grappling forum LSD thread

Psychedelics are defenetly a world apart from dopamine acting drugs..that's why I told op as long as you stay away from the dark side... But if you are doing psycodelics every day (even in microdosing) then something is wrong with you and you are looking into drugs to get your life enhanced, better etc... You may just get tired of drugs all together and just stop whenever you feel things are getting out of control, or you may not...

Why? If there's no downside healthwise, what's the issue? (Hypothetically, because I'm not sure you can microdose LSD daily, as tolerance builds crazy fast).

And the whole point of doing drugs (if you're smart) is to enhance your life. It's like going skydiving or scoring a threesome. I don't need to do it, but if I have the chance, wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Last Saturday I did some LSD with the girlfriend. Instead of a gray Saturday spent inside, we spent 6 hours walking in the woods, playing in the river, marvelling at nature and laughing our asses off. We'll have memories for years, and we didn't have any aftereffects.

I wonder what the chances are of seeing weed and LSD legal in my lifetime. I'd say less than 1%

Why? If there's no downside healthwise, what's the issue? (Hypothetically, because I'm not sure you can microdose LSD daily, as tolerance builds crazy fast).

And the whole point of doing drugs (if you're smart) is to enhance your life. It's like going skydiving or scoring a threesome. I don't need to do it, but if I have the chance, wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Last Saturday I did some LSD with the girlfriend. Instead of a gray Saturday spent inside, we spent 6 hours walking in the woods, playing in the river, marvelling at nature and laughing our asses off. We'll have memories for years, and we didn't have any aftereffects.

healthwise tripping on acid does no harm as far as I know.

you think your the only dude who thought that could use drugs just to enhance life and not get drawn to the dark side? sorry to burst your buble, you werent bro.

Im not going to come here and give you an speech about how drugs are going to fuck your life up, if you think you can outsmart drugs, great, give it a try, you may, or you may not, some people can actually pull it off, some cant. I know plenty of people on both sides.

if you somehow can stay on just psycodelics, then you may be on the "safe side", if you cant, well... it may not end up very well, but I think most poeple already know that.

lots of people overdo things. drugs are an escape, but too much escaping and you start to miss out. i love Colorado but it's disconcerting seeing the people overdoing it, especially at the dispensaries. i'm glad it's available for folks regardless but it does suck when you're waiting to pick up buds with the scratch ticket crowd. i suppose it's better than smack but i still get really butthurt when the addicts wanna pass off their vice as some medical necessity.

HUGE fuckin difference between taking the edge off of chemo and being couch locked. my shitbag cornfield can't even get our slackjawed demagogues to agree on how to get CBD oil for the kids with seizures without discourse turning into some chicken little sky-is-falling game of pass-the-buck.

it's also hilarious how there's this stigma towards addiction for 'hard drugs', when addiction problems are addiction problems. Alcoholism is an addiction problem. Obesity is an addiction problem. Wealth is an addiction problem. Attention is an addiction problem.

But, see, people've cornered the market on certain vices, so we have tiers of acceptability for said vices.

Overnight stocker goes home and smokes a joint? Underachiever with a drug problem.
Cop goes home and throws a few back after a shift? Hero coping with the day.
Soccer mom subsists on walnuts and kale so she looks as good as the younger girls in Yoga class? #thinspiration

it's also hilarious how there's this stigma towards addiction for 'hard drugs', when addiction problems are addiction problems. Alcoholism is an addiction problem. Obesity is an addiction problem. Wealth is an addiction problem. Attention is an addiction problem.

But, see, people've cornered the market on certain vices, so we have tiers of acceptability for said vices.

Overnight stocker goes home and smokes a joint? Underachiever with a drug problem.
Cop goes home and throws a few back after a shift? Hero coping with the day.
Soccer mom subsists on walnuts and kale so she looks as good as the younger girls in Yoga class? #thinspiration

but some drugs are harder to quit than others, I believe its related to the ammount of pleasure the brain gets from each, and it also has to do with the personality of the user.

Tell Syd Barrett there's no downside to LSD. It's a very powerful drug man, I just can't believe there are no ill effects on your brain if you used it regularly. For me it's, at best, something I can only even think about once every couple of years. How old are you?

