[GIFS]Bar none best boxer in the sport(Alexander Gustafsson)

No, Gus isn't "bar none" the best boxer in MMA. He's very good, though. His tremendous athleticism and chin covers up some technical flaws. One of the best, but he still has a lot of room for improvement considering his natural abilities (which shows just how much potential he has).

Problem is Gus has pillow hands .. Jds has the best boxing in Mma followed by anderson

268.gif

Gus was a ranked amateur in boxing, in a career that lasted 9 yrs. He is also former swedish amateur boxing campion at HW ( + 91 kg ). So yeah, he got better boxing skills than most UFC fighters.

fc141agustkovmat.gif

You don't know shit about boxing.

and LOL with a JAB.

Someone that knows more about boxing than she should intelligently talk about how Gus gets clipped here because his head was straight up

Most sherdoggers dont know what slipping a punch is or how much science and technique is incorporated in something like that. Most these geeks dont know how to throw a punch.

fc141agustkovmat.gif

You don't know shit about boxing.

and LOL with a JAB.

Terrible stoppage and Gus is a point fighter, if he can't get a finish with the initial onslaught or get's rocked, then he dances away for the rest of the fight.

Most sherdoggers dont know what slipping a punch is or how much science and technique is incorporated in something like that. Most these geeks dont know how to throw a punch.

Couldn't agree more.

Who do you consider the best boxer in the sport then?

That's tough to say. I could name many fighters who I think have solid boxing fundamentals. Wineland, Barao, McGregor, Makdessi, Swanson, MM, Dodson, Aldo, Gustafsson, Edgar, GSP, Penn (back in the day), Pettis, Chandler, Silva, Cormier, JDS, Cormier, Cain, Cruz, Mousasi, Weidman, Michael Johnson and so on.... I think it is rather difficult to simply declare one of these fighter to have the best boxing in the sport.

I madly underrated Gus against jones. I was pleasantly surprised tho. I didn't think there was any way in hell he would be able to stop jones takedowns his boxing is far from the best tho. Anderson is fuckin deadly with his hands alone.

Back