1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social Ghosting huge problem for companies today.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by 12ga., Sep 23, 2021.

1. Renard Red Belt

You know we have indexes for food prices right? The rampant illegal problem in the US is so helpful to reducing prices that a chunk of Europe, Canada, Scandinavia and Australia all have lower food prices than the US. It's almost like there's no benefit whatsoever and it's a feel-good narrative of bullshit.

[​IMG]

2. Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

That's interesting. I always thought groceries were cheaper in the US. Australia is certainly very expensive by regional standards (labour costs, transportation costs and rental/real estate prices being the main factors). Looking at just direct price conversions for flour, milk and bread US prices seem significantly cheaper. I guess their median pay is just that much worse.

Sohei likes this.
  3. BIKES! So then I said... Platinum Member

That’ll show the man! Being the entitled and lazy generation wasn’t enough, it’s time to be an all around piece of shit.

like most of these ghosters have the years of experience with bad employers to even justify the actions. I get it, a lot of places deserve payback. But the restaurants around me that are shut because they can’t hire are mom and pop places that have always paid competitively and treats their employees well. Yesterday we went to one of my favorite places and they only had one server as two no showed and were backed up and turning people away.

My favorite local steakhouse is offering 70k for the head hostess and can’t fill that or part timers. This young generation doesn’t want to work, they’ve been indoctrinated and believe the government should give them money for being born. Why? Because the Dem Reich did just that and gave money to every Tom Dick and Harry to stay at home for 18 months because .00000001% chance of getting hospitalized was out there

evansusmc2 and chardog like this.
  4. chardog That's President Donald Trump

it's because people have be susceptible to the propaganda pushed in the last year and a half, in that short amount of time, the minds of the public have been poisoned.

saw the piece on crowderbits that 41% of democrats , 35% of independents, and 28% of republicans thought there was a 50% hospitalization rate with covid.......... that's like the majority of people that think for ever two people that got covid, one was hospitalized. The public is still scared silly over this shit.

BIKES! likes this.
  5. Ophydian Silver Belt

First off I’m not comparing it to other nations. Second, do you understand economics? If you raise the price of labor it has a direct effect on the price of goods. Citizens would demand a higher wage because they won’t do it for minimum wage. We got down to a low of 3% unemployment which included migrant workers. What do you think happens when you remove that workforce? Labor shortage, wages go up, prices go up.

6. sleepyguard85 Green Belt

Of course it does

7. DoctorNick Purple Belt

I didn't think our boomers would go that deep on corporations. Thanks for proving me wrong. Are the nurses ghosting the hospital lazy too now? People will only take shit for so long before enough is enough, why is that so difficult to understand?

Sohei likes this.
  8. Lots Green Belt

Then let them pay a wage the market dictates is valuable

9. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Im not sure what the prices are in the us currently, but i used to go to michigan and ny to get groceries when i could because it was cheaper in both states than canada. I can get 36 eggs in the usa for 3.50 .... its like 4.00 for 12 here.

Titan1980 likes this.
  10. Titan1980 Green Belt

A big problem I see is that the two week notice has been weaponized against workers. Far too many have given their notice to be told no you're gone now, leaving them with out pay for that time or have had their new opportunity sabotaged by their former employer. In this day and age I'd say it's far safer for an individual to just walk away.

11. Cid Silver Belt

You named yourself foxnewsfan on an anonymous internet forum.

So naturally I assume you're an expert on the subject of being poor and agree with you 100%

Sohei and AndroidRage like this.
  12. Paladin Red Belt

I have considered taking up a side gig at a fast food place, just to get $20/hr to was plates for 5 hrs on the weekend. easy $100 to put into digital currency every week

13. method115 Titanium Belt

I just got done looking for jobs in IT and my experience was the exact opposite. All entry level jobs required a year or 2 experience. Which most of the time can be bypassed with a good interview showing you know your shit.

The amount of jobs requiring degrees has drastically decreased. Out of like 50 jobs with 7+ years of experience needed maybe like 3 absolutely required it. The rest were all willing to supplement job experience for it.

14. evansusmc2 Red Belt

Germany has cheaper groceries than America??? Since when?

15. Lead /Led/ blanket Platinum Member

Never ghosted a company but I’ve sure had HR departments that just ghosted me and didn’t have the decency to tell me I was out of the running. I remember interviewing at one place, then a month later interviewing at a second place that I eventually took a job with. A month into working there, I get a call from the first place (two months after the first interview) saying I got the job and when can I start. I was honestly stunned they somehow thought someone would assume they were still being considered that long afterwards. I obviously told them I could take the offer and the person was pissed. I’m pretty sure what happened is they hired a different candidate, they bailed after a few weeks cause the employer was terrible and then they scrambled and tried grabbing a second, third, etc choice. Really think I dodge a bullet though cause at one point I thought I wanted to work there out of the places I interviewed at.

Honestly, it’s nice seeing a tighter labor market. Wages had been stagnant for a long time until maybe the past three years there were some signs we’d see increases. I thought covid might fuck that all up but it just seems like it temporarily delayed it and we still will see it.

16. Lord Coke Silver Belt

What's entitled about it? If companies are allowed to fire at will then workers are allowed to quit at will. I don't hear anyone calling Walmart entitled when it lays off thousand people to balance out its books.

17. Protectandserve Red Belt

I don't know why but I hate all these dumb fucking terms, ghosting, gaslighting, etc.

Legumes and Canned Tuna like this.
  18. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

Quitting a job doesn't make necessarily mean that you have entitlement issues. A feeling of entitlement could certainly lead to someone quitting a job, though.

19. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Hoping to find new job myself and checking out ads.
    I am seeing a lot of:
    "Arrive on time daily. Every. Day."

Currently working from home as are my co workers and the amount of late ppl for a 9am shift...holy shit.

20. tastaylvr Blue Belt

Imagine being proud of being a slave lol

You take pride in being paid less and having worse working conditions

Human logic 101