Mushrooms are actually the psychedelic that haven't found any big long term side effects for, not LSD. I graduated college and can no longer access the source on that one >.>.

And RJ's view or society's views of addictions is very new-school enlightened but doesn't have much grounding in public health or science. An opioid addiction is exponentially harder to kick for 99% of people than a cannabis addiction. Healthy living doesn't really indicate addiction. At extremes, maybe an eating disorder.

And to the poster saying they won't live to see cannabis legalized, you will if you're not pretty old. It's gonna happen. The tide is just too strong at this point, it's just a matter of time, whether that's a good thing or not. Even if research starts stacking up pointing to long term consequences after it's rescheduled there will always be the argument that alcoholism and tobacco are probably worse.

healthwise tripping on acid does no harm as far as I know.

you think your the only dude who thought that could use drugs just to enhance life and not get drawn to the dark side? sorry to burst your buble, you werent bro.

Im not going to come here and give you an speech about how drugs are going to fuck your life up, if you think you can outsmart drugs, great, give it a try, you may, or you may not, some people can actually pull it off, some cant. I know plenty of people on both sides.

if you somehow can stay on just psycodelics, then you may be on the "safe side", if you cant, well... it may not end up very well, but I think most poeple already know that.

I can get away with it, yes. By pretty much all metrics psychedelics are safer than alcohol, yet no one bats an eye if I say I think I can get away with having a few drinks once in a while without it ruining my life. Why? Two reasons. 1. Alcohol is everywhere, and has been accepted in the collective psyche as "ok". It's ok to drink on Christmas/New Year's Eve/birthdays/weekends/any occasion ever. And 2. "Drugs" (loose term here, since coffee and alcohol are drugs, but not for most people) have been demonized, and most people have a strong emotional reaction against them. They'll feel bad discussing the subject, and then rationalize things around that bad feeling.

I barely drink alcohol, I don't like weed, I don't eat processed sugar except the occasional spoonful of honey, I'm not retarded enough to touch opioids, and I'm too broke for coke (kidding, I just know I'd hate the down). My life is full of projects and caring people and I have very good self-discipline. All signs pointing to being able to dabble in some psychedelics, the safest and less addictive class of drugs out there, a few times a year without harming myself any more than most people who enjoy their evening glass of wine. Microdosing LSD I'd be interested in like I once considered drinking coffee or tea regularly, or raising bugs to eat them ( :D ). It'd be an interesting experiment nothing more.

Tell Syd Barrett there's no downside to LSD. It's a very powerful drug man, I just can't believe there are no ill effects on your brain if you used it regularly. For me it's, at best, something I can only even think about once every couple of years. How old are you?

29, going on 30. Did shrooms for the first time at 25, LSD at 28.

I might be mistaken, but I believe your reaction here isn't driven by rational motives, unless you'd be giving me the same one if I was talking about alcohol. "You're drinking beer? Tell the millions of alcoholics in the world (famous or not) there's no downside to beer. It's a very powerful drug man, I just can't believe there are no ill effects on your brain if you used it regularly. For me it's, at best, something I can only even think about once every couple of years." It looks silly, but like I stated above, by pretty much all metrics alcohol is worse for you than LSD.

I can get away with it, yes. By pretty much all metrics psychedelics are safer than alcohol, yet no one bats an eye if I say I think I can get away with having a few drinks once in a while without it ruining my life. Why? Two reasons. 1. Alcohol is everywhere, and has been accepted in the collective psyche as "ok". It's ok to drink on Christmas/New Year's Eve/birthdays/weekends/any occasion ever. And 2. "Drugs" (loose term here, since coffee and alcohol are drugs, but not for most people) have been demonized, and most people have a strong emotional reaction against them. They'll feel bad discussing the subject, and then rationalize things around that bad feeling.

I barely drink alcohol, I don't like weed, I don't eat processed sugar except the occasional spoonful of honey, I'm not retarded enough to touch opioids, and I'm too broke for coke (kidding, I just know I'd hate the down). My life is full of projects and caring people and I have very good self-discipline. All signs pointing to being able to dabble in some psychedelics, the safest and less addictive class of drugs out there, a few times a year without harming myself any more than most people who enjoy their evening glass of wine. Microdosing LSD I'd be interested in like I once considered drinking coffee or tea regularly, or raising bugs to eat them ( :D ). It'd be an interesting experiment nothing more.

