GSP: "I am learning from Benson Henderson. He showed me the blueprint"

always down to see gsp lay an exciting, one-sided beatdown on anyone .. knowing that it will be nick will be even better!!!!!

The best part about this statement is that it isn't preposterous to think that. I personally like Nate's resume better.

In their respective divisions I see no way you could argue Nick > Nate, at least not based on their resum

The problem with this is that Benson beat Nate by keeping him guessing on the feet. GSP better not keep it on the feet for an extended period of time against Nick.

OK, Benson pressure Diaz until he fold. Shut him down and took him down for some GNP.
Good plan. Now wait a minute, it remind me someone's fighting style...

The problem with this is that Benson beat Nate by keeping him guessing on the feet. GSP better not keep it on the feet for an extended period of time against Nick.

I think Benson beat Nate on the feet by always getting off first with that low kick and generally having far superior speed and explosivity. I think GSP v Nick will be very similar, though George will probably be even more aggressive with the takedowns.

Haha not if GSP has anything to do with it!

gsp has had 6, 5 round UD's ... 3 of them have been awarded fight of the nite ... he won all 15 of the rounds (one judge gave condit one round) ... seems like he very well can add to his collection of epic fights

I think Benson beat Nate on the feet by always getting off first with that low kick and generally having far superior speed and explosivity. I think GSP v Nick will be very similar, though George will probably be even more aggressive with the takedowns.

GSP's kicks are no where as near as powerful p4p as Bensons are.

Nick Diaz took kicks from Cyborg and Condit and kept coming with no problem at all. This would not be a good gameplan for GSP

I doubt he really learned anything new from watching Bendo. I think more likely he is just using this to tease Nick by basically saying he watched his brother lose and is going to do the same thing to him.

this is funny if it were true

Georges WILL beat up Diaz on the feet

Is the P4P even necessary? I don't think he kicks harder than Bendo period.

Being kicked hard at 155 is different from being kicked hard at 170.

That's why I said p4p. The difference between being kicked by Bendo as a LW is much more traumatic than being kicked by GSP at WW.

Back