Greatest Pop song of the 80's is?

damn bro I'm outta touch lol. I think I'm going to watch TRL and Rap city today just get get caught up on the last ten years.

Are those shows still on??? I know 106th & Park is, but they got rid of The Bassment. Not sure about Rap City. I'm certain TRL went extinct too though, but I haven't really watched Mtv since the 90's except for that library game show they had about six years back, so don't quote me on it...

Are those shows still on??? I know 106th & Park is, but they got rid of The Bassment. Not sure about Rap City. I'm certain TRL went extinct too though, but I haven't really watched Mtv since the 90's except for that library game show they had about six years back, so don't quote me on it...

yeah b, I think TRL and Rap City got the ax. I was just trying to make a funny. now had I said Soul Train, or Nia peeples "Party Machine" young cats would've been like whuh "old man Handy's been toking"

yeah b, I think TRL and Rap City got the ax. I was just trying to make a funny. now had I said Soul Train, or Nia peeples "Party Machine" young cats would've been like whuh "old man Handy's been toking"

Lolz... You could always watch 1/2 an hour of one of Mtv's "reality" shows and pick up some lingo.

Party Machine...Lolz...

Man, I fucking love the Fine Young Cannibals

[YT]2H5Se-9XAVE[/YT]

[YT]xrOek4z32Vg[/YT]

[YT]Q2aha4uEpEQ[/YT]

[YT]w7e63qRuJ_w[/YT]

[YT]TrBYsPJ0rkA[/YT]

Roland Gift was great in the Highlander series too.

everyone in this thread is now my sherdog friend whether you want to be or not.

Billie Jean

I still think 2 from the very early 80's stand out as iconic tunes of the era.

1. Toni Basil - Hey Mickey

2. Buggles - Video killed the radio star (might have been 79)

A really underrated 80s gem imo...

[YT]?v=rTRz2w83-pw[/YT]

Love this tune too, so much energy and great/hilarious video, these kids really look like their having fun ...

[YT]?v=5_msHpEa3_Y[/YT]

A few more of the best....

[YT]?v=vkWOBW7GA54[/YT]

[YT]?v=bQiGqGMT8i4[/YT]

[YT]?v=AjPau5QYtYs[/YT]

Last edited:
don't care for the 80s like I do other decades but

oh, and how people like dire straits with that horrible vocals is beyond me.

don't care for the 80s like I do other decades but

oh, and how people like dire straits with that horrible vocals is beyond me.

Choke yourself numbnuts!! (line from an 80's movie that is fitting for your obloquious

statement:icon_evil)

Beat It is the perfect 80s pop song.

The riffs are pure early 80s funk, the beats are pure 80s drum machine sounds, the keys pure 80s synth, the hooks are pure 80s pop melodies and the gat solo is pure 80s hair metal, played by none other than Eddie Van Halen himself.

And it's Michael Fucking Jackson.

Beat It IS the 80s.

wait what?!?!? I thought the "69" sex position was a relative new development like late 70's?

Looks like someone needs to research him some Kama Sutra.

Back