Greatest Pop song of the 80's is?

The Heart thread got me thinking (uh oh)

I must have listened to "these dreams" and "alone" a couple thousand times a piece in the last 25 years. yet there are others that I have listened to more! I'll ask CHL to do a pole. I mean make a poll:icon_lol:.

My top choice for pop song of the decade is Bryan Adams "Summer of 69.

2.Your love

3.Take my breath away

4. if you leave "breakfast club"

5.Take me home tonight

6. Love is a battlefield

7.Madonna's open your heart

8.Dancing in the Dark

9.Jessie's Girl

10.photograph (didn't want my man card revoked for the other 9 songs:()

Your #2 would be my #1 if i had to pick. My kids are 10 & 12. They jacked my phone one day so they could copy my 80's Playlist from my Spotify. Between Spotify and the 80's station on satellite radio they have become rather well versed in 80's pop.

Your #2 would be my #1 if i had to pick. My kids are 10 & 12. They jacked my phone one day so they could copy my 80's Playlist from my Spotify. Between Spotify and the 80's station on satellite radio they have become rather well versed in 80's pop.

Bro no BS..... I've probably listened to "Your Love" at least 100,000 times.

Bro no BS..... I've probably listened to "Your Love" at least 100,000 times.
Imagine a grown man and his wife in the front seat and 2 kids in the back seat. Tinted windows with a nice sounding stereo thumping 80's pop music. That would be this guy taking his kids to wrestling, bjj, or football practice. Yes I just admitted to all of that. No shame here.

And some may not consider it pop but the commodores "night shift" is one of my favorite 80's hits.

Me too, the guy could write a pop song.

[YT]?v=BSqwnXK7yuY[/YT]

lol dude I can finally blast shit like boy George karma chameleon, wham, Madonna's old eighties stuff super cheesy pop like Cindy Lauper's girls just want to have fun, and "time after time"

because well I have two daughters and they love my iTunes 80's pop list:icon_chee. and I can use them as an excuse for being an emotional/nostalgic fembot, if some dude catches me blasting some 80's cheese at a red light.

now when they're not with me. I put on that gangsta gangsta shit cant have fools thinking I'm soft, I've got an image you know.

Big fan of Time After Time and Take Me Home Tonight

A few others:

Living On a Prayer (this to me is probably the #1 80s song)

Jukebox Hero

Turn Me Loose

I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight

99 Luftbaloons

Say You Will

Last edited:
Remember my mom playing the SHIT out of this song when I was like 5.

lol dude I can finally blast shit like boy George karma chameleon, wham, Madonna's old eighties stuff super cheesy pop like Cindy Lauper's girls just want to have fun, and "time after time"

because well I have two daughters and they love my iTunes 80's pop list:icon_chee. and I can use them as an excuse for being an emotional/nostalgic fembot, if some dude catches me blasting some 80's cheese at a red light.

now when they're not with me. I put on that gangsta gangsta shit cant have fools thinking I'm soft, I've got an image you know.

Too late you just outed yourself on Sherdog for the whole world to see. EXPOSED!

Wham! was pretty good. Whenever this chit comes on GTA V I usually leave it on.

this IS 80's pop.

though michael jackson and def leppard pwnd the 80's

this IS 80's pop.

though michael jackson and def leppard pwnd the 80's

Ya, at this point, we are all posting our favourites from the era, but really I don't know how you can pick a definitive song from the 80's and NOT pick one of Madonna, Michael Jackson or Prince.

Remember my mom playing the SHIT out of this song when I was like 5.

Too late you just outed yourself on Sherdog for the whole world to see. EXPOSED!

Wham! was pretty good. Whenever this chit comes on GTA V I usually leave it on.

dammit just when I got comfortable sharing my emo side.... you drag me back into my ultimate badass,tatted up,mma fighting, poon slaying, gun shooting,beer swilling tough guy fasade:mad:

henceforth only dragons vs dinos, action movie vs kung fu flick threads from jack handy jr:icon_evil:mad:

Dave Grohl called it one of the greatest 80s pop song
[YT]ZZyGDiUnta4&list=RDZZyGDiUnta4[/YT]

Back