grappling forum LSD thread

Yeah, cocaine should be called 'more'. I can absolutely understand how people become addicted to feeling that great. To me it felt like winning. Not the Trump kind of winning, but like the 'life's accomplishment/stadium crowd' kind of winning. Every little bump.

It makes so much sense to me why so many athletes blow their post-career fortunes on feel-good drugs, it's the only way they can experience those same feelings. Well, that and the chronic pain.

The real problem with cocaine is that most of what you find is barely cocaine. It's usually heavily cut with baby laxatives and things like that, and I increasingly read how you might be getting a bovine de-worming agent and not cocaine at all. By contrast, a few years ago some friends and I bought cocaine from a dealer who excitedly told me beforehand that he happened to have gotten some "good good stuff" that we could get by paying $40 more for the 8-ball. We reluctantly agreed, and I was very glad we did because it was amazing! After the initial night we bought it for, I kept the remainder for about a month and fondly recall experiences like taking a small bump and going on epic bike rides across town. Every other time I've done that drug before or since it's been mostly a bummer of an experience, and I will probably never ever do it again.

Last edited:
29, going on 30. Did shrooms for the first time at 25, LSD at 28.

I might be mistaken, but I believe your reaction here isn't driven by rational motives, unless you'd be giving me the same one if I was talking about alcohol. "You're drinking beer? Tell the millions of alcoholics in the world (famous or not) there's no downside to beer. It's a very powerful drug man, I just can't believe there are no ill effects on your brain if you used it regularly. For me it's, at best, something I can only even think about once every couple of years." It looks silly, but like I stated above, by pretty much all metrics alcohol is worse for you than LSD.

I would not recommend regular alcohol use either, and one of the things I'm most grateful about with BJJ is that it's led me to stop drinking entirely. However, you can't just dismiss a legitimate risk about the powerful effects of LSD on the brain by saying that alcohol is bad also. I live in Northern California and the concept of an "acid casualty" is a real thing.

it's also hilarious how there's this stigma towards addiction for 'hard drugs', when addiction problems are addiction problems. Alcoholism is an addiction problem. Obesity is an addiction problem. Wealth is an addiction problem. Attention is an addiction problem.

90% of ppl who do hard drugs dont get addicted.

The real problem with cocaine is that most of what you find is barely cocaine. It's usually heavily cut with baby laxatives and things like that, and I increasingly read how you might be getting a bovine de-worming agent and not cocaine at all. By contrast, a few years ago some friends and I bought cocaine from a dealer who excitedly told me beforehand that he happened to have gotten some "good good stuff" that we could get by paying $40 more for the 8-ball. We reluctantly agreed, and I was very glad we did because it was amazing! After the initial night we bought it for, I kept the remainder for about a month and fondly recall experiences like taking a small bump and going on epic bike rides across town. Every other time I've done that drug before or since it's been mostly a bummer of an experience, and I will probably never ever do it again.

no that's not the problem, the problem is cocaine, thats a bs junkie excuse (bad cut, Im not saying you are a junkie, just the excuse is quite commun ammong ones). I live in the middle of southamerica, right by bolivia, you can get pretty damn good shit, your brain remembers that damn good high, it doesnt remember a sucky high.

Last edited:
90% of ppl who do hard drugs dont get addicted.

mmmm, I dont know about that and depends what you call hard drugs.

MDMA, LSD and shrooms are considered hard drugs, those type of drugs arent prone to addiction, but you can get hooked mentally, and get into the whole drug world, which leads the path to stronger type of drugs, like coke, crack and meth, there still a very high % that can do these drugs recreationally, but a very very very high % of users of these type of drugs end up hooked, pretty badly. Opiods are even worst.

no it is not the problem, the problem is cocaine, that is bs junkie excuse (bad cut). I live in the middle of southamerica, righ by bolivia, you can get pretty damn good shit, your brain remembers that damn good high, it doesnt remember sucky high.
It's much much harder to get quality stuff in the US is his point I think

meth cornered the market. why pay 60 bucks for an hour of fun when 30 will give you daaaaaayyyyys? you didn't know a trailer could be so clean.

