Greatest Pop song of the 80's is?

both of those tears for fears songs were awesome

You guys have reminded me of some that I forgot about oh well Apple is going to get more of my duckets (do kids still say duckets?)

Beat it, OP

No really...best pop song off the 80s is "Beat it."

Now beat it

both of those tears for fears songs were awesome

Shout shout, mad world, and pale shelter are all top tier 80's songs too. A solid 80's band, there can be no doubt. Maybe the best.

Yeah... I said what I think most people would say which is something by Michael Jackson but to me it's Tears for Fears... "Everybody Wants to Rule the World".

That song is the ultimate 80's song. I love the vibe of that song. It has kind of a laid-back dreamy feel to it... and then the lyrics... "Welcome to your life... there's no turning back..." are the perfect words to go with the vibe that the music has set.

Tears for Fears ftw.

Yeah... I said what I think most people would say which is something by Michael Jackson but to me it's Tears for Fears... "Everybody Wants to Rule the World".

That song is the ultimate 80's song. I love the vibe of that song. It has kind of a laid-back dreamy feel to it... and then the lyrics... "Welcome to your life... there's no turning back..." are the perfect words to go with the vibe that the music has set.

Tears for Fears ftw.

telly-savalas_zps4f0cf6ce.jpg

Have to go with Billie Jean.

Some other songs that comes to mind:

[YT]?v=4M0b7wcKjJo[/YT]

[YT]?v=MfKQtgOLn0A[/YT]

[YT]?v=ccenFp_3kq8[/YT]

this IS 80's pop.

though michael jackson and def leppard pwnd the 80's

Best guitar intro of any song EVA!

I have quite a few favorites but I'll list 2 for now.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears

Live to Tell- Madonna (From the At Close Range soundtrack with Christopher Walken and Sean Penn)

I'd love to embed them but I've forgotten how :icon_cry2

Tears for Fears ftw.

Didn't see this before I posted mine. You are correct on EVERY level. Tears for Fears were a a lot deeper than most 80's pop and could still provide the pop music feel to the lyrics.

Definitely my favorite 80's band.

Just Got Paid ~ Bobby Kemp

Best guitar intro of any song EVA!

I have quite a few favorites but I'll list 2 for now.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears

Live to Tell- Madonna (From the At Close Range soundtrack with Christopher Walken and Sean Penn)

I'd love to embed them but I've forgotten how :icon_cry2

yeah bro that's one of my songs when I'm feeling true blue:mad:.

Back