29, going on 30. Did shrooms for the first time at 25, LSD at 28.

I might be mistaken, but I believe your reaction here isn't driven by rational motives, unless you'd be giving me the same one if I was talking about alcohol. "You're drinking beer? Tell the millions of alcoholics in the world (famous or not) there's no downside to beer. It's a very powerful drug man, I just can't believe there are no ill effects on your brain if you used it regularly. For me it's, at best, something I can only even think about once every couple of years." It looks silly, but like I stated above, by pretty much all metrics alcohol is worse for you than LSD.

like I said, if you can, no problem.

An alcoholic person is a waste of a human being, it cares nothing but to get its fix, ends up loosing everything, family job love ones everything, but when in that stage, doesn't give 2 fucks but to continue drinking, worst thing is, many times, doesn't even know its an alcoholic person.

Just a quick reference, stay the fuck away from coke, that is the starting point of the dark side, and your wrong if you think you wont like it, there is absolutely no possible way a human being will not enjoy a good quality line of coke, many people get hooked quite fast, and its not because they got physically addicted to it. Like everything, theres people who can get away using coke recreationally once in a while, theres people who cant, and its the starting path to the destruction of their life...Obviously meth and opiods are out of the question.

An alcoholic person is a waste of a human being, it cares nothing but to get its fix, ends up loosing everything, family job love ones everything, but when in that stage, doesn't give 2 fucks but to continue drinking, worst thing is, many times, doesn't even know its an alcoholic person.

Just a quick reference, stay the fuck away from coke, that is the starting point of the dark side, and your wrong if you think you wont like it, there is absolutely no possible way a human being will not enjoy a good quality line of coke, many people get hooked quite fast, and its not because they got physically addicted to it. Like everything, theres people who can get away using coke recreationally once in a while, theres people who cant, and its the starting path to the destruction of their life...Obviously meth and opiods are out of the question.

There are plenty of functional alcoholics. Coke, benzos, and painkillers are all pretty awesome by the way. You must be a blast at a party

There are plenty of functional alcoholics. Coke, benzos, and painkillers are all pretty awesome by the way. You must be a blast at a party

yes I was a blast at parties, 10 years ago.

You do not know what a real alcoholic is if you think you can be a functional alcoholic, drinking every day while you are a young kid is one thing, getting wasted every single day while being an adult is another, and if you are a kid and think you can do it for all your life (yeah im quite sure you are a kid), big news, after a certain age, getting wasted isnt funny anymore.

Coke, benzos for the come down and pain killers are all fun and stuff, till it stops being fun.

Coke, benzos for the come down and pain killers are all fun and stuff, till it stops being fun.[/QUOTE]

Agree most drugs are all fun until they are not anymore

the thing ( at least my feeling) with LSD and psychedelics in general is that while you can meet people have amazing nights ( and mornings) & feel "connected" with people you don't know.. but would not recognize them if you would met them randomly in the streets a few month later and barely have memories ( just flash) of these parties. after a few years

Just a quick reference, stay the fuck away from alcohol, that is the starting point of the dark side, and your wrong if you think you wont like it, there is absolutely no possible way a human being will not enjoy a good quality cocktail, many people get hooked quite fast, and its not because they got physically addicted to it. Like everything, theres people who can get away using alcohol recreationally once in a while, theres people who cant, and its the starting path to the destruction of their life...Obviously meth and opiods are out of the question.

FTFY <3

The whole point of my post was its silly how we try to stigmatize 'hard' drugs based on their proposed effects on society, invoking either public health or the crime use/trafficking of the drug, plus, you know, how fair the US legal system is when it comes to racial parity.

Then there's this

20101106_WOC504_0.gif

But why do people do drugs? Why do people in America get so fat?

Economic immobility and american exceptionalism.

See, nobody's good enough. The Joneses are better than you. Always have been. Our society is not a positive one. We've been taught that failures get tossed aside, that winners get ahead because they work harder, and that 'freedom' means everyone's an island unto themselves.