I don't blame em either. poor people/people in the US are taught to light your life with what you lack, and that everyone deserves their station. getting high is the only way to feel good, see also: celebrities.

attention is our new addiction. social media is the drug.

it really is amazing to disengage from horror show news and gossip media. I don't understand the collective fascination.

spose it's easier to mine for shit than diamonds...

meth cornered the market. why pay 60 bucks for an hour of fun when 30 will give you daaaaaayyyyys? you didn't know a trailer could be so clean.

I don't blame em either. poor people/people in the US are taught to light your life with what you lack, and that everyone deserves their station. getting high is the only way to feel good, see also: celebrities.

attention is our new addiction. social media is the drug.

it really is amazing to disengage from horror show news and gossip media. I don't understand the collective fascination.

spose it's easier to mine for shit than diamonds...

lmfao...

We dont have a meth problem down here, we have a crack problem now, but yeah, meth has probably replaced the cocaine market.

Last edited:

I know, but if you are getting low quality cocaine cut with whatever crap there is around, you are not going to have a good time, thus your brain inst going to be flooded with dopamine.

The bad cut is a healthwise problem in the moment you take, you dont know what type of crap you are getting into your body, even stuff it could harm the consumer, but the real problem with drugs is the psychological addiction, its incredible how well the brain remembers what it gives it pleasure. You are not getting that from coke badly cut.

If in 1g you get 950 mg of baby laxative and 50 mg of some type of white dust and 0% cocaine in it, Im quite sure no matter how much you take, you are not getting hooked to baby laxatives.

100% of un-cited internet statistics are horseshit

feel free to not believe but i am, infact, educated on the subject.

you can fear monger all you want but coke addicts are the same as alcohol addicts. few and far between. the vast majority of ppl can do coke or w/e drug recreationally and not become addicted.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-an...e-drugs-here-s-why-most-don-t-become-addicts/

http://www.madinamerica.com/2015/01/people-use-drugs-dont-become-addicts-thats-important/

you can blame the drug or you can go for the root of the problem.

According to the latest National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 14.5% of Americans ages 12 and older have tried cocaine at least once, but just 1.8% report using the drug recreationally in the past year. And just 0.6% have used it in the past 30 days, which would seem to be the minimal definition of a casual user.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/11/21/trey-radel-scandal-whats-so-bad-about-casual-drug-use/

The same pattern is true for heroin, which is typically talked about as magically addictive. Fear of the drug is surely one of the reasons why just 1.8% of Americans have ever tried it at all. But only 0.3% report using it in the past year and just 0.1% in the past month. That pattern simply shouldn’t be possible if these drugs were as addictive as commonly thought.

you are the one who has been fed and believed horseshit for most of your life.

Last edited:
feel free to not believe but i am, infact, educated on the subject.

you can fear monger all you want but coke addicts are the same as alcohol addicts. few and far between. the vast majority of ppl can do coke or w/e drug recreationally and not become addicted.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-an...e-drugs-here-s-why-most-don-t-become-addicts/

http://www.madinamerica.com/2015/01/people-use-drugs-dont-become-addicts-thats-important/

you can blame the drug or you can go for the root of the problem.

According to the latest National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 14.5% of Americans ages 12 and older have tried cocaine at least once, but just 1.8% report using the drug recreationally in the past year. And just 0.6% have used it in the past 30 days, which would seem to be the minimal definition of a casual user.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/11/21/trey-radel-scandal-whats-so-bad-about-casual-drug-use/

The same pattern is true for heroin, which is typically talked about as magically addictive. Fear of the drug is surely one of the reasons why just 1.8% of Americans have ever tried it at all. But only 0.3% report using it in the past year and just 0.1% in the past month. That pattern simply shouldn’t be possible if these drugs were as addictive as commonly thought.

Those numbers do not tell the hole story, plus rely on people actually reporting the use, well I would go and take a wild guess that lots of them simple lie.

Anyways, yes lots of people can get around.using stuff recreationally, some can't, and if you can't, you don't want to be in that person.

May be there's a genetical factor on why some people get hooked and some don't...

Much of the time, 90% of people who go to war don't die.

perfect analogy considering the "War On Drugs" has destroyed more lives than addiction ever could. Lets go to war with the most vulnerable in our society who succumb to addiction.

It has worked great, so far. America is virtually drug free.

Those numbers do not tell the hole story, plus rely on people actually reporting the use, well I would go and take a wild guess that lots of them simple lie.

