1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social Ghosting huge problem for companies today.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by 12ga., Sep 23, 2021.

1. 12ga. Gold Belt

LOL what comes around goes around...- They wanted a world with no accountability. No loyalty to workers. Fire at will. They never thought about what it would be like if workers did it too.

Recruiters in several industries say they've never seen anything like it.

"We are in such desperate need that I would literally hire anyone that passes the background check," said one food-service recruiter who is currently trying to staff a large food-service contract. Insider agreed to not publish her name or client.

In the past six weeks alone, she told Insider, she scheduled 58 interviews for jobs ranging from $14 to $20 per hour, of which 27 candidates actually showed up. From there she scheduled eight for onboarding after they passed a background check, only to have just five show up for work. Of those five, three have ghosted her leaving only two out of the original 58 she considered.

"We're just understaffed and barely keeping our heads above water and I'm at a complete loss as to how to fix it," she said.

The manager of a spa and fitness center at a California country club said she has had eight new hires ghost her this year so far, even after she specifically talks about ghosting in her onboarding process and asks that workers stay in communication with her, especially if they want to quit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...king-away-from-a-job/ar-AAOBCoa?ocid=msedgntp

Isa, empsim, no fat chicks and 19 others like this.
  2. kenetics Gold Belt

Agree. Don't feel bad for these companies that were low balling workers for years.

3. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

Mixed feelings here. This is obviously bad for the economy. However, I have no sympathy for shitty employers or the culture that has created such jaded and entitled people.

Tell every child they're special, unique, and perfect just the way they are, then treat them like dog shit when they show up to the first day of work. Good idea.

4. M3t4tr0n Sherriff of Sherfront

Part of me wants to cheer these workers on

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Patof, Omni1, D3THRONED and 13 others like this.
  5. AndroidRage Black Belt

When they fuck workers on pay and benefits for decades what do they expect?

02-TA, Patof, Omni1 and 16 others like this.
  6. Bargey Silver Belt

Supply and demand. If it’s an endemic problem then clearly companies need to make adjustments with remuneration or somewhere. No real sympathy but it also does say something about this generation and how they lack accountability and responsibility. You change your mind then pick up the phone and tell your hirer - that’s just basic decency.

7. 12ga. Gold Belt

Does entitlement attitude include refusing vaccine?

02-TA, nicapica and Khabib Khanate like this.
  8. genecop Gold Belt

<Dany07>

02-TA likes this.
  9. kenetics Gold Belt

Wut?

10. GtehMVP Black Belt

This is priceless boys, I've been giggling the last 10 minutes

I took a job at a grocery store when the pandemic started. In Canada, pretty much all of us were guaranteed $2K a month from the Feds. My business had to shut down, so I could have gone that route, but I know how lazy I can get, so I didn't want to get stuck in a rut. I lost all my benefits too, and the company I took the job with has a decent plan. I was also worried about the job market once things died down, so I figured an essential establishment was a good choice to ensure some regular $$. Besides, I liked being close to food supply and toilet paper :D

Even though I took a massive pay cut, I had a blast last winter. I haven't been that happy in years, near zero stress. Once we sold of some assets from my company, I was extra comfortable. It almost felt like a prolonged vacation in a different country and picking up a job to pay for your fun things.

Anyway, I'm still there part time to keep the benefits, and all the free food, while slowly reopening my business. They are struggling with employees badly. I work overnights, which isn't easy for most (I love it) so people come and go constantly, without warning. One guy who started tonight, just left in the middle of this shift. I'm in the parking lot taking my break right now, and the guy walks past with a bag of chips he's munching on. I asked if he was going home early and he said he's quitting. It's hilarious because he's stealing that bag, as we can't buy/pay for anything until the cash opens at 7am. No fucks given lol

The company deserves it. They raised wages initially when the pandemic started, but cut them once they had enough staff. It was such a douche move, as their profits are still through the roof, especially last year when very few businesses were allowed to operate.

11. KnightTemplar Green(Goblin)Belt Platinum Member

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind:)

uppercutbus and Rand M Arthur like this.
  12. ShadowRun error Platinum Member

So do these new potential employees know this is a bad company or paying crappy compared to profit margin? Or these vague assumptions and excuses for lazy people.

Cyrano200, PhitePhan and Steve-French like this.
  13. Wadtucket Yellow Card Yellow Card

Good.

02-TA likes this.
  14. GoofMaster93 Blue Belt

Boomer statement right here imo

15. Crom Cruach Brown Belt

I have a feeling this might be the War Room's hands around the world moment.

Fuck those shitty businesses. You wanted the gig economy so maybe you should play some good music.

DoctorNick, Isa, 02-TA and 11 others like this.
  16. Shoden Banned Banned

<BidenShutIt><Dany07>

So she is basically giving them the idea to ghost her......self fulfilling prophecy? Imagine hearing this during orientation, it's like a huge red flag for any worker, and they instantly get the ghost idea implanted in their brains.

Im guessing the lady is a horrible boss?

Omni1, no fat chicks, Sohei and 3 others like this.
  17. Goonerview Gold Belt

Nice!

I sometimes dream about working at a convenience store or working as a waiter at a quiet cafe somewhere. No stress and don’t have to think about work after you clock out. Bliss.

18. LangfordBarrow StickAndMove Platinum Member

I don't think so, some people just don't trust it, it's more the "muh freedom" types that still don't want to be excluded from anything and don't follow the guidelines.

PhitePhan and TeTe like this.
  19. TheTimeIsNotNow Silver Belt

The stress comes from having an overwhelming feeling of dread that your next shift is coming up and you would rather die than work that shitty, mind numbingly boring job.

Adrian Anis, Isa, LF Celine and 5 others like this.
  20. Rand M Arthur Brown Belt

No fucks given.

You treat the working class with not an iota of loyalty for half a century, then get surpised when they do the same to you?

02-TA, Omni1, no fat chicks and 6 others like this.