Goals for 2006

Please go for another 20 rep squat record!

My goals this year:

BP: 120kg x 1; if not then 100kg for 10 (i'm currently doing 7).
DL: 170kg x 1 (currently DLing 150-60 for 1 and 120 for 10)
SQ: 150kg x 6 (currently squatting 140 for 8)

Also...
Dramatically improve my cardio and BJJ skills.
Drop below 15% bodyfat. I got to 16.8% over the summer weighing 175lbs but I've put on weight and i'm now at around 19% at 190 lbs. I want to get back to my natural weight of 170-175.

I would like to set myself more ambitious goals but my studies come first. But hopefully these goals are realistic!

graedy said:
Please go for another 20 rep squat record!

I'll get 315x20 by the end of Feb and post the video. 355x20 for the end of the year would be swell.

well its 2006 i am about to graduate high school i went through high school being the fat short guy i want to change that so my goal is

to drop down to 175, then bulk back up and get up to 225, so my goal is to cut, then gain 50lbs by the end of 2006.

win 3 mma am fights at 160lb
compete in some more grappling tourneys
buy a new truck and a new shotgun!!

btw hello everyone

Barut said:
I'll get 315x20 by the end of Feb and post the video. 355x20 for the end of the year would be swell.
20 rep sets are crazy man. I would love to see the video, especially of 355x20. You've got some serious balls doing those 20 rep sets man. Keep up the good work.

// All lifts performed in t-shirt and shorts /w chalk. No belt/wraps/suits/shirts.

Bench: 405x1
Deadlift: 585x1
Squat: 525x1
Standing Overhead Press: 275x1
Push Press: 315x1
Bent Barbell Row: 315x1
Various Pullups: Bodyweightx8
Clean and Jerk: 225x1
Barbell Snatch: 185x1
1 Arm Dumbbell Snatch: 130x1

Full ab wheel rollouts from standing and back. I can already hold myself at the bottom with a wheel, now I just need to be able to get back up.

Bridging and other gymnastics type stuff for general fitness and mobility. I do handstand walks and other stuff like that there. I want to practice more bridging so that my back flexibility goes up. I think being able to do a back handspring @ 245lbs would be cool. I can already do one handed cartwheels and roundoffs but the handspring kicks my ass because I can't bend backwards far enough without losing balance.

Make my roundhouses even harder and keep growing the shin so that it can take the impact. I really want to be able to fold my 200lb bag in half. It flies and folds now but I want to double that again this year. Last year was awesome for my striking because of the new bag.

Back