Greatest Pop song of the 80's is?

[YT]YkADj0TPrJA[/YT]

I would say Thriller or Beat it by Michael Jackson.

[YT]sOnqjkJTMaA[/YT]

[YT]oRdxUFDoQe0[/YT]

Last edited:
These 2 guys had the most fabulous hair of the era and win by default...

[YT]?v=Lp2qcCrdBLA[/YT]

second Time after Time, that song is quite frankly amazing

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean is widely considered the best song of the 80's, along with Bon Jovi's - Living on a Prayer.

The Police - Every Breathe You Take is up there too.

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean is widely considered the best song of the 80's, along with Bon Jovi's - Living on a Prayer.

The Police - Every Breathe You Take is up there too.

My vote goes with Living on a prayer - over 153 million views of that video I posted lol

Edit: thriller with over 250 mil yikes and Billie Jean with 160 mil

Still I vote for Living on a Prayer

Last edited:
Has to be Thriller

Yeah All Night Long was another popular one.

Funny, I grew up in the 80s and don't recall Thriller and Billie Jean being on the radio all the time after their initial release and run. The others in this thread seemed to pop up a lot more in movies and retro radio stations etc.

I am going to say this as MTV was the game changer. It is new wave though i guess
[YT]ZPEwluSNzgc[/YT]

It's a toss up between

[YT]upyrWwstEMY[/YT]

and

[YT]L0T3FFrHtLE[/YT]

By the way, not a single song listed by other posters is negligible. All great choices.

A big dance-pop song:

[YT]_-0sUuGufmw[/YT]

Another good one yet to be posted, which uses a billie jean bass line (and the infamous thriller laugh)

[YT]ClLEXoku3t0[/YT]

It's a toss up between

[YT]upyrWwstEMY[/YT]

and

[YT]L0T3FFrHtLE[/YT]

By the way, not a single song listed by other posters is negligible. All great choices.

Haha, that 2nd one All Day All Day . . . That was about the time of the birth of Techno them and Eurasure (sp). Good stuff.

Prince-when-doves-cry.jpg

Beat it or Billie Jean by MJ.

A few more goodies:

Heaven Is A Place On Earth

I Need You

Touch Me

Boom Boom

Back