America's drug problem and eating problems are a direct result of America's image problem. There are a whole lot of folks with nothing better to do. Dying of methamphetamine or heroin or alcohol or food abuse is better than having to deal with rural life. Or urban life. Or life in general.

Drugs and Food release dopamine. Dopamine makes you feel good.

People, Americans in particular, will become addicted to feeling good. Why? Because we're miserable.

Some folks are more responsible for their addictions than others, but we're all responsible for a society that marginalizes people towards drug addiction. Seclusion really. I don't see much difference between the lady who puts down 5000 calories from her couch, the dude bangin' heroin under a bridge, or the kid who spends after school and most weekends on his computer.

They're all trying to escape, and they cant, so they placate the existence they feel forced into with substances.

See, with capitalism, solutions to anyone's problems can be purchased. That's the American way: nothing's impossible when there's money to be made.

It's why the punishment industry was privatized. It's why mental care is so hard to access and afford for folks who need it. The human condition is second to profit.

Look at gas stations - there's your ultimate vice peddler right there. Bigger drug dealer in America. What do gas stations/'convenience stores' sell? All the vices an american needs:

- Cigarettes
- Alcohol
- Coffee
- Fried Food
- Candy
- Scratch Tickets
- Gasoline

At high margins, in typically economically blighted areas.

There's no Whole Foods in the ghettos here. No Trader Joes, no Crossfit, not even a grocery store.

But there are a dozen convenience stores, and they all accept food stamps. Nothing says 'we care' like letting the government buy the sugar you've marked up 300%

'Oh but that woman should get a job and learn how to cook a meal and not have as many children.'

And I think this is the worst ^ People don't realize how much different lives can be in just a few zip codes. I spent the last three years of my life living in a ghetto surrounding a law school, complete with decrepit houses, unemployment and homelessness, I saw a kid get profiled by a patrol beat for the crime of walking on the sidewalk at 9 at night.

"Where's your ID?"
'Man I ain't got no ID'
"Why not?"
'I'm 12'
"Why are you walking around at night?"
'My momma too sick to make dinner so I was walkin to Jimmy John's'

And yeah, now I live ten miles away in the largest retail corridor in the state. The average home here is 330-500k, all of which would be at least a million if on the coasts or anywhere worth living. There isn't a cigarette butt or piece of trash on the ground because someone's paid to clean and most people don't walk. I live in an apartment building above a spa, chiropractor, dietitian, yoga gym, and aspen fitness. All the women under 50 drive big black premium SUVs and dye their Kate Gosselin haircut bottle blonde. There's a goddamn pet bakery that's been a viable business for ten years. There are cupcake botiques. The only minorities in the area are those doing maintenance. There's a literal football stadium and two of the three best school districts in the state are within 5 miles.

Ten fucking miles and it's a different universe. Those people who lived in that ghetto might as well be on the fucking moon. And they're just left there to rot. Like people chose to be born there. Like people deserve poverty. Deserve incarceration. Like drug addiction *deserves* to be a death sentence.

Our impulse problems are a reflection of our society.

FTFY <3

The whole point of my post was its silly how we try to stigmatize 'hard' drugs based on their proposed effects on society, invoking either public health or the crime use/trafficking of the drug, plus, you know, how fair the US legal system is when it comes to racial parity.

Then there's this

20101106_WOC504_0.gif

But why do people do drugs? Why do people in America get so fat?

Economic immobility and american exceptionalism.

See, nobody's good enough. The Joneses are better than you. Always have been. Our society is not a positive one. We've been taught that failures get tossed aside, that winners get ahead because they work harder, and that 'freedom' means everyone's an island unto themselves.

America's drug problem and eating problems are a direct result of America's image problem. There are a whole lot of folks with nothing better to do. Dying of methamphetamine or heroin or alcohol or food abuse is better than having to deal with rural life. Or urban life. Or life in general.

Drugs and Food release dopamine. Dopamine makes you feel good.

People, Americans in particular, will become addicted to feeling good. Why? Because we're miserable.

Some folks are more responsible for their addictions than others, but we're all responsible for a society that marginalizes people towards drug addiction. Seclusion really. I don't see much difference between the lady who puts down 5000 calories from her couch, the dude bangin' heroin under a bridge, or the kid who spends after school and most weekends on his computer.

