Goals for 2006

Just get back to where my lifts were last year and get back my conditioning. I've really not been able to train much due to circumstance but a new year would be a good place to start. Get my weight stable at 175lb.

Bench 285
Squat 365
Deadlift 440

2min 15 for 800m

thanks for the support guys, i was the one that broke it off. but the circumstances were really really messed up.

anyways i woke up thinking it's another day, and i sure as hell aint gonna sit around waiting for shit to happen.

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
thanks for the support guys, i was the one that broke it off. but the circumstances were really really messed up.

anyways i woke up thinking it's another day, and i sure as hell aint gonna sit around waiting for shit to happen.
Awesome attitude bro. You're a stronger man than me. It took me some time and I still have to remind myself to get on with life. Good luck and keep being optimistic!

addtional goal: work up to a one arm pull-up.

Tornado said:
addtional goal: work up to a one arm pull-up.
there's an old thread where we were racing to become superhuman: first person to do 10 1-armed pullups wins... you were involved in that thread weren't you?

Oddly enough, it seems my one armed pullup abilities have increased despit total neglect. I've been focusing on overhead presses and suddenly my unilateral pullup negatives are a lot slower.

Urban said:
there's an old thread where we were racing to become superhuman: first person to do 10 1-armed pullups wins... you were involved in that thread weren't you?

Oddly enough, it seems my one armed pullup abilities have increased despit total neglect. I've been focusing on overhead presses and suddenly my unilateral pullup negatives are a lot slower.

good shit dude. it makes sense to me. in my own experience, I hate bench pressing, but in the past every time I get stronger in bent over rows, my bench numbers go up even though i rarely practiced the lift. if it were up to me, I'd love to see everyone boasting one arm pullups. I might have an advantage over you guys though since i know what if feels like to do them but i don't any reason why anyone else shouldn't be doing them either. keep it up. I promised Remy i'd start a thread on my progress so I guess I'll start tomorrow but i won't promise to be serious on Jan 2. I'll have to recover from the partying.

edit: I wrote Rickdog instead of Remy. Sorry.

My goal is to get back into mma training, go from 150lbs (currently) to around 175.
and i'm a weaking right now since I havent worked out hard in a long while. So I just want to get stronger.

Also get ripped, and learn new things, travel new places, meet new people, and be the best damn me I can be.

Improve mind, body, and soul.

I have the exact same goals as last year since I didn't accomplish any of them this year, and didn't really improve at all due to re-injuring my shoulder various times.

1. Get shoulder healed (almost done and rehabbed, don't wanna fuck it up again).
2.Blue belt in BJJ.
3.350 LB squat.
4.350 LB Deadlift
5.225 LB bench
6. under 12% body fat.

Goals for 2006:

- Deadlift 400
- Squat 300
- Bench 250
- OHP 200
- Pull up with half bodyweight
- Stop my CoC#3 laughing at me every time I pick it up.
- Win my next mma fight even faster than the last one, I want a TKO by liver shot but will setlle for anything.
- Destroy Oxford at Varsity
- Win British universities judo championship (got screwed last year by judges this time if they want to give my opponent the win they'll need to pick him out of the crater and reattach his arms first)
- 1st kyu in judo
- Grade in Sombo (finally, might even look to compete if time permits)

I just thought this would be the appropriate place to tell all of you that I reached one of my goals already. I am now officially a Purple Belt on Sherdog.

Hold the applause, Thanks you, Thank you very much. No speech today though.

1000 more to your next belt. seeing as how it isn't even 2006 yet and you've accomplished one of your goals, I think it's time to raise the bar.

rickdog said:
Sonny, why do you say thickbar? You obviously found that it helped your Dlift drasticly, but why?

I have found Deadlift, Deadlift, Deadlift works best for me. I just wanted to know your theory behind Thickbar work and a huge increase in deadlift. I'm not saying you are wrong, i'm just curious.

Bump to that. I'd like to know too.
Especially if it's based on personal experience and isn't a bunch of wild theorizing about CNS and stuff.

I will be happy to surpass all of my PR's that I have. Hmm, some will be

Deadlift 400 converntial style, sumo 450pds
Behind Back deadlift 450-500pds
Barebell Push Press 200-230pds
I arm DB Clean/PP x 100 DB
Do most exercise with the 45pd Clubbell
8 finger Deadlift 550-600pds
Deadlift Lockout 800-900pds
1 arm Clean Thick DB 100pds
200pd Sandbag Clean and Press
Pistol x 100pds
Bend Yellow Nail
close COC #2
CB Swipe/Mill 25pd or 20pd Club = perform 1000 reps in either exercise
Turgish Get Up DB x 100pds

If some of these go up, I will be happy, I don't need all of them, but my training has been going good, so why not :))

Urban said:
1000 more to your next belt. seeing as how it isn't even 2006 yet and you've accomplished one of your goals, I think it's time to raise the bar.
Do not rain on my parade, Damn it......... I knew I should have waited a couple days for my last post. Thanks for ruining my biggest goal ever.

Duncon76 said:
I will be happy to surpass all of my PR's that I have. Hmm, some will be

Deadlift 400 converntial style, sumo 450pds
Behind Back deadlift 450-500pds
Barebell Push Press 200-230pds
I arm DB Clean/PP x 100 DB
Do most exercise with the 45pd Clubbell
8 finger Deadlift 550-600pds
Deadlift Lockout 800-900pds
1 arm Clean Thick DB 100pds
200pd Sandbag Clean and Press
Pistol x 100pds
Bend Yellow Nail
close COC #2
CB Swipe/Mill 25pd or 20pd Club = perform 1000 reps in either exercise
Turgish Get Up DB x 100pds

If some of these go up, I will be happy, I don't need all of them, but my training has been going good, so why not :))

Your 8 finger deadlift goal is 550-600bs, but your conventional DL goal is 400? Are all 8 fingers yours?

Your 8 finger deadlift goal is 550-600bs, but your conventional DL goal is 400? Are all 8 fingers yours?

The 8 finger Deads are used with wearing eagle loops, which makes the deadlift more of a half deadlift, so you can use more weight, thats why its higher.

this thread should be stickied to the top so it can be constantly refered to and remind everybody who posted what theie goals are

1. 400 dl/squat by summer
2. look damn good in a swimsuit by summer
3.eat right
4. clean 275 by the end of the year.

Sonny, are you still playing with all your Christmas toys, damn it? Im waiting for an answer on why thickbar to help increase deads. Put down your transformers and answer me. It will only take a second.

Back