GSP can takedown Cain?

I'd say a wrestling match between Velasquez and Askren would be fun. You can't ragdoll wrestlers like that. Granted I do think Velasquez would win soundly...

That's a strawman argument in other words you're making shit up and then discrediting it as though that's my position....just had to explain that in simple layman's terms due to the 209 in your screen name, so you don't get confused.

SportScience never said what you're saying. They said he punches harder than Shogun kicks. http://m.mixedmartialarts.com/mma-news/322396/Sport-Science-GSP-punches-harder-than-Shogun-kicks don't let reality and science hurt your feelings.

26028454.jpg

Lol, are you really trying to use that to save your argument? That he forgot exactly what ludicrous thing sports science said? GSP punching harder than Shogun kicking is just as ludicrous, if not more so.
You can't be that stupid, so I'm now convinced you are trolling.

Btw, Sports "science" thus indirectly said that GSP hits harder than prime Tyson. Yeah, seems legit.

Last edited:
That's a strawman argument in other words you're making shit up and then discrediting it as though that's my position....just had to explain that in simple layman's terms due to the 209 in your screen name, so you don't get confused.

SportScience never said what you're saying. They said he punches harder than Shogun kicks. http://m.mixedmartialarts.com/mma-news/322396/Sport-Science-GSP-punches-harder-than-Shogun-kicks don't let reality and science hurt your feelings.

26028454.jpg

Did you even watch the show? It "registered" GSP's punches/kicks harder than cain velasquez and shogun..
How hilarious is that?
Welterweights must have the best chins in all of MMA, I guess.

Lol, are you really trying to use that to save your argument? That he forgot exactly what ludicrous thing sports science said? GSP punching harder than Shogun kicking is just as ludicrous, if not more so.

Another enemy of scientific factual information. You can't argue science with feelings. If you can produce scientific information to the contrary I'll believe it.

Did you even watch the show? It "registered" GSP's punches/kicks harder than cain velasquez and shogun..
How hilarious is that?

I certainly did watch it, and you're suggesting SportsScience and ESPN cooked the books? C'mon man that sounds ridiculous. Why would they?

Another enemy of scientific factual information. You can't argue science with feelings. If you can produce scientific information to the contrary I'll believe it.

Rampage only came in at 1800lbs of force. GSP almost doubled that. hmmm

How hilarious is that?

Btw, Sports "science" thus indirectly said that GSP hits harder than prime Tyson. Yeah, seems legit.

Saved me a lot of time so I now don't have to argue with this dude. Thanks guys.

I'll do that when you explain to me what a properly controlled experiment that measures striking power should look like. Because if you could, even very approximately, you could also clearly see that what we see in sports science isn't even consistent enough to be even be considered close to one.
To even be comparable they would have to use exactly the same equipment for all, hitting the bag at the exact same spot, proper equiment, what measurements (lbs per square inch, or what?) etc. We know nothing about how well these things were done (except for what you can see, which doesn't look similar) and since an actual university (not an enterainment show) clocked Ricky Hatton in at around 1000 lbs, yes, I call bullshit.

Last edited:
Thats why I also said MMA wrestler.

Cain would toss GSP around lets be real.

Kongo took Cain down. Not saying Gsp could but its still relevant. Lets be realistic Cain fights in the least talented division in mma.

Sport Science has never really been a great source, I'm pretty sure they said that GSP has a harder jab than Shogun's kick or Rampage's punch.

Gina carano apparently can RNC about twice as hard as BJ Penn, too. :rolleyes:

..That surely says something about it's use as a source.

Of course physically he could take him down, provided Cain didn't care. In a fight? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Next week sherdog questions: Can Aldo outstrike Overeem or Bones?

Rampage only came in at 1800lbs of force. GSP almost doubled that. hmmm

Based on the evidence, I'd love to see Koscheck at LHW. If he could take 100 GSP jabs, he could easily take 200 Rampage Hooks and probably ~300 Bones Hellbows.

Koscheck LHW Champ 2013!

I'll do that when you explain to me what a properly controlled experiment that measures striking power should look like. Because if you could, even very approximately, you could also clearly see that what we see in sports science isn't even consistent enough to be even be considered close to one.
To even be comparable they would have to use exactly the same equipment for all, hitting the bag at the exact same spot, proper equiment, what measurements (lbs per square inch, or what?) etc. We know nothing about how well these things were done (except for what you can see, which doesn't look similar) and since an actual university (not an enterainment show) clocked Ricky Hatton in at around 1000 lbs, yes, I call bullshit.
So ESPN cooked the books in favor of GSP :rolleyes: National Geographic is entertainment, the Science channel is entertainment is that Bullshit or are you setting up a strawman?

Kongo took Cain down. Not saying Gsp could but its still relevant. Lets be realistic Cain fights in the least talented division in mma.

this

gsp fights in the best wrestling division in mma ever

cain fights in the weakest

It has a lot to do with leverage, speed and angles. ANYONE can take ANYONE down.

So ESPN cooked the books in favor of GSP :rolleyes: National Geographic is entertainment, the Science channel is entertainment is that Bullshit or are you setting up a strawman?

So you are using a straw man while accusing me of/asking if I used one?
Ok.

I was only talking about their methodology (what we actually get to see of it), and not about whether it was intentionally wrong or not.
Btw, your last sentence doesn't really make any sense.

so by that logic you think Mayweather could take on Wladimir?

This is about if GSP can take down Cain not if he could win a fight. This doesn't compare to boxing at all. The closest thing would be could Mayweather land a hook on Wladimir.

Word is GSP was easily taking down Rashad, Nasty Nate, and everyone else at Greg Jackson's but they had a tough time taking Georges down.

Don't know if Cain was there.

It's on Yotube somewhere.
Saw the video where GSP and Rashad were training and he was smothering Rashad.

if GSP really outwrestled Rashad he can TD Cain for sure obviously. Rashad is better wrestler than Cain in my opinion.

Back