1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

Green Bay Packers 2019-2020: Touchdown Jesus

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Gregolian, Oct 21, 2019.

?

Have you accepted Touchdown Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

1. Yes

61.5%
  2. Also yes

38.5%
  3. Fuck you I want Jordy back

30.8%
  4. Get Emmanuel Sanders

23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ralphc1

ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

2. Execute

Execute Gold Belt Platinum Member

3. JackWhite

JackWhite Red Belt

If the offense didn't pull a no show they probably beat the Chargers. The defense held them to 9 points at halftime.

I know he's playing hurt, but the rest of the DLine has to pull their weight.

Deffid likes this.
  4. Forever Young

Forever Young Balls Deep Belt

Yeah this need to complain is so silly haha. Obviously it's not a perfect team, they have strengths and weaknesses in both sides of the ball--- but they're winning!!! Barring major injuries, this team will have a fighting chance in the postseason: against anyone in the NFC or, insha'Allah, the AFC.

JackWhite likes this.
  5. Chris Partlow

Chris Partlow This is disgusting

Pretty sure I read Clark leads all DTs in snaps played and is playing hurt. He also gets double teamed every play and is getting overused. Saw some people trying to deflect blame from Martinez or whomever else onto him for not putting up better stats in a contract year, fuck off with that.

Lowrys had a couple good games and that’s it. Adams and Lancaster haven’t looked anything special and Keke is still developing. Not sure why some think next game is a sure win when the best RB in the league comes into town

6. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Clark's numbers being down shows just how much the team is kind of missing have Daniels on that line. Daniels drew tons of attention allowing Clark to operate.

It's why Clay Matthews had decent sack numbers with Peppers cause Peppers required so much damn attention.

7. INeedARemedy

INeedARemedy GOAT

The ILB play has been awful and it's allowed offenses to sustain drives and get chunk yardage

I remember the story about Blake's off-season being that he bulked up significantly. That seems to have been a bad move as he looks slow and immobile as shit out there. Goodson does what he can, but he was an easy pickup for a reason. Burks is either too young or just not good enough

Gregolian and Deffid like this.
  8. Gregolian

It's pretty obvious that they need a stud ILB. Really wanted VanderEsch when he was in the draft but that ship has sailed.

This guy is probably going to be in the draft next year though:

9. Deffid

Deffid BURN THEM ALL #stillmyqueen

Yeah I mentioned that earlier in this thread I think. Also the offense stunk it up in the first drive of the second half and the defense held the Chargers to just a FG yet again. The blame for the Chargers loss should go nearly 100% to the offense, eventually the D just gassed. However if Pettine wants to play soft and zone a lot, they have to limit the big plays and that is what they couldn't do lately.
    Packers have success when the offense has a flow and compliments the defense and they don't give up 3-4 huge plays a game, like mentioned they have some problems on both sides of the ball and sadly don't have the best special teams work either.

I expect a reaction on Sunday at home, but that matchup is tough, make no mistake.

Absolutely disgusting how some blame others for Martinez' trash ass play. I don't give a shit if has a thousand tackles if he always misses the important ones and always is too late and just does damage control. Like I said earlier, I hope Campbell can help with the Raven Greene hybrid S/ILB role now and Amos can play his position more again.

Clark is gonna get a big and long contract and rightfully so.

Draft is deep at ILB and WR, two positions of need for the Packers (mentioned that earlier as well). Not sure where the Pack's draft positon is gonna be, but Gute has to nail that draft. Kinda expect him to trade up for a ILB/WR like he did for Savage in the 2019 draft tbh.

JackWhite and Gregolian like this.
  10. Gregolian

I suspect it'll be ILB, DL, and receiver in that order mostly cause it's getting kind of apparent that Rodgers trusts Lazard to a point so there's sorta a compliment to Adams as the #1. But Packers need that midrange over the middle slot guy.

EDIT:
    I know Joe Buck or Aikman said it but you can see that the team's passing attack is missing what Cobb has done for years. Find the soft spot over the middle and sit in it as the safety valve.

JackWhite and Deffid like this.
  11. Deffid

Wouldn't hate that to be fair. I assume the top receivers will sadly be gone before the Packers draft and no one will pass up on them in a trade either. I really like Lazard, he's improving every week it seems. EQ will come back as potential big slot receiver as well next year.

Edit: I also think they should give Bulaga a new deal if he stays healthy. If a tackle they love falls to them then so be it, but keeping Rodgers upright is a priority.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    JackWhite likes this.
  12. Deffid

Just saw this. MLF has to figure that shit out, that's one of the reasons why they hired a new coach. They have the stud #1 receiver in Adams and a bunch of other guys with potential at least. TE's need time to adjust and all, but Sternberger was a great recieiving TE in college and IIRC had even more YAC than Hockenson and Fant in college, obviously not as a true slot guy, but MLF may be able to use him through the middle.

Gregolian likes this.
  13. JackWhite

JackWhite Red Belt

I don't think MLF has much to work with in regards to the receiving corps. Outside of Adams, no one has consistently stepped up. I mean, you know it's bad when a RB was your best receiving option when your number one wideout is out with turf toe, lol.

Deffid likes this.
  14. Deffid

That is true to be fair, consistency is a big issue.

We talk a lot about the offseason for a 7-2 team so here some news :D

also

JackWhite likes this.
  15. ralphc1

Martinez making so many tackles is because the defensive line sucks ass and can't tackle anyone.

16. ralphc1

Bulaga didn't do much to keep Rodgers upright against the Chargers.

17. Deffid

He was very good this season and certainly not the worst o line player in LA either.

I guess they should just dissolve the whole team mid season because one no show against the Chargers. :rolleyes:

Team has flaws and they are annoying, but you act like they are 2-7 and not 7-2 lol.

Forever Young and Execute like this.
  18. KOQ24

KOQ24 Gold Belt

Clark has played by far the most snaps of any defensive tackle.

Might wanna give Wilkerson a cheap deal and see if he has anything left to give Clark some plays off.
    Zach Brown is also not signed i dont know what his problem is though, he played stellar last season.

Deffid likes this.
  19. Execute

Execute Gold Belt Platinum Member

He'd have a lot more tackles if he could actually hit an open gap. He's given up several huge runs by standing there flat footed waiting for the RB to make a move.

Deffid and INeedARemedy like this.
  20. ralphc1

This team could easily have been 2-7. The Raiders and Broncos were the only teams that they had any kind of convincing wins against. They got out in front of the Vikings because of some charity from Cousin Kirk then had to hang on to win by 5. Dallas almost came back. We got lucky that Mahomes was out in Kansas City.