Law 'Ghost gun' crackdown proposal issued by Department of Justice

The Biden admin dep of Justice is coming after the second amendment. It seems the American law and constitution is becoming what Bush said just a piece of paper.

But will the dep justice ever crack down on ghost markets? nah.

'Ghost gun' crackdown proposal issued by Department of Justice

There are proposed workarounds.

Without making you watch a 25 minute speech, essentially, there are legal ways around such crackdowns, such as hosting a platform, the library exception to ITAR, etc.

Last edited:
They’ve spent 20 years going back and forth and failing to properly legally differentiate between a short barreled rifle and a pistol with a forearm brace

I doubt the justice department and ATF will be able to figure out how to properly define the frame/lower receiver as that’s the legal “gun” part of the gun.

Good luck controlling basic machine tools, like a milling machine.

Good luck controlling basic machine tools, like a milling machine.

I believe their intent is to try to define lowers in a way that it doesn’t take just a basic machine tool to turn it from not a gun into a functioning gun? They’re not going after the miling machines.

Defining exactly what makes a lower a lower tho, to an industry that has made business of clever interpretations of ATF laws for decades, is a challenge I don’t think they can meet.

The workarounds on the California magazine changes are beautifully clever

Did you even read that? It perfectly highlights what my point is lol

Oh I read it and your desperate attempt here is sad. You are trying to say a scannable document which is a digitized paper copy is now some type of digital database. Regardless of the media, this is a paper database mainly because it’s not possible to search because each record is a PDF. But please don’t let this little fact stop you from being ignorant.

Perfect username btw.

Oh I read it and your desperate attempt here is sad. You are trying to say a scannable document which is a digitized paper copy is now some type of digital database. Regardless of the media, this is a paper database mainly because it’s not possible to search because each record is a PDF. But please don’t let this little fact stop you from being ignorant.

Perfect username btw.
<YeahOKJen>

Isn't the data that is most quoted by folks trying to say "ghost guns" are so prevalent in crime based on one report from somewhere in California? And folks are trying to pass that off as being the case Nation wide?

Regardless, firearms were defined in the GCA of 1968. Not by an EO by some gun control hungry administration. They're whining about some mysterious need to serialize incomplete frames sold as a kit, but don't bother to say whether the frame alone (sold without the kit) would need to be serialized.

They're claiming this need to redefine things is based on preventing courts from misinterpreting a definition that's existed since the 68 GCA. Which courts have been correctly interpreting. It's a huge stretch to suddenly declare that an unfinished frame = a finished frame and needs a serial number. Completely changing how the 68 GCA defined frames originally. But the DOJ will likely want to straddle the fence and use whatever definition suits them at the time.

If you read through the document, the ATF called out one of the elephants in the room “neither the upper nor the lower portion of a split/multi-piece receiver firearm alone falls within the precise wording of the regulatory definition” but also whined about “erroneous district court decisions” that employ a “narrow interpretation” of the definition.

Characterizing a stripped lower the same as a completed lower and therefore a firearm is stretch IMO.

End of the day you have a gun you can buy all online, never need a background check, and not need anyone to break the law to sell you one in the first place
This is outstanding news for us law abiding citizens and I’m not sure how I missed this (I never heard “ghost gun” until POTUS Biden mentioned it the other day).

I’m not sure how the gun control team missed this … how dare they allow regular citizens to protect their homes and families.

Well yeah , most people dont call the police to report unregistered handguns being stolen, esp if they are already a felon.
True story about stupid felons … not gun related but worth it to show how dumb some criminals are and why they might actually report themselves to police by accident.

This dude I know (friend of a friend of a friend type of thing) reported his girlfriend for using drugs so the State would award him full custody of their baby.

Turns out the State checks criminal histories before they allow a parent to have full custody of their own baby … obvious to people who aren’t morons but not everyone apparently.

The State did take the baby from the girlfriend, checked his record full of drug convictions, and then awarded full custody to the girlfriend’s parents so now he can’t see his kid at all.

I believe their intent is to try to define lowers in a way that it doesn’t take just a basic machine tool to turn it from not a gun into a functioning gun?
How long until 3D printing technology gets to a point where all these laws no longer matter?

How long until 3D printing technology gets to a point where all these laws no longer matter?

Pretty damn soon.

There already some pretty amazing prototypes that can withstand quite a bit of abuse.

I’m not up to date on how strong the plastic they can print with at home printers are.

I know there’s no way in hell I’d shoot something that came off my printer with the normal PLA plastic. I’d be in ER missing fingers as it blew up in my hand.

Can you fully machine lowers from a block of aluminum or just finish 80%?

You can finish 80% for both AR15 and AR10 as well as 1911s, Polymer80s and AKs now (but you have to buy the jigs). Plus via 3rd party compatibility you can engrave and skeletonize.

You can finish 80% for both AR15 and AR10 as well as 1911s, Polymer80s and AKs now (but you have to buy the jigs). Plus via 3rd party compatibility you can engrave and skeletonize.

Ahh ok, that doesn't interest me that much tbh. I'd probably use it once.

Ahh ok, that doesn't interest me that much tbh. I'd probably use it once.

Would definitely need to get an 07 FFL to make it worth spending that much I'd imagine.

Have you found anything that would mill something from scratch that isn't a cheap 3D printer?

Back