[GIFS]Bar none best boxer in the sport(Alexander Gustafsson)

Well, clearly it is much stupider, considering boxing is a part of MMA, and Tennis and Football have little, if anything to do with the other.

And you should probably look up the meaning of "analogy", because that's clearly what you were going for there.
I wasn't comparing tennis an football to mma and boxing saying gus has best boxing bar none is just as rediculous as my statement

they're about 4 frames each

at one point i think i did see what looked like some sort of punch thrown though, his arm was bent in one frame then straight in the next one. good point TS.

Nicely done.

God, those gifs sucks!

Next time try to find some high fps ones please...

It's really hard to say who is the best boxer in MMA considering all the variables they have to factor in which can totally hinder their actual boxing skills. Ie., the threat of a takedown, catching a front kick to the face, spinning back or side kick to the body, kicks to the kneecap, leg kicks etc just to name the most obvious ones. Alex is up there for sure though, I'd say McGregor definitely is too (turns out he was at least a Junior National champ in Ireland after all). Mousasi is in this discussion as well.

For what it's worth, Alliance Gym's head coach Eric Del Fierro seems to agree with you, TS. He's Alex's now former coach when he trained for a few weeks at Alliance leading up to his fights. This guy knows a lot about boxing and striking, in fact, he's definitely a top 5 (I'd even say top 3) MMA striking coach. What makes this impressive, to me anyway, is that:

1) The guy is honest... so honest that he even told the media that he had Gustafsson actually LOSING (though close) against Jones during the fight - up until he watched the tape after the fight and changed his mind, scoring it for Gustafsson.

2) He's not even Alex's full time coach, eliminating at least 'some' bias from him. In fact, he's a very part time coach for Alex, only coaching him leading up to his fights for a few weeks. Andreas Michael is Alex's actual head coach (and boxing coach), he's with him at all times both in the states and back in Sweden where they both live. Andreas Michael himself is a former Olympic boxing coach and clearly this man is responsible for Alex's ever-improving boxing game.

3) Del Fierro coaches guys like BW champ Dominick Cruz (a very solid MMA boxer himself) and Ross Pearson (very solid MMA boxer too). Both of these guys are in the Top 15/20 most talented 'MMA boxers' as well.

Del Fierro:
"His boxing is bar none probably the best in the sport right now."

Source: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Trainer-Alexander-Gustafsson-Wouldnt-Let-Jon-Jones-Set-Up-Takedowns-56897

Del Fierro saying "bar none" and then following it up immediately with "probably", however, is open to interpretation. It sounds more to me like he didn't actually mean "bar none" and softened it a bit with "probably". Still, it's a great compliment from an amazing striking coach who has seen more than enough of Alex's boxing game over the years at Alliance to assess it and form his own opinion.

Junior is not even the best boxer in the division. It's okay to be a fan bro, just don't be blind.

Who do you consider a better boxer? Please don't say Overeem, cuz he's not. Kharitonov maybe. Velasquez is good, in large part because he mixes in his wrestling with the strikes so well, but not as good as JDS. Hunt's got mad power but his best days are behind him (especially when it comes to his legs) and Junior proved that emphatically.

JDS is an amazing fighter and has the best hands at HW, IMO. Also, the best footwork and possibly the most power to boot.

Who do you consider a better boxer? Please don't say Overeem, cuz he's not. Kharitonov maybe. Velasquez is good, in large part because he mixes in his wrestling with the strikes so well, but not as good as JDS. Hunt's got mad power but his best days are behind him (especially when it comes to his legs) and Junior proved that emphatically.

JDS is an amazing fighter and has the best hands at HW, IMO. Also, the best footwork and possibly the most power to boot.
Cain has legitimately good head movement, a great jab, and throws solid combinations with power. He's a really good boxer, man. JDS may be better, but Cain isn't far behind.

Also I think "shut'um down" schaub might have similarly good hands to jds just doesn't have the chin.

They are both ball sports

And? Boxing is a martial art, it's a part of mixed martial arts and something that many MMA fighters train. A fighter can be incredibly effective in the sport of mixed martial arts with a boxing base, but it's not required nor is it the only striking martial art.

Tennis has nothing to do with the sport of football (American or "soccer"). The point he tried to make is all kinds of retarded.

Another clip for show

FrSoo8V.gif

Counter's Jones superman jab, with left hook .

James Toney is the best boxer in MMA.

I think BJ Penn has had some of the best boxing in MMA over the years. Better than Gus imo. Looking fiorward to him fighting in a sensible weight class again

If we're throwing superlatives around like that I might as well say this is the worst thread in the world.

The counter in the first gif is the best, in my opinion. It looked like Jones telegraphed his jab by his body rhythm, and Gus easily saw that coming.

2df4816a7ad1c0f77cacf5464d92c06d.gif

slip jab,counter left hook

560ed74019d7cc64aa7406a09e016981.gif

counters leg kick to left hook, then throws a jab, uppercut

2b570d31f7e53bead1b43242d434926e.gif

most impressive one, slips right straight, counters with right body shot, right hook and right uppercut.

I bet most of you missed seeing him slip the right hand in the 3rd gif xD. Almost missed the body shot in the last gif as well. Damn I got good eyes lol.

Back