really, really heavy shit. He's stronger with 1 arm than most men can lift after years of training.

Here's a natty bodybuilder from the 1800s, who has one of the greatest p4p physiques ever. His physique is the same dimensions as the greek statues.

EugenSandowTrue.png

sandow1.jpg

EUGEN-SANDOW-PHOTO-7.jpg

3cdab_ORIG-eugen_3.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty damn impressive.

Keep in mind, he still might have been doing something to boost his T to unnatural levels. The era of performance-enhancing drugs dates back to 1889 at least, when James "Pud" Galvin got on the magical elixir train ("I know I'm going to get rich with this scheme! And quick!") by mixing his drinks with dried monkey testosterone, distilled from, where else, monkey testicles.

Not to mention, there are a few freaks out there who just have very high T....not in the normal range. Outliers.

You can't quite put it like that, to be fair. Once you are a champ, you face better opponents and get hit more and will have lower TD success - even so, there may have been some deterioration, but not quite as dramatic as those stats indicate without context.

GSP has always faced top level competition other than his fights before he joined the UFC and maybe 1 or 2 of his early UFC fights. The style match ups might have been more difficult in his last 4 but I don't think the competition level was much better. For example Hughes from the first 2 fights with GSP probably beats Condit and Diaz as he would take them down and have the grappling to have some offense while not getting submitted and a 2009 Alves probably beats Shields.

Luckily Reebok and Armani ave collaborated before

Back