1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social Ghosting huge problem for companies today.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by 12ga., Sep 23, 2021.

1. Wadtucket Gold Belt

Maybe stop living in a bizarre gay bdsm torture dungeon and you'll have contractors willing to change your window sills bruv

Solid and Canned Tuna like this.
  2. 12ga. Gold Belt

I figured this out early. Worked for a private company as my first job out of college and quit for half the pay to work for a city. It's like a union. Defined benefit plan (pension), protections, etc. Never saw a ghost in 26 yrs either. Even as good as it was, once I got enough years I was able to buy my last 4 (cost me 18k x 4) to retire early. Some people live to work I only worked to live.

3. LangfordBarrow StickAndMove Platinum Member

Good luck but don't be surprised if you're fired when they decide to work again.

4. MichiganMMA1978 Brown Belt

How much should a dishwasher make? And do you consider washing dishes a career?

5. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

Regretted it due to the hassle of installation or due to the quality of the product afterward? If I'm paying someone else to do it, I don't really care if installation is a pain. If the product is shitty, that's a different story.

6. Cole train Gold Belt

Problem for developing world is theres always someone cheaper

Example from construction days

First came baltics and russians, now considered too expensive.

So now we got polish and romanians, who are about to get replaced by central asians.

Wonder who replaces central asians

7. 12ga. Gold Belt

I would only hire licensed insured bonded so if they burn my house its covered. I actually built 3 homes as owner builder so I'm pretty knowledgeable as things go - did all the trim work, doors and cabinets and all painting with my airless for example. Subbed everything else out to real contractors. I wont touch electric or gas period. And definite wont hire a hack.

8. foxnewsfan Red Belt

sounds like a pussy with no character. Oh well....Bidens got their replacement coming in by the thousands each week.

9. Sohei Its just a flu bro!

So companies are just now realizing treating people like disposable slaves isn't working out?

deviake and AndroidRage like this.
  10. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

Have you picked up a sweet remote work gig?

Solid likes this.
  11. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

There's nothing bizarre about my torture dungeon, you judgmental fuck

Wadtucket and Solid like this.
  12. foxnewsfan Red Belt

Entitled Gen Z'ers have been a problem for a little while now. That's why we have open borders.

13. jefferz Steel Belt

Both.
    The cost of materials may be cheaper than vinyl but instillation costs are much more expensive. It doesn’t hold paint as well so you’re going to have to repaint it about every 10 years. You’re going to have to caulk the seams every couple of years. It’s not as energy efficient as vinyl. Fiber is much more brittle so it can lead to cracking and chipping.
    Just don’t do it.

14. 12ga. Gold Belt

Race to the bottom. This is what capitalism does without pushback and why Financial industry is making all the real money gains in last 20-30 years. https://www.rogueeconomics.com/bill-bonner-diary/the-financialization-of-the-american-economy/

They smartly got mom and pop into it all (with 401k 403b etc) so in effect tied them to the beast that is trying to pay you less and less.

A.S. Deep and AndroidRage like this.
  15. Cole train Gold Belt

I mean what they do is kinda illegal here btw

They pay them official minium pay in construction industry. About 10 euros in hour.

Then they make them go to atm and return them 5 euros in cash.

Hourly pay ends up being 5 euros

16. 2DUM2TAP Silver Belt

On top of a Mountain punch dancing my rage away
    My buddy is a school teacher with two masters so he gets like top pay from the board in Toronto, and still works at grocery stores on the weekend to pay off student debt and make some extra cash as he says he enjoys it and says its easy money as he has been there since a teenager so he says he makes decent scratch working there.

Khabib Khanate likes this.
  17. Bald1 War Room Can

I worked for a shop for 15 years before it went corporate with new management. Things got restructured and I became disgruntled so was called into the office. Here's the punchline:

"This is your first and final warning. But if you're considering other employment please have the courtesy to give us 2 weeks notice."

Yeah? Get fucked. You get what you give and 8f the relationship is unbalanced then it's garage.

18. Solid Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Well someone needs to do it

19. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

It's definitely not cheaper than vinyl. Idk if we're talking about the same stuff. There are a lot of different fiber cement products. I'm talking about something along these lines:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/James-Hard...8pNaKy9se4Hb0FHT9zRoCnEYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

20. KAZSoliloquy Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

if your business relies on paying people less than a livable wage to survive, it’s not a business.