GSP: "I am learning from Benson Henderson. He showed me the blueprint"

Just because Rogan and Goldie have a crush on Bendo's thighs, does not mean his leg kicks are very good. In fact I believed the hype at first, it seemed that he was landing some really heavy leg kicks on people but the more I have seen him the more it has turned out to be fugazi.

Every time they predict that those leg kicks will slow the opponent down. They don't. Ever. Frankie and Clay walked through them, Nate fell down of course, but it did not slow his footwork.

Let's face it, Bendo's leg kicks are just as powerful as his striking. Insignificant. Might look impressive, but you don't see people limping, swelling up etc like you do with some fighters who ACTUALLY have good leg kicks. You know, Pat Barry etc.

I'd much rather take kicks from Bendo than GSP if I had to choose. Even though I'm definitely not a fan of either one.

wtf he slowed Diaz with 2 first low kicks.

Still we don't know.

GSP may kick harder than Benson he is WW and has huge and even more ripped thighs as well and maybe better kicking technique.

And Aldo's kicks >Benson+ GSP kicks.

Aldo would cripple Diaz in first round ...

Thighs size =/= huge kicking power.
But huge thighs+ great technique= brutal-see prime cro cop.

I know you're Canadian, and probably very young, but try looking at things logically and without bias.

Oh stop with the bias stuff, as if the opinion of a Canadian who supports GSP is somehow inherently illegitimate. Canadians in general are logical folk and sophisticated sport fans.

Nick holds every advantage GSP in the striking department. Add to that the fact that GSP never commits to his striking and only uses it as a way to set up his takedowns, it's difficult to see how GSP is going to beat Diaz up on the feet, other than being biased and hoping something is going to happen.

Nick will be vulnerable to GSP's leg kicks, which I feel are very good. His stand-up will also be a bit impeded by the necessity of being watchful against the takedown. Also, Nick seems at his best with guys willing to stand and trade with him. GSP throws a lot of jabs and moves around a lot. Still, I think Nick has a much better chance if this fight remains standing.

GSP is a million times better then Benson at every aspect of MMA. What could he possibly learn from him

Oh stop being a fan boy. Your hero thinks otherwise and you are really reaching.

I think Benson beat Nate on the feet by always getting off first with that low kick and generally having far superior speed and explosivity. I think GSP v Nick will be very similar, though George will probably be even more aggressive with the takedowns.

GSP also has better footwork than Bendo and cleaner boxing. Diaz is going to get tooled no matter where the fight takes place.

I doubt he really learned anything new from watching Bendo. I think more likely he is just using this to tease Nick by basically saying he watched his brother lose and is going to do the same thing to him.

roger that.

I learned in this thread that most people haven't watched any of GSP's fights, their knowledge comes from forum posts that are usually inaccurate such as saying GSP always goes for the takedowns.

There are some seriously delusional posters here, GSP is better than Bendo at everything? Really?

Bendo fought an excellent fight against the Diaz style. And contrary to Condit, while actually fighting strategically sound, he also more clearly actually laid a beating on the Diaz.

GSP has the tools to do the same to Diaz in the standup. Most importantly, he has the backup plan of going for takedowns and controlling/pounding Nick on the ground while avoiding his guard, as Benson did too.

Well at least he's not pretending he will try to finish fights anymore.

yeah, cause henderson wasn't laying down any serious gnp :rolleyes:

that mat must have been mighty slippery for diaz to fall all those times. :icon_lol:

Well dur, like he needed a blueprint anyway.

I don't know how it's escaped everyone for so long but it should have been abundantly clear from the Cerrone/Nate and Condit/Nick fights that they have a heavy stance vulnerable to leg kicks. Outside of Aldo and Shogun, Bendo has some of the heaviest, nastiest ones in the business and anyone who thought he wasn't going to tool the shit out of Nate's lead simply hasn't watched enough footage on either man.

I expected Georges to do this anyway because there was no chance Firas or Greg didn't pick up on it a long time ago. I hope Nick's been working on his sweeps and subs from his back, because his stand up isn't going to get the job done.

Oh stop with the bias stuff, as if the opinion of a Canadian who supports GSP is somehow inherently illegitimate. Canadians in general are logical folk and sophisticated sport fans.

I never said Canadians are not logical and sophisticated sports fans. But when a Canadian is saying something like, "GSP will beat the crap out of Diaz on the feet" it just shows how biased the poster is because any unbiased observer would admit that Diaz has the advantage on the feet since GSP obviously isn't going to stand with Diaz.

If the Canadian poster had said, "GSP is going to get takedowns and beat Diaz with GnP" then that bias isn't there because that's more likely to happen.

UFC caters to fans who are xenophobic (not racist as many seem to think) and will fill cards in certain areas with fighters from that area because that's what those fans want to see.

I never said Canadians are not logical and sophisticated sports fans. But when a Canadian is saying something like, "GSP will beat the crap out of Diaz on the feet" it just shows how biased the poster is because any unbiased observer would admit that Diaz has the advantage on the feet since GSP obviously isn't going to stand with Diaz.

If the Canadian poster had said, "GSP is going to get takedowns and beat Diaz with GnP" then that bias isn't there because that's more likely to happen.

UFC caters to fans who are xenophobic (not racist as many seem to think) and will fill cards in certain areas with fighters from that area because that's what those fans want to see.

Did Benson beat the crap out of Nate on the feet? Yes? Okay.

Perhaps that was what he was referring to. No, Bendo didn't get into a slugging war with Nate as no rational person would but he certainly tooled Diaz standing as well as on the ground. If you think GSP can't or won't do the same then you're ignoring both reality and the thread title.

What does have that is better than GSP? His foot work and head movement are atrocious. He cannot cut off the octagon to save his life or be bothered to not get punched in the face repeatedly. All Diaz has is the ability to plod forward getting blasted and wear his opponent out. When is comes to throwing hand combinations Diaz is the best there is at WW but that is it. GSP will use angles and land at will before getting the TD.

Bendo went fucking HAM on Nate on the feet and the ground, it was calculated but he engaged. He would have finished PLENTY of 55ers with less of a chin than Nate.

That is something GSP hasn't done since 2007. Quite frankly, I'm sick of the 49-46 grapple fuck/jab fests he puts on, finish a fucking fight one time.

Back