Georges St-Pierre: I wasn't motivated for Johny Hendricks fight

I'm a GSP fan, thought Hendricks won their fight, but I believe his excuse.

GSP won the fight, no need for excuses, just reasons for why he left the sport.

Sounds like GSP got burned out from the grind.

See I'm a huge fan of Georges, but whenever a fighter comes out with these BS excuses it discredits them a little. At the end of the day if you weren't motivated, pull out of the fight. I'm sure if he really wasn't motivated Faris would have told GSP to pull out of the fight. This happens all the time with fighters, they'll just get 'injured'.

Georges you were a great champ but everybody's prime ends at some point.

I hate how people have to love one fighter but then hate on another fighter. I hate how some fans of Anderson Silva have to disrespect GSP, and vice versa. With all the talk we used to hear about how "GOATs finish fights" and all that crap, I'm glad how it turned out with GSP and Silva. Silva ultimately paid for his reckless style and was punished badly by Weidman, and GSP went out on top like he should have.

But yet, to me at least, Anderson still has that mystique about him, because both of his losses had such insane and unusual finishes, you can't help but wonder if Silva was on his way to winning the first Weidman fight, and the way people were talking about Anderson's leg kicks on Weidman, after the first fight but before the second fight, talking about how that was one of the areas Weidman had a weakness. Then Weidman fixes that weakness and, possibly because of poor technique by Silva, breaks his goddamn leg in half. So epic.

GSP is not making excuses. The guy doesn't have to make excuses, he's a legend and the Greatest Fighter of All Time. He only lost twice, earlier on in his career and avenged both losses brutally. You simply can't deny it. If there was no time limit, GSP would finish every one of his opponents eventually, he just fights smart and dominates. The Hendricks fight is one of the greatest fights of all time and it was a war. GSP was looking for that right high kick and landed it quite a few times, Hendricks just has a granite chin, GSP also almost subbed him at the beginning of the fight and right at the end with the kimura.

Fuck GSP haters/

I don't actually recall seeing that in the original bout. Care to elaborate?

He doesn't need an excuse for anything. He winter fucking fight.eanwhile, Hendricks had every excuse you can imagine. It's obvious that GSP is a real champ.

But not against a guy that was extremely highly touted and his most deserving challenger yet? Riiiight :icon_lol:

Nearly every challenger is "highly touted." Being a champ is an endless cycle of fighting the best guys in the world, which is why on average, people don't tend to hold the strap that long.

It's completely plausible for him to lack motivation considering he had gone through so many championship training camps...takes a special individual to do what he did.

Nearly every challenger is "highly touted." Being a champ is an endless cycle of fighting the best guys in the world, which is why on average, people don't tend to hold the strap that long.

It's completely plausible for him to lack motivation considering he had gone through so many championship training camps...takes a special individual to do what he did.

Not as accomplished as Hendricks, who had 4 top 10 wins in a row. It's a bullshit excuse he's using to justify his gifted win, plain and simple.

Condit has a much much better record (legendary even) and was definitely GSP's most deserving challenger. Maybe not the greatest threat but deserving as fuck.

Hendricks came in off a string of shitty SDs.

So Condit was the most deserving (he wasn't) but the guy who had just beaten him wasn't?

How is Condit's record legendary? His best wins are a boring decision win over Diaz and a comeback win against Rory.

Not as accomplished as Hendricks, who had 4 top 10 wins in a row. It's a bullshit excuse he's using to justify his gifted win, plain and simple.

GSP clearly stated before the diaz fight that he felt that Johny lost to Kos. Your argument is invalid.

And just a reminder for you : Even if GSP lost the decision to Hendricks, the loss would not have been nearly as bad as the most humiliating defeat in mma history that your boy Silva suffered at the hands of Weidman.

Dude, everyone had wins over top opposition to warrant a title shot against GSP, except for Serra...and probably Dan Hardy (even though Swick was a top WW at time he lost to Hardy).

Bottom line, every guy is the "the next unstoppable contender." It's the curse of being champion. Let's say GSP dominated Hendricks. Then people would talk about how Hector Lombard is the guy. If GSP beats him, then Tyron Woodley would be the guy...then Robbie Lawler. It never ends.

Firas Zahabi harped on this at the Gentlemen's Expo last year.

He said that so it wouldn't look like he was blatantly avoiding him

Or maybe because he felt he lost to Kos who has extremely similar style and had absolutely no problem dealing with for 2 fights?

GSP never avoided anyone. Name me a top WW who clearly earned a title shot and never got it from GSP.

Anyone with half a brain could tell he was ready to go before the Big Rig fight. I can understand you boys being jelly but c'mon man prove you got some wrinkles on your brain.

Or maybe because he felt he lost to Kos who has extremely similar style and had absolutely no problem dealing with for 2 fights?

GSP never avoided anyone. Name me a top WW who clearly earned a title shot and never got it from GSP.

Kos and GSP aren't that similar and that's just retarded

Lol Hendricks had to rack up 4 top 10 wins just to get a title shot. No challenger preceding him had to do that.

Lol Hendricks had to rack up 4 top 10 wins just to get a title shot. No challenger preceding him had to do that.

That's not what he requested of you, no one is denying that Hendricks deserved the title shot.

That's not what he requested of you, no one is denying that Hendricks deserved the title shot.

That's the point, he should've 'deserved it' when he beat Koscheck. Or when he knocked out Kampmann. Instead, he had to fight again while GSP fought Diaz, a stylistically favorable match-up coming out of retirement.

That's the point, he should've 'deserved it' when he beat Koscheck. Or when he knocked out Kampmann. Instead, he had to fight again while GSP fought Diaz, a stylistically favorable match-up coming out of retirement.

GSP still ended up fighting Hendricks, your point is irrelevant. GSP fights whoever the UFC want him to, they wanted to make the "money" fight before the Hendricks fight. Name one guy that deserved a title shot that GSP didn't fight.

Back