grappling forum LSD thread

At first I was excited to see the title, and then I thought 'no, this thread will be about long slow distance training'. And then I opened it and was happy again.

Tripping is not something I've done very much of (I figured out pretty fast that I have too much propensity to mental illness to play around with my brain in that way), but when I have it was definitely consciousness altering and something that stuck with me. Shrooms only, never wanted to try LSD based on friends' descriptions (too harsh). I don't know how you could possibly grapple while tripping. That sounds awful, actually.

Making sure that I never talk like this is my #1 reason for not doing psychedelics.

If you ever do try them you'll realize he's not being dramatic, that's really the effect they have. Pretty matter of fact, actually.

giphy.gif

The first time I did LSD it was 11 hours before the final inspection on the first place I rented after moving out. We did around 30 minutes of cleaning and then like responsible 18 year olds decided we should party. I got mildly drunk then decided to take one of the tabs I had been saving for New Years Eve. Later on in the night my drunk friends set a mattress on fire in the middle of the lounge and I walked in to a room with it having shoulder high flames. My friend tried to pick it up and there must have been an air pocket and his face was engulfed by a fireball... good times.

If anyone needs tips on removing scorch marks from carpet after tripping all night, i'm your guy.

At first I was excited to see the title, and then I thought 'no, this thread will be about long slow distance training'. And then I opened it and was happy again.

Tripping is not something I've done very much of (I figured out pretty fast that I have too much propensity to mental illness to play around with my brain in that way), but when I have it was definitely consciousness altering and something that stuck with me. Shrooms only, never wanted to try LSD based on friends' descriptions (too harsh). I don't know how you could possibly grapple while tripping. That sounds awful, actually.

LSD is a much better drug than mushrooms in my opinion. Shrooms tend to give you a harsher, more cerebral trip, whereas LSD is more classically psychedelic, and the trip can be controlled much easier. With LSD you can still do something resembling normal activity (for example, I once went to a museum on LSD and had a great experience), whereas with mushrooms you'll need to get lost.

I'd probably micro-dose LSD a few times a week if I could get my hands on a cheap reliable source. It not being legal yet is the proof most people are probably retarded. You have a great day, you don't get hungover, and you feel like you connect deeply with everyone around you and should not worry so much about what you can't control. Last time I did LSD I spent the day outside playing in the snow and climbing trees with a bunch of friends.

LSD is a much better drug than mushrooms in my opinion. Shrooms tend to give you a harsher, more cerebral trip, whereas LSD is more classically psychedelic, and the trip can be controlled much easier. With LSD you can still do something resembling normal activity (for example, I once went to a museum on LSD and had a great experience), whereas with mushrooms you'll need to get lost.

Mushrooms take you where they feel like you should go. Better hold on to your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.

First time I took some (age 25) I went to my parents and told them they had to do some before they died. They asked me to get some for them, but never got to it. Chokers :D

Lsd is fun, I've done it 10+ times. I think I watched Marcelo's 2010 dvd instructional 3 times on 3 different trips and it made bjj make sense to me. Not that I'm good or anything (still crappy blue belt), but I was able to make sense of what I should be doing instead of thinking. In the dvd Marcelo teaches a move, then he shows it in action, and it's the in action part that made the light bulb turn on. Alot of the moves he was pulling off was just 'right there' while his opponents were seemingly over complicating things with their own movements or trying to 'jiu jitsu' too much.

I realize the opponents were probably just regular joes during the in action parts, but it was fascinating to watch on Lsd.

I also use to skateboard when I was a teenager, 31 now, just like bjj I sucked mainly doing flat land tricks in parking lots, but watching technical guys like Chris Cole do standard flip tricks on youtube made the light bulb turn on. I went out into my driveway and did like 10 ollies in a row concentrating on balance and keeping myself over the board, then 10 kickflips, then some pop shove its, then some varial flips, then I landed like 5-8 tre flips. I landed like 2 tre flips ever as a teenager, and here I am at 31 on a hit of Lsd landing 5-8 after not skating regularly since I was 17. I also credit bjj drilling to this achievement because of the methodical breakdown of mechanics and technique of the tricks.

“Once you understand the way broadly, you can see it in all things." -Miyamoto Musashi

As far as hallucinations go, I didn't get much visuals. It would look like my surrounding was 'breathing', but not what my eyes was focused on, the peripherals. I've watch a few movies on lsd and sometimes the images on the screen started looking like a moving blurry oil painting. So, lsd would alter my perception but it never manifested anything that wasn't actually there.

Stretching feels great on lsd.

