[GIFS]Bar none best boxer in the sport(Alexander Gustafsson)

As did I rewatched it again , and I still score it for Jones but , man Alex's boxing looks better every time I rewind it , impressive for a guy 6'5" and having to be wary of the TD.

And he gets way better every fight, which is scary.

so the lack of jones boxing proves that gus has the best boxing. Fanboys overhyping

My favorite hands moment in MMA was this:

aleksander-emelianenko-o.gif

GODDAMN! Aleksander absolutely destroyed that guy!

He is great there is no doubt about it and I was thoroughly impressed by him but I think there are quite a few much better than him such as Anderson Silva, Frankie Edgar and maybe JDS but JDS's boxing defense is not that great. GSP is up there too even though his main move is just his jab.

He is great there is no doubt about it and I was thoroughly impressed by him but I think there are quite a few much better than him such as Anderson Silva, Frankie Edgar and maybe JDS but JDS's boxing defense is not that great. GSP is up there too even though his main move is just his jab.

Did you just mention the one guy who trains exclusively with Freddie Roach, who teaches offense only, yet the guy can't put together a combination to save his life, let alone a right hand that he forgot how to throw. Anderson Silva is up there yes, but not JDS,GSP,and Frankie. Aldo is already a better boxer than Frankie, and he just jabbed him to an easy win,yet he's supposed to be a great boxer. Come on man.

Mousasi impressed me in his last fight that he fought with the fucked up knee but I'm not sure if that's because he was just so much better than his opponent:

Did you just mention the one guy who trains exclusively with Freddie Roach, who teaches offense only, yet the guy can't put together a combination to save his life, let alone a right hand that he forgot how to throw. Anderson Silva is up there yes, but not JDS,GSP,and Frankie. Aldo is already a better boxer than Frankie, and he just jabbed him to an easy win,yet he's supposed to be a great boxer. Come on man.

Roach doesn't teach offense only. That's absurd. He studied under Eddie Futch of all people (and the likes of James Toney, Bernard Hopkins and Brother Naazim Richardson hold him in very high regard). Aldo didn't easily beat Edgar. That was a very close fight.

Roach doesn't teach offense only. That's absurd. He studied under Eddie Futch of all people (and the likes of James Toney, Bernard Hopkins and Brother Naazim Richardson hold him in very high regard). Aldo didn't easily beat Edgar. That was a very close fight.

He does, I asked a friend of mine who trains out of wild card gym. He teaches offense only.

The first three rounds, he made it look super easy, with just a jab and a right.

The TS avatar says it all, how can yall take him seriously, we are getting trolled hard.

All of a sudden Gus is the best boxer in the sport, fucking LOL

This has to be the most horrible FALSE post I have ever read on sherdog. Where do these delusional Gus fans come from?

Seriously yall, where do we go from here?

Maybe you missed the part where I mentioned his go to move is his jab and he uses that quite effectively with his wrestling that he doesn't need to do much else. His jab is probably the best in ufc but overall I'd agree that he isn't better than Gustaffson. As for Aldo, he is definitely up there but you are a total retard if you think Aldo jabbed him to an easy win. It was a very close fight and Frankie held his own, many people thought he actually won that fight. BJ was considered a great boxer and Frankie outboxed him too. It's retarded to not consider him a great boxer. And JDS is definitely up there, though his defense needs improvement. And yeah I didn't even include Mousasi in my list who is phenomenal and better than Gus imo. You seem like a delusional Gus nuthugger.

i did not say so, but to say gus is the best bar none is fanboyism at its best

I agree, he's not the best bar-none, but he is significantly better than JDS.

JDS is closer to a bar-room brawler than to a great boxer.

He does, I asked a friend of mine who trains out of wild card gym. He teaches offense only.

The first three rounds, he made it look super easy, with just a jab and a right.

No, he doesn't. That's completely and utterly absurd. How do you even distinguish between offense and defense when they both play so much into the other? Aldo took the first two rounds clearly. The 3rd was razor close with Edgar beginning to solve the jab. The 4th was clearly Edgar's round and the 5th was likely Edgar edging Aldo out, though it was very close. Round by round, it was a very close fight.

I agree, he's not the best bar-none, but he is significantly better than JDS.

JDS is closer to a bar-room brawler than to a great boxer.

By MMA standards, JDS is a good boxer. He has clear weaknesses, but very few are likely to be able to exploit them. When he is boxing well, there is quite a bit more to his game than mere brawling. He has a respectable jab and he tends to break his opponents down to a certain degree. Cain really troubled him by forcing him onto the backfoot and clearly outjabbing him (while mixing in the threat of the takedown).

No, he doesn't. That's completely and utterly absurd. How do you even distinguish between offense and defense when they both play so much into the other? Aldo took the first two rounds clearly. The 3rd was razor close with Edgar beginning to solve the jab. The 4th was clearly Edgar's round and the 5th was likely Edgar edging Aldo out, though it was very close. Round by round, it was a very close fight.

Only because he was starting to get tired.

Back