GSP can takedown Cain?

Sport Science has never really been a great source, I'm pretty sure they said that GSP has a harder jab than Shogun's kick or Rampage's punch.

Science isnt a great source of information?...GTFO, you moron you..

i think no one in the ufc could take down cain except cormier

Didn't some 5'5'' brazilian reporter td jones?
So yes it's possible, but no GSP would not outwrestle Cain Velasquez

GSP may be about 190, maybe 200 carrying some fat. Cain is 240.

Unlikely.

GSP's strength is his shoot into double/single leg. If Brock couldn't double-leg Cain it's unlikely GSP could. If Cain gets taken down and kept down, it most likely would be from over-under with an unorthodox trip or throw. I'd be interested to see Cain and Machida in a wrestling match.

I don't see why people assume that Cain is so much stronger than GSP. Cain is 240 and has a rather high body fat percentage. GSP is approx. 200, with a much lower fat percentage. If you adjust for this, their lean body masses probably aren't that different. Given that GSP is so fast and an excellent MMA wrestler, I don't see any reason that he couldn't take Cain down a few times. Not saying he would win, but I wouldn't underestimate him.

Unlikely.

GSP's strength is his shoot into double/single leg. If Brock couldn't double-leg Cain it's unlikely GSP could. If Cain gets taken down and kept down, it most likely would be from over-under with an unorthodox trip or throw. I'd be interested to see Cain and Machida in a wrestling match.

Cain would beat Machida in wrestling. Cain against Jones would be more competitive, I think Cain would win that though.

I don't see why people assume that Cain is so much stronger than GSP. Cain is 240 and has a rather high body fat percentage. GSP is approx. 200, with a much lower fat percentage. If you adjust for this, their lean body masses probably aren't that different. Given that GSP is so fast and an excellent MMA wrestler, I don't see any reason that he couldn't take Cain down a few times. Not saying he would win, but I wouldn't underestimate him.

Cain still has over 20 pounds of muscle on GSP, also strength can't just be judged by muscle anyway. GSP would hardly be able to move Lesnar, but Cain took him down. I get your points though.

Science isnt a great source of information?...GTFO, you moron you..

..So you actually believe that GSP has a harder jab than a Shogun leg kick? or a Rampage power punch?

Science is a good source of information, but that show Sport Science is not accurate. Only a fool would believe that GSP's jab is harder than a kick from Shogun and a stepping hook from Rampage.

Georges Laraque. Yeah he took that beast of a mofo down. He's a hockey player, right?

I've seen a video a time ago of GSP taking down a big guy that was heavyweight but the guy was not a fighter

anyway, that dude was no trained for defend takedowns but was freaking big and i wonder if GSP with his great wrestling can at least throw cain to the mat with a takedown...

I am 40 years old, an out of shape fat 210 lbs, 5'10" tall and have no training beyond a white belt in karate and grade 9 gym class wrestling. I got into a disagreement outside of a bar before christmas with a guy who was 6 foot or better and 350lbs and when shit went down I grabbed a single and dumped him on his head. Big doesn't mean you are hard to take down, but Cain has crazy good wrestling and at his size wouldn't have to worry about GSPs power so there is no way GSP is getting any where near a TD on Cain.

Cain would beat Machida in wrestling. Cain against Jones would be more competitive, I think Cain would win that though.

Of course Cain would beat Machida in wrestling. My point was that it would be interesting to see if Machida could utilize his creative trips and throws from clinch against Cain.

AO also has some nice trips from clinch, I doubt he'll have time to set them up though.

Cain still has over 20 pounds of muscle on GSP, also strength can't just be judged by muscle anyway. GSP would hardly be able to move Lesnar, but Cain took him down. I get your points though.

Yeah, I agree that strength isn't judged by muscle alone (although this argument really can't be used to argue that Cain is much stronger, either). I still think that GSP could secure a takedown though, as takedowns are more about athleticism and momentum than strength alone. On the other hand, strength would obviously be an advantage once you have the takedown.

I see Cain taking Brock down as a good example of this: he used his momentum and athleticism to take down a much bigger and stronger opponent, though he really couldn't outmuscle Brock.

I'm willing to bet that the difference in strength between Brock and Cain is actually a fair bit bigger than the difference between Cain and GSP, so I don't think that Cain's size should make us believe that GSP can't take him down.

..So you actually believe that GSP has a harder jab than a Shogun leg kick? or a Rampage power punch?

Science is a good source of information, but that show Sport Science is not accurate. Only a fool would believe that GSP's jab is harder than a kick from Shogun and a stepping hook from Rampage.

That's a strawman argument in other words you're making shit up and then discrediting it as though that's my position....just had to explain that in simple layman's terms due to the 209 in your screen name, so you don't get confused.

SportScience never said what you're saying. They said he punches harder than Shogun kicks. http://m.mixedmartialarts.com/mma-news/322396/Sport-Science-GSP-punches-harder-than-Shogun-kicks don't let reality and science hurt your feelings.

26028454.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back