A neat thing about Lsd is that you may experience "waking up." As if you realize you are not just your body and the sum of your social roles but that you are something else, a spirit/soul trapped in a meat puppet. A very fascinating experience, in the moment I thought I was experiencing some form of psychosis but eventually you return to normal. However, I can never go back to being 'asleep' I think about the feeling of the experience of the 'waking' moment quite a bit when I'm alone with my thoughts. I believe that's what people are talking about when they say in jest, "stay woke."

Fun stuff, enjoy the trip, or I hope you enjoyed your trip.

If you want to blow your mind read Jesus's words from the gospels on lsd, you'll realize most of the time he is speaking about living in the spirit and that's why his peeps in his crew were always confused by the stuff he was saying. haha. I've ranted my crazy enough.

TLDR; lsd gives you powers, lol.

Mushrooms take you where they feel like you should go. Better hold on to your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.

First time I took some (age 25) I went to my parents and told them they had to do some before they died. They asked me to get some for them, but never got to it. Chokers :D

Yeah, the only scary trip I ever had was on shrooms. There were great parts, but I did a little too much and definitely lost my shit a bit.

i feel like the "WHEEEEE!!!" to "OH MY GOD I'M DYING" threshold is much larger for LSD than mushrooms.

if anyone would ever like to find out where their line on too much is, i think salvia is still legal? tried it a few times my freshman year of college after lots of reading, still wasn't quite ready. holy shit.

i feel like the "WHEEEEE!!!" to "OH MY GOD I'M DYING" threshold is much larger for LSD than mushrooms.

if anyone would ever like to find out where their line on too much is, i think salvia is still legal? tried it a few times my freshman year of college after lots of reading, still wasn't quite ready. holy shit.

Salvia is fucking evil. It's legal here, and I tried some with a few friends. We had no idea what dose to take and I took a pretty big hit of it. Semi-passed out for 45 minutes, felt like my existence dissolved into nothingness and me being alive had been a prank played on me by everyone else. I'm never touching that again.

LSD seems like the only psychedelic I would ever be remotely interested in trying.

This thread is a lot of fun :)

For a microsecond it made me consider taking a chemical that could scramble my brain.

Salvia is fucking evil. It's legal here, and I tried some with a few friends. We had no idea what dose to take and I took a pretty big hit of it. Semi-passed out for 45 minutes, felt like my existence dissolved into nothingness and me being alive had been a prank played on me by everyone else. I'm never touching that again.

I got the 30x extract and used butane. I wanted to go to the moon. I remember feeling my knees buckle and needing to sit down on the couch, but that I sat too far back and fell into reality, which reverted back from 3D hologram to a 2D plane that folded itself again into the singular dimension represented to me by a wispy, smoky, churning line I assumed to be spacetime. As I moved forward along the line I visited the singularity of the future, the nexus of all existence, where I met the souls of everyone and noone. all of consciousness merged into a single voice that had become my conscience and internal monologue. it was quite angry that I'd been skipping chemistry lecture to fuck around in the library. i was then brought back to our 3D reality, but only to see the legs on our Lowe's loft beds turn to rubber and seeing for the first time (and certainly not the last) how we're just all hairless monkeys lit by bouncing photons borrowed from the darkness. i wondered about the totality of my roommate's existence, how we'd shared the same time and patch of space our entire lives, if we were just the same beings re-living the same shared experience over and over.

then i went to the dorm bathroom and took a MASSIVE dump while talking to God about my Chemistry grades and general lack of effort.

so yeah, RJ doesn't grapple on psychadelics.

Last edited:
also, when I showed up to ijustwannasurf's in Denver I'd spent the last two days above 8000 feet, including some mining towns up at 10,000, and even fuckin' Idaho springs is like 7500 but doesn't feel like death because you're not gasping because you're relatively acclimated, right? And at this point my THC levels have been at what i'm assuming is maximum saturation thanks to a steady diet of edibles and $5 sour diesel gram cones because let's make heaven better and my stoned ass decides I'd better eat a BIG ol lunch so I've got enough fuel for practice at 6:00.

Yeah, you know what the elevation is in Des Moines? 955 feet. That's 291m for you pinko countries. Regardless of tolerance, you need at least 3-6 weeks to earnestly acclimate to Denver, let alone Snowmass or Leadville. You know what's among the first things to slow down while your stupid body goes into overdrive making more red blood cells? Digestion.

Doesn't matter how much water you drink. You think you're hydrating yourself, what you're really doing is making a nice soup to expel from your body as humiliation for your utter lack of real cardio.

And that's how one comes to Jackson Pollock a cheesesteak sandwich in the alley outside your Sherbro's gym.

Colorado's the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back