Green Bay Packers 2019-2020: Touchdown Jesus

Have you accepted Touchdown Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

• Total voters
These morons need an ass reaming after this shot show

giphy.gif

they did play like shit but this was a trap game 100%. they will blow out carolina next week and all will be right going into the bye.

Oh and Packers don't have defense. It's so fucking obvious and these games show it.

What do you think about 49ers game after bye?
well they are going to have to work on the protection. if they can keep him upright they win easily. 9ers are overrated imho. Seahawks and saints destroy GB though.

Oh and Packers don't have defense. It's so fucking obvious and these games show it.

They play too soft and live or die off turnovers. It wouldn't be a problem if the offense was humming and could score at will.

7-2, let's not overreact. Don't think this is a sign of things to come.

7-2, let's not overreact. Don't think this is a sign of things to come.

Just one of those days, terrible in all three phases and really just didn't show up.

However they have to take this seriously, it wasn't some shit that usually doesn't happen, just that the weaknesses that we have seen throughout the season came through big in the same game and for the entire game. Heavy problems defending the run and short passing game already happened in most games; tendency to give up 1-2 huge plays; offense getting completely stifled and having no answers for good run D and good pass rush plagued them early as well, just like early in the season MLF/Rodgers couldn't adjust; Rodgers getting and rattled and becoming inaccurate...

Offense easily gets most of the blame today tho. Defense held them to 9 points after a ridiculous first half, but then the offense and special teams continued to stink until late in the game.

I was apprehensive about the defense before the season started. They seemed to find a way to play better than I thought they would. It seemed like they got lucky but I thought they might be making their own luck. The last few games have shown that the defense is brutally awful and luck probably played a huge part in their early season success.

I thought that Rodgers was slow in making decisions today and was looking for Adams way too much. With that pass rush, the ball has to get out quickly. They never seemed to make any adjustments to help or even chip on the pass rush. It takes me back to Mike McCarthy who insisted his tackles play one on one.

was looking for Adams way too much
I really hope that this doesn't become an actual problem. The offense was pretty fun to watch when Adams didn't play, today it looked like early in the season again...

Graham getting paid all that money and he can't even help out the tackles in pass pro.

Lol well this was some shitty news to wake up to, but I'm not too hurt. The charger's terrible luck had to change sooner or later, and the GB offense was sure to show whatever weaknesses it has eventually. Today, both happened. Oh well. Every good team has had an ugly loss or two.

On the bright side, Minny, Detroit and duh burrs all lost too lmao. GB still leading the division, and if we beat SF we'll be right back in the hunt for the number 1 seed.

They brought back Ibraheim Campbell after all. Hope he recovered well!

This is exactly what I predicted after the hot start. That, just like after the hot start in 2015, the defense would recede, and that is why jumping the gun on its greatness was premature.

Here’s a more thorough explanation of the issues since Week 3, from Sheil Kapadia of The Athletic: “In the past six weeks, the Packers’ defense ranks 31st in yards per play allowed, 30th in net yards per pass play, 30th in big completions, 23rd in points per game, 24th in sack percentage and 26th on third down.”

The Packers are now the 20th ranked defense by DVOA and expected points added and 28th in yards allowed per play, although they remain No. 11 in points allowed per game due to the impressive start.
The group has allowed the highest percentage of runs of at least 4 yards, per Ben Fennell of The Athletic. Overall, the Packers are giving up 4.7 yards per carry, with 24 rushes allowed of 10 or more yards. Pettine hasn’t made stopping the run a priority, and teams have taken advantage.
The Packers were one of the best pass-rushing teams in football over the first three weeks, but they’ve struggled to consistently get to the quarterback over the last six games. Going into Week 10, the Packers rank 18th in the NFL in pressure percentage and 20th in sack percentage. Mike Pettine’s defense has only 10 sacks since Week 3. That ranks 23rd in the NFL. Quarterbacks have had time, and when veterans get time, they generally find someone open. The Packers have allowed a passer rating of 102.6 over the last six games.
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/06/packers-defense-showing-worrying-signs-after-9-games/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back