Law 'Ghost gun' crackdown proposal issued by Department of Justice

That’s not why vehicles have vin numbers.

I know. Vehicles also aren't covered under the 2nd amendment.

That’s still not the point. Wanna try for a 3rd?

Why do vehicles have vin numbers?

What is the point? I'm imagining it's still not applicable to guns, but let's hear it.

You know who owns the gun?

What gun?

Turning back to the second amendment is exactly what you doing in this case, it directly pertains to firearms you pussy. No one knows who owns the guns, as there's no database in America for that at present. But I'm sure you knew that, that's why you were talking about vin numbers :rolleyes:

Wrong. Thank you for walking with me down the path of knowledge. The gun control act of 1968 required gun manufacturers to place unique serial numbers on all firearms and to record the name of the purchaser to the gun. Therefore allowing law enforcement to identify a gun to an owner so that if it is used in the act of a crime and the weapon is recovered it can be traced to the owner. How else do you think they link guns to murderers if all they have is a gun?

There is a database. It’s in paper form right now and the NRA has been fighting for decades not to allow the government to modernize those systems.

Great. Someone who’s so clueless about serial numbers on guns and the law is going to smirk at me for schooling him. You look really good here.

A database, by definition, is information that's stored and accessed via a computer. If you can't do that, it's not a database.

You keep swinging and missing.

Wow. You must be a Millennial. You do know that things existed before computers? Like the DMV had a database for licenses. A phone book (the paper kind) is a type of paper database.

https://prezi.com/z2yaecv-haq6/computer-vs-paper-based-databases/

I guess the Oxford definition is wrong then.

Anyways, in order for the federal government to receive records of firearms that are owned by an individual, the company or FFL they received the firearm from must not be in business anymore, thereby legally turning their paper records over to the ATF, where they are stored in hundreds of shipping containers somewhere in North Dakota I believe. IIRC, two new containers show up every week. But if that's your definition of a database, then yeah, the government can just run your serial number on your gun and immediately solve the crime
<{Heymansnicker}>
That's companies that are out of business btw, so if you got your AR from Walmart, the government doesn't know about it, yet

I already made mention to this antiquated system the NRA seems is very for the American government to maintain this way. Regardless, now you know something you didn’t last week.

You didn't teach me anything, I just bent you over and you are still strutting around like you're some fucking genius on the topic, acting like you had some ace in the hole that was a splat on the floor. Your original post compared the DMVs database to guns in America, which I pointed out was wrong, and you're going "haha taught you!".

Have some self awareness, you retard.

That’s what you took from this? Your utter ignorance about database, their usage. My original post mention 0 about the DMV. But how could I expect someone of your very limited ability remember as far back as yesterday? My original point an what this thread is about are serial numbers on guns, why they are important and better yet how they have 0 to do with the second amendment. You keep talking in circles, you have no idea what you’ve even replied to or how extremely idiotic you keep looking.

Until this post, you had no idea about any of this so your ungrateful ass is welcome.

Keep going though, you’re bound to make a point eventually.

Well, you're wrong about databases lol which was my original point.

You don’t even have a point. Wtf are you talking about.

Here junior, since you ever getting a clue is impossible, you started this entire dialogue by replying to me first. No where do you talk about databases.

That is your first reply to me.

In fact, I brought up databases and how gun owner/serial numbers are recorded because of the Gun Act of 1968 due to the assassination of Kennedy. You had no idea there are such things as paper database. As if the word and usage only began with the invention of computers. You keep flailing and it’s pathetic. Grab your shit and leave, you’ve got nothing for me but circular bullshit that you can’t even keep straight.

So much fucking cringe and just bad reading skills. Do you even have a clue just how dumb you look here?

You don’t even have a point. Wtf are you talking about.

Here junior, since you ever getting a clue is impossible, you started this entire dialogue by replying to me first. No where do you talk about databases.

That is your first reply to me.

In fact, I brought up databases and how gun owner/serial numbers are recorded because of the Gun Act of 1968 due to the assassination of Kennedy. You had no idea there are such things as paper database. As if the word and usage only began with the invention of computers. You keep flailing and it’s pathetic. Grab your shit and leave, you’ve got nothing for me but circular bullshit that you can’t even keep straight.
My first post was pointing out the reasons that cars are regulated more strictly than guns. I'm well aware that guns have serial numbers, they have to in order to sell them legally. I explained that there wasn't wasn't database, you said there was. By the definition of database, it needs to be able to be accessed via multiple methods, electronically.

My first post was pointing out the reasons that cars are regulated more strictly than guns. I'm well aware that guns have serial numbers, they have to in order to sell them legally. I explained that there wasn't wasn't database, you said there was. By the definition of database, it needs to be able to be accessed via multiple methods, electronically.

A paper database, also called an archive, is kind of a useless semantic nitpick you would expect from a gun dork.

You claiming to know anything at this point when your responses show otherwise? Lol.

A paper database, also called an archive, is kind of a useless semantic nitpick you would expect from a gun dork.
Yeah, that useless semantic is actually a big deal but keep thinking that not knowing definitions of legal terms will win you court battles.

Mr. 30 Cal Ghost gun over here wondering why people are laughing at him.

Yeah, that useless semantic is actually a big deal but keep thinking that not knowing definitions of legal terms will win you court battles.

Mr. 30 Cal Ghost gun over here wondering why people are laughing at him.

A database is a legal term now?

They are attempting to fundamentally change the definition of a firearm. You better have a problem with it, unless you're ok with an ar15 being classified as 4+ different firearms

Why should I care if an AR is classified as 4+ different firearms?

You have no idea what a database is and there is one. That fact you still keep going on about this shows me all I need.
*Hundreds of shipping containers in the Midwest, full of millions of paper files, not recording private sales*
"Yep, dig into the database"

Back