maintain a weight of 160-165
Bench 285
Deadlift 395
squat 275 x 6

Blue belt in BJJ
baseball dreams
score

move up to 69kg from 62kg with most of the weight gain coming from muscle mass
deadlift to 200kg :D (current 1RM 120kg, is 200kg possible for a 60 something kg dude? hahaha)
bench up to atleast 100kg (1RM atm is a shitty 60kg)
squats to 150kg (current 1RM is around 90kg)

get to green belt in judo (long overdue due to my laziness in entering tourneys)

lots of fun times with my gf ;)

deadlift 450
bench 300
squat 375

...and lets say get up to a lean 220

I want to get to my purple belt (on Sherdog). That's it, but I think Santa hates me.

-run 10 k in 35 minutes (I'm doing this on a bet from a friend who's a triathlete) edit: I've always sucked at distance running so this is something i have to train smart for since distance running can wreck your body if it's not used to it.
-100 one arm pushups
-345 in the one hand deadlift from just below knee (with a hook grip, I can't do these any other way) - current best = 315
-305 in the one hand deadlift from from floor (hook grip again) - current best = 245
-enter at least one girevoy competition
-keep bodyweight below 190 (currently at 185 lbs)

Since i am extremly new to this I'll not embarrass myself by posting numbers, so lets just say the bench press has to go up by about 30 kg by the end of the year, and the dead lift and squat by 50 kg and should be happy.

to add to my last post, i just broke up with my gf. what a merry fucken christmas i'm having right here.

Welcome to he club.

My goals:
1. Getting my UC completely under control (if i dont reach this goal i can forget all the other things)
2. Get some great cardio by doing sprints, tabatas etc.
3. 120kgx20 squat, 200kg maxsquat, 200kg maxdeadlift, 130 kg maxbench, 100kg strict overheadpress, BW up to 90kg.
4. Keep on studying from april on.
5. Enjoy my new life.

to add to my last post, i just broke up with my gf. what a merry fucken christmas i'm having right here.

Think of it not as the closing of a door on some goals of 2006, but an opening of a new door to accomplish goals ENTIRELY of your OWN for 2006. Become stronger, move forward, grow, bet you a million dollars she comes knocking, realizing what she gave up. And at that precise moment the ball will be in YOUR court.

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
Sorry bro. I know that feeling all to well.

HevyDevyGK said:
Since i am extremly new to this I'll not embarrass myself by posting numbers, so lets just say the bench press has to go up by about 30 kg by the end of the year, and the dead lift and squat by 50 kg and should be happy.

Nah, the S&P forum has good folks in it. No one is going taunt your numbers unless you go around bragging that you're a beast. Everyone had to start somewhere, we all know what it's like to add 45s (or, I suppose 20ks) tot he bar for a stronger lifting partner. Time and smart effort take care of that. (I say smart effort because I lifted hard for a year and a half before finding sherdog and having accepting that their mantra has merit. Wish I had known to do the PL split a year ago...)

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
If I allowed such threads in here, I'd start a club of S&Pers that have recently broken up with those they had grown attached too. There seems to be quite a few of us recently. Sorry to hear about it nontheless, but know that in here, you're far from alone in this respect.

For 2006 all im really want to improve on is my DL becuase i have shitty form as of now when it comes to heavy weight. I would like to get to 405 (at 325 is 80lbs unrealistic?) And gain around 10lbs to be 160.

And I guess I would like to get dedicated to some grip training.

An 80lb. increase in the deadlift isn't unrealistic at all. I was in the same boat as you and all I can say is THICKBAR THICKBAR THICKBAR!

my biggest goal is to move up a division in no gi and win more golds. finally break my losing streak in gi at blue belt. that and lift heavy weights more consistantly this year as opposed to the last one.

Sonny, why do you say thickbar? You obviously found that it helped your Dlift drasticly, but why?

I have found Deadlift, Deadlift, Deadlift works best for me. I just wanted to know your theory behind Thickbar work and a huge increase in deadlift. I'm not saying you are wrong, i'm just curious.

batman69 said:
my biggest goal is to move up a division in no gi and win more golds. finally break my losing streak in gi at blue belt. that and lift heavy weights more consistantly this year as opposed to the last one.
Good Poing Batman. I think one of my goals needs to be more consistency. I waste to much of my time in all aspects, wether it be regretting decisions to just plain not getting off my ass and getting in the gym. I' truly hope to be dedicated this year.

We should pull up this thread periodically to remind ourselves of our goals and hold each other accountable, in an encouraging way ofcourse.

Anyway, Merry Christmas Guys and Happy New Year.

This year I will get to a raw 600/400/600. This is a lofty goal considering I am about to start a new, very challenging carrer, but Im fucking sick of making excuses. I built a gym in my basement so there are no if ands or buts anymore.

I would also like to start sprinting 2 or 3 times a week. And I want to clean up my diet.

Back