Goals for 2006

rickdog said:
Sonny, are you still playing with all your Christmas toys, damn it? Im waiting for an answer on why thickbar to help increase deads. Put down your transformers and answer me. It will only take a second.

Sorry dude I missed your initial post. Basically I had gotten pretty strong with just doing deads and had some pretty good starting strength because I was using smaller plates but I had stagnated badly. I tried switching things up but nothing really worked until I laid off from pulling to once every 2 weeks, not going hard or anything, 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps or so. But I started working the RT a lot. Interestingly though I was using light poundages (100-130 lbs.) and did timed holds almost EXCLUSIVELY. Soon I had dropped the deadlift altogether while I got EXTRA gay with the RT. I went back to deadlifting soon after and couldn't believe how THIN the bar felt, it seemed like I had more freedom during the pull and I was able to up my max drastically.

i already had some standing goals that fall in this year, so i'll fire those up.

end of April:

deadlift - 315
bench - 225
squat - 300

for new ones for the end of year i'll go with

end of year:

deadlift - 405
bench - 275
squat - 375
build up my cardio - i used to be able to jump rope like a motherfucker. i can still grapple for long periods without gassing, but it would be nice to have more energy.

One thing im going to do is not sell my self short. INFACT im going to aim for ridiculas goals that i know i cant achieve, but im going to fight like hell and do my best to hit them.

going to push for 210lb bench - currently at 170, but im fairly new to weights, only started training properly a while back.
get into the rack and go for 250-300lb squat. (aiming for 300 but aslong as i clear 250 for reps ill be happy)
military press in the region of 100lb (at around 80lbs now)
and going for alot of back work.

also going to start deadlifting, and doing more back work. Other goals are to get working with sandbags and logs, and going for a crushing grip that could destroy a coconut.

not sure how likely my squat aims are, ahvent squated in a LONG time but im going to go for it all out. heck im thinking of raising my bench goals even higher like to 230lbs, and will see how my squat is in a month or so to decide if i want to aim higher.

aim high to achieve high.

also could this thread be stickied so we can come back and see how we are doing etc?

adamantium said:
One thing im going to do is not sell my self short. INFACT im going to aim for ridiculas goals that i know i cant achieve, but im going to fight like hell and do my best to hit them.

going to push for 210lb bench - currently at 170, but im fairly new to weights, only started training properly a while back.
get into the rack and go for 250-300lb squat. (aiming for 300 but aslong as i clear 250 for reps ill be happy)
military press in the region of 100lb (at around 80lbs now)
and going for alot of back work.

also going to start deadlifting, and doing more back work. Other goals are to get working with sandbags and logs, and going for a crushing grip that could destroy a coconut.

not sure how likely my squat aims are, ahvent squated in a LONG time but im going to go for it all out. heck im thinking of raising my bench goals even higher like to 230lbs, and will see how my squat is in a month or so to decide if i want to aim higher.

aim high to achieve high.

also could this thread be stickied so we can come back and see how we are doing etc?

I dont think your goals are ridicilus at all if you work hard and inteligent for a year.
I would to like to see this stickied so we can get kicked in the butt by our goals every time we go in her. Come on Urban, you know you like to sticky this thread!;)

Sonny said:
Sorry dude I missed your initial post. Basically I had gotten pretty strong with just doing deads and had some pretty good starting strength because I was using smaller plates but I had stagnated badly. I tried switching things up but nothing really worked until I laid off from pulling to once every 2 weeks, not going hard or anything, 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps or so. But I started working the RT a lot. Interestingly though I was using light poundages (100-130 lbs.) and did timed holds almost EXCLUSIVELY. Soon I had dropped the deadlift altogether while I got EXTRA gay with the RT. I went back to deadlifting soon after and couldn't believe how THIN the bar felt, it seemed like I had more freedom during the pull and I was able to up my max drastically.
Huh, that's interesting. I'm gonna play with the RT a bit more. I always used it outside and not the ground is covered in snow so i hate going out. Thanks for the bit of motivation. I'll take anything these days. Thanks for answering.

Get settled in my new town of Chico.
Bulk to 185lbs from 175.
Bench 225
Be able to do a high kick
Improve my standup and wrestling
use my imporved wrestling to thump on all my friends back home(im the smallest out of my friends and they always used to whoop my ass when we would get drunk and wrestle)

i've got a few fitness goals (pullups, deadlifts, bench, diet, etc)...but mostly i wanna get laid alot

I want a 500lb Squat this year. I also want to do 225 strict press.

1-Go to chiropractor to finally get my back in order
2-Work on my stamina
3-work on my flexability
4-drop down to 170 than bulk up to 185
5-enter my first mma tournament

alright, ive got a bunch. id better get cracking early.

1. excell in my new job, which will give me a lot of money to buy nice training stuff and a gym membership.
2. total 1000 pounds. this means getting my squat to not suck, which means chaining myself to a squat rack for the next 3-4 months. i see it working out to be something like B-275 S-315 D-415.
3. buy some gymnastic rings. fuck around with those.
4. close the #3. this is fucking lofty.
5. do a pullup with 2x BW
6. clean and strict press 185.
7. get some sweet, sweet loving.
8. buy a new car
9. grow a beard.

Krzysztof said:
1-Go to chiropractor to finally get my back in order
2-Work on my stamina
3-work on my flexability
4-drop down to 170 than bulk up to 185
5-enter my first mma tournament
How about just staying at 185lbs in the first place?

Bench 200 once. (Most i ever done is 165 twice)
Go up to 165 (at 138 now)
Dead lift 50 - 75 pounds more.
Join KIck Boxing club

Ijung said:
Bench 200 once. (Most i ever done is 165 twice)
Go up to 165 (at 138 now)
Dead lift 50 - 75 pounds more.
Join KIck Boxing club

how heavy is 138lbs in kgs? your far too light! and if you get to 165 id try and aim higher than 200, aim for 225-230 and dont worry if you fall a bit short if you aim high you will break that 200lb goal imo.

and thanks krellik, yeh im going to train hard and intelligently, taking a few days rest, getting a good routine sorted, dropping down from 5x5 to 5-4-3-2-1 for the next 2 maybe 3 months wanna see what i can max out at in the middle of march, infact going to set dates later today for my max bench, squat and dead day in march so i have to try and reset my goals then/work harder. cool idea for a thread, really got me motivated! :D

My main goal is to bend a Red Nail. Lots of folks close the number three, and I do want to, I just want to hit that nail first. Also want to get the bodyweight over 200lbs.

Place in regionals for wrestling, place in every jiu-jitsu tournament I compete in this year, and win my first mma fight this summer!

Enter and do well in no gi sub grappling tournaments
Enter and do well in beginner MMA tournaments
Bench 225 10 times easy
Squat 325
DL 325
get to a ripped 160-170 lbs (currently a slightly chunky 180)
don't get injured
lay off the sauce a bit more
improve my ground skills a ton
get a stronger grip
improve my wind

0k peeps here is my goals for this year

1. Get my First Dan in Judo ( almost there so should be a piece of piss)
2. Learn to use the butterfly guard efficiently and effectively.
3. Tap my BJJ instuctor.
4. Bench 250lbs (currently at 200 but im working hard at it!).
5. Squat something other than my bodyweight.
6. Up my grip strength training and close COC #3 just closed #2 fully a few days ago!
7. Go back to college so i can get promoted!
8. And perfect at least one left sided judo throw most likely uchi-mata.

OH press 315
BP 400
DL 550
Squat 500
Power clean 350

Back