GSP: "I am learning from Benson Henderson. He showed me the blueprint"

I think he can take what Benson did to Nate, and apply it to Nick. I thought that during the fight. So many similarities. It makes perfect sense. Even if it is MMAth

The problem with this is that Benson beat Nate by keeping him guessing on the feet. GSP better not keep it on the feet for an extended period of time against Nick.

he's not going to brawl with nick which is diaz's only shot. nick does not have one shot ko power. georges is the better striker.

What if Nate sandbagged against Henderson on purpose, made it look like he had a set of weaknesses that were exploited. So GSP trains a certain way for his fight against Nick, and then Nick flanks him, pulls out the double-reverse psychology, exploiting GSP's attack against what he perceives Nick's weaknesses to be, and Nick wins the belt.

it could happen.

but according to sherdog, Nate and Nick are different fighters!! Nick is way better than Nate!!!!

What if Nate sandbagged against Henderson on purpose, made it look like he had a set of weaknesses that were exploited. So GSP trains a certain way for his fight against Nick, and then Nick flanks him, pulls out the double-reverse psychology, exploiting GSP's attack against what he perceives Nick's weaknesses to be, and Nick wins the belt.

it could happen.

You must smoke more weed than the entire Team Gracie camp

I learned in this thread that most people haven't watched any of GSP's fights, their knowledge comes from forum posts that are usually inaccurate such as saying GSP always goes for the takedowns.

Probably the same knuckleheads who say he always has the same gameplan.

it could happen.

I'll see you at this weekend's moon landing denier club meeting.

Wrestling and leg kicks we know we know. Nick knows but hopefully he can do something about it or will be boring ass fight just like Bendo and Nate..

The problem with this is that Benson beat Nate by keeping him guessing on the feet. GSP better not keep it on the feet for an extended period of time against Nick.
Why? Who, exactly, has outstruck GSP in recent history?

GSP isn't as reckless or dynamic as Benson.

GSP's gameplan is always the same. ALWAYS. Take a guy down and NEVER under any circumstances, posture up. Try to pass guard sometimes, throw some strikes to avoid getting stood up, look at the clock, when there's 5 seconds left, go for a leg lock you have no intention of finishing, but just want to try it to help the judges score the round for you.

I know you're a Diaz nuthugger, and probably very stoned, but try looking at things logically and without bias.

Just look at how fucked up GSP's opponents are after fighting him. It's not even the old "some fighters bleed more than others", he broke their faces and will.

Bendo's performance is exactly how I would imagine GSP would have fought Nick anyway. Outwrestle, outkick, out power him. Not a big suprise... I'm not sure why the Diaz bros other opponents didn't try it and instead stood right in front of them to get punched.

Bendo's performance is exactly how I would imagine GSP would have fought Nick anyway. Outwrestle, outkick, out power him. Not a big suprise... I'm not sure why the Diaz bros other opponents didn't try it and instead stood right in front of them to get punched.

Its cause they came to fight. Sarcasm

It must be said that this tactic does require a lot of size/strength and pretty good wrestling.

Well i think that everyone knows the blueprint to beat Diaz. And GSP will probably beat him. But it's interesting to see what kind of fight Diaz puts up.

Just look at how fucked up GSP's opponents are after fighting him. It's not even the old "some fighters bleed more than others", he broke their faces and will.

They've been fighting for 25 minutes. If GSP is going to get credit for his opponents faces being a mess after fighting for 25 minutes, then his opponents deserve the same credit.

Have you seen GSP's face after he's been fighting for 25 minutes?

141_georges_st-pierre.0_standard_352.0.jpg

St-Pierre-v-Shields-UFC-129_0515.jpg

LOL at GSP running from Diaz. Unlike Condit, GSP has amazing TDs, so he won't have to run. He'll take Diaz down and beat the hell out of him for as many rounds as it takes, and if 5 isn't long enough for the KO then he'll win a UD. I think it will be exciting since Diaz is so dangerous off his back, but Condit is no slouch in the BJJ department and he couldn't get anything going. This is a horrible matchup for Diaz...he doesn't have one punch KO power and GSP isn't going to sit there and get hit by 100 shots until he goes down, and he's a better all around grappler than Diaz who won't make stupid mistakes in the guard and give up a sub. I just don't see a way Diaz wins this, barring a really uncharacteristic mistake from GSP.

I am just trollin', :icon_lol:

They've been fighting for 25 minutes. If GSP is going to get credit for his opponents faces being a mess after fighting for 25 minutes, then his opponents deserve the same credit.

By your logic, every fighters going 25 minutes will look like BJ, Alves, Kos, and Condit then? especially after all GSP does is lay on them and doing just enough not to get stood up? Why does it matter what GSP's face looks like? all that proves is that he didn't fight the way you said he did or his opponents must've mastered the one inch punch to fuck him up that much from side control.

Let me show what real victims of lay n pray usually look like

Here's Okami after being laid on by Chael.

0.jpg

And Nate with a small welt under his eye

eG1RWjJ2R2g5NFUx_o_nate-marquardt-post-fight-ufc-128.jpg

Here's one of Jake Shield's decision win

shields_kampmann.jpg

Last edited:

141_georges_st-pierre.0_standard_352.0.jpg

St-Pierre-v-Shields-UFC-129_0515.jpg

didn't he fight almost the entire fight against Jake with one eye, though? It is much You know, after shields blatantly poked him in the eye. It's a lot harder to defend (thus you take more damage) when fighting 1/2 blind.

Back