GSP can takedown Cain?

34pb1w1.jpg

Thank you for putting into perspective how silly this thread is.

GSP could definitely take Cain down. However, every time he'd be able to take Cain down, Cain would ground him twice.

Be able to take him down? Yes. Be able to take Cain down more time than Cain can take him down? No way.

GSP is a way strong for his weight (people that trained with him say that he is compared to 90kgs level of strength) but Cain is just 110kgs-strong and skillful.

Could gap take down to the paradise city?

Kongo took Cain down. Not saying Gsp could but its still relevant. Lets be realistic Cain fights in the least talented division in mma.

Who hasn't Kongo taken down lately?

Cain placed top 5 in the NCAA at HW and went up against guys like Conrad. He toss GSP around like a child.

If GSP is now taking down the #1 HW wrestler in MMA then why is he scared to go up to MW?

I would think GSP could get some HW's down, no doubt. Cain would be one I highly doubt, it isn't just his size it's also Cains speed and explosiveness that would be tough to deal with.

Cain has no speed or explosiveness against a welterweight, they are inherently faster. On the other hand size, skill, and weight makes more sense as the deciding factor in this match

I've seen a video a time ago of GSP taking down a big guy that was heavyweight but the guy was not a fighter

anyway, that dude was no trained for defend takedowns but was freaking big and i wonder if GSP with his great wrestling can at least throw cain to the mat with a takedown...

you're thinking of his exhibition session with NHL goon Georges Laraque. Here it is, Laraque is +250lbs in the video:

[YT]nJQkxuvJVhQ[/YT]

Here, if you want to know more about Laraque:

[YT]8thUr6OV-6w[/YT]

Edit: Believe it or not, that big, big guy is a Vegan and also an environment activist and animal rights defender. A gentle giant. If you're wondering, the first curse word he utters when taken down is "tabarnak", one of French's strongest curse word. Rumor has it Georges Laraque never lost a NHL fight. And he has had TONS of them. Hundreds.

Last edited:
people seem to forget tha gsp with the same bodyfat that cain has would probably be even heavier than cain ;)

Im not going to answer this kind of posts because ill end up getting banned.

well i think that we need to redefine the question here.

are we asking whether gsp can ever take velasquez down at all, or are we asking if gsp can take velasquez down consistently?

in a pure wrestling match, the contest would be a joke. no point in even discussing that. in training? yeah, i can see gsp getting a takedown once in a blue moon. but that's not saying much, really. and in a fight? no fucking way, lol.

odd occurrences happen all the time. i'm sure that jose aldo could probably land some crazy kick on anderson silva. but we don't go around saying that aldo could knock him out.

In MMA? No way. He'd get savaged immediately
In pure wrestling? No way. He'd lose badly
In training? Yes. It's only training and GSP can take anyone down in training when its not 100% and fighters are working on things with each other.

Who hasn't Kongo taken down lately?

Cain placed top 5 in the NCAA at HW and went up against guys like Conrad. He toss GSP around like a child.

I believe Cain could and most likely would do that. The question was could GSP take Cain down and I think he can.

Yeah, guys out of Jacksons talk about GSP tossing around Rashad, but from what I've seen from the prime times that doesn't really seem like the case, and it's damn hard to imagine why GSP wouldn't just go dominate Anderson if he could really wrestle the hell out of guys that much bigger than him. Cain is a total monster and nearly as good an mma wrestler as GSP, he would rag doll him. But no doubt GSP tosses around big guys with no wrestling background, I'm sure mighty mouse tosses around big dudes with no wrestling, skill beats the shit out of size, see any early UFC fight involving a wrestler if you don't believe that.

Because Anderson wont fight GSP at his weight class and GSP feels no need to move away from the weight he is champion at? Should GSP call out Aldo but then add "oh yeah Aldo put on 20 pounds bud, if you dont your a pussy and I am not moving to your weight". Silva is a joke.

Back