They're all trying to escape, and they cant, so they placate the existence they feel forced into with substances.

See, with capitalism, solutions to anyone's problems can be purchased. That's the American way: nothing's impossible when there's money to be made.

It's why the punishment industry was privatized. It's why mental care is so hard to access and afford for folks who need it. The human condition is second to profit.

Look at gas stations - there's your ultimate vice peddler right there. Bigger drug dealer in America. What do gas stations/'convenience stores' sell? All the vices an american needs:

- Cigarettes
- Alcohol
- Coffee
- Fried Food
- Candy
- Scratch Tickets
- Gasoline

At high margins, in typically economically blighted areas.

There's no Whole Foods in the ghettos here. No Trader Joes, no Crossfit, not even a grocery store.

But there are a dozen convenience stores, and they all accept food stamps. Nothing says 'we care' like letting the government buy the sugar you've marked up 300%

'Oh but that woman should get a job and learn how to cook a meal and not have as many children.'

And I think this is the worst ^ People don't realize how much different lives can be in just a few zip codes. I spent the last three years of my life living in a ghetto surrounding a law school, complete with decrepit houses, unemployment and homelessness, I saw a kid get profiled by a patrol beat for the crime of walking on the sidewalk at 9 at night.

"Where's your ID?"
'Man I ain't got no ID'
"Why not?"
'I'm 12'
"Why are you walking around at night?"
'My momma too sick to make dinner so I was walkin to Jimmy John's'

And yeah, now I live ten miles away in the largest retail corridor in the state. The average home here is 330-500k, all of which would be at least a million if on the coasts or anywhere worth living. There isn't a cigarette butt or piece of trash on the ground because someone's paid to clean and most people don't walk. I live in an apartment building above a spa, chiropractor, dietitian, yoga gym, and aspen fitness. All the women under 50 drive big black premium SUVs and dye their Kate Gosselin haircut bottle blonde. There's a goddamn pet bakery that's been a viable business for ten years. There are cupcake botiques. The only minorities in the area are those doing maintenance. There's a literal football stadium and two of the three best school districts in the state are within 5 miles.

Ten fucking miles and it's a different universe. Those people who lived in that ghetto might as well be on the fucking moon. And they're just left there to rot. Like people chose to be born there. Like people deserve poverty. Deserve incarceration. Like drug addiction *deserves* to be a death sentence.

Our impulse problems are a reflection of our society.

im not american, but what I recon that you can get addicted to many things, and for each person, his addiction is the worst. People get addicted to food, sex, drugs, gambling etc.

but.... it is not the same thing, while I agree that being an alcoholic is a horrible thing, and just as bad as being a junkie, a line of coke is not the same thing as a few glass of drinks. The human behavior is just not the same, I dont know how much you have dabble with drugs, but im telling you from my own experience, is not, not even close.

Now, once you are a full on alcoholic, its the same hell as being a full on junkie, might be even worst, because you can get alcohol every single fucking place you look at.

I said I wouldn't enjoy the down. Of course I'd enjoy coke :p

Relevant:

55902287.jpg

Yeah, cocaine should be called 'more'. I can absolutely understand how people become addicted to feeling that great. To me it felt like winning. Not the Trump kind of winning, but like the 'life's accomplishment/stadium crowd' kind of winning. Every little bump.

It makes so much sense to me why so many athletes blow their post-career fortunes on feel-good drugs, it's the only way they can experience those same feelings. Well, that and the chronic pain.

does everyon in Eddie Bravo's gym roll while tripping ?

giphy.gif

http://www.drugandalcoholdependence.com/article/S0376-8716(16)30223-X/abstract

Sex-dependent effects of cannabis-induced analgesia
Cooper, Ziva D. et al.

"These results indicate that in cannabis smokers, men exhibit greater cannabis-induced analgesia relative to women. These sex-dependent differences are independent of cannabis-elicited subjective effects associated with abuse-liability, which were consistent between men and women. As such, sex-dependent differences in cannabis’s analgesic effects are an important consideration that warrants further investigation when considering the potential therapeutic effects of cannabinoids for pain relief."

Back