Anyways, yes lots of people can get around.using stuff recreationally, some can't, and if you can't, you don't want to be in that person.

May be there's a genetical factor on why some people get hooked and some don't...

yes, dont let facts get in the way of your opinion.

most ppl who cant have a variety of reasons. we could go deeper if you truly want to understand?? I could send you to the best books on the subject possible.

To save time, the main reason is childhood/early adulthood trauma. Drugs are not the earthquake that destroy most liveS (of course in some cases they are but not in the majority) they are the aftershocks of trauma and a means to escape it.

yes, dont let facts get in the way of your opinion.

most ppl who cant have a variety of reasons. we could go deeper if you truly want to understand?? I could send you to the best books on the subject possible.

To save time, the main reason is childhood/early adulthood trauma. Drugs are not the earthquake that destroy most liveS (of course in some cases they are but not in the majority) they are the aftershocks of trauma and a means to escape it.

Dude, I have no child trauma nor other type of trauma, coke fucked me up for a while, it fucked up lots of friends lost some known people... You can't possible tell m what is it like or not, because I lived it, have you?

I just happened to enjoy drugs too much... Like I told you some can manage some can't, I'm sure the majority of people do manage to do ok...

the frequency of use really doesn't matter, you know what's the difference between an alcoholic and someone who's not? An alcoholic cannot possible drink in moderation, By definition an alcoholic is a person who smells alcohol and can't stop drinking till he's totally wasted. It doesn't matter if it's every 2 days 1 month or 1 year

nobody wants to do *just a bit* of cocaine.

not saying everyone who tries Coke is an addict, but people who do cocaine on the regular are miserable fucking people.

Why exactly is that pattern not possible again?

The same government sources you have been citing claim an estimated heroin addiction rate of 23% of users. Let's take that as the addiction rate that is commonly thought. Keep in mind that Russian Roulette is about 17% so this a pretty scary rate for messing around with a drug.
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/heroin

The same government sources say 1.8% have tried it. 23% of that is about 0.4%. And you think the missing 0.1% or so that have used recently is proof that the addiction rate simply can't be possible?

Did you ever consider that maybe the missing 0.1% or so comprise of the addicts who hit rock bottom, nearly died, went to treatment, got clean, and now have to live the rest of their lives with that monkey on their back? Because I personally know about half a dozen friends who went like that. I know about another half dozen who weren't so lucky and died too. I guess they aren't counted in those statistics anymore since they aren't alive to answer surveys.

I'm all for science here but just saying "shouldn't be possible" to the scientifically established heroin addiction rate because you're missing about 0.1% of self reported users has got to be some of the craziest shit I've ever heard.

Did you ever consider that maybe the missing 0.1% or so comprise of the addicts who hit rock bottom, nearly died, went to treatment, got clean, and now have to live the rest of their lives with that monkey on their back? Because I personally know about half a dozen friends who went like that. I know about another half dozen who weren't so lucky and died too. I guess they aren't counted in those statistics anymore since they aren't alive to answer surveys.

ahh, personal anecdotes. the best of arguments. or the "i dont believe those stats".

cant really go anywhere from here with that, can i??

you could check the stats in Norway, Denmark, Portugal on heroin and i bet you would find fault in them, too?? the fact when its legal that addiction is way down, crime is way down, overdoses are way down, drug related violence/death is way down etc etc. The most dangerous thing about those drugs are that they are illegal and you can be killed/arrested getting them, selling them or just being around them. Then your life is really fucked. Nice criminal record, no job, no public housing assistance or w/e other ridic cruel punishments we give to the most vulnerable ppl in our society.

yes, some ppl do fall between the cracks, get heavily addicted and die. this is true. no denying that. some ppl also get heavily addicted to shitty food and die. we dont put them in jail for that tho. Some ppl get addicted to sex or shopping or an insane amount of other things. it usually comes down the same thing, some type of genetic predeposition or trauma/mental health issue that leads them there.

Do you ever think when you see very obese ppl who care clearly eating themselves to death slowly that they arent that much different from a drug addict?? they are the vast minority and it is usually a mental issue that brought them that far, not just because they cant resist mcdonalds and the 1st taste of junk food sent them spiraling over the edge.

Last edited:
Back