Georges St-Pierre: I wasn't motivated for Johny Hendricks fight

Wow, what a lame excuse. So he was hungry for Condit and Diaz (two men with shit wrestling) but all of a sudden became 'unmotivated' against Hendricks? :redface:

It's not as if he was saying that he was motivated BECAUSE it was Condit and Diaz, and not so much with Hendricks. He even said that the motivation was less for Diaz, so we're talking about a general sense of the grind finally getting to him.

Before the Hendricks fight, there was already talk about him retiring after. Where did that come from? If he was as fired up and motivated as ever, then that wouldn't even be a rumor. After the fight, he talked about having to deal with a lot of other BS in his life, which means lower focus and motivation.

I don't think anything he said here is anything we didn't already know.

My gripe is that he is making excuses. Zahabi had denied retirement rumors and GSP insinuated he had plan for a superfight.

Shut up you piece of shit. Your gripe is that he's GSP and you hate him like he dated your mother. Worst poster ever on sherdog. Banned multiple times for bashing GSP. Get out of here.

GSp has been having motivation issues for a while. Theres an old Firas interview where he said they constantly needed GSP to go train with new peoples all around the world (example he went to thailand multiple times) or constantly need to bring new peoples to train with for his training camps in order to stay motivated. I think that interview was before his first knee injury.

I hate how people have to love one fighter but then hate on another fighter. I hate how some fans of Anderson Silva have to disrespect GSP, and vice versa. With all the talk we used to hear about how "GOATs finish fights" and all that crap, I'm glad how it turned out with GSP and Silva. Silva ultimately paid for his reckless style and was punished badly by Weidman, and GSP went out on top like he should have.

But yet, to me at least, Anderson still has that mystique about him, because both of his losses had such insane and unusual finishes, you can't help but wonder if Silva was on his way to winning the first Weidman fight, and the way people were talking about Anderson's leg kicks on Weidman, after the first fight but before the second fight, talking about how that was one of the areas Weidman had a weakness. Then Weidman fixes that weakness and, possibly because of poor technique by Silva, breaks his goddamn leg in half. So epic.

GSP is not making excuses. The guy doesn't have to make excuses, he's a legend and the Greatest Fighter of All Time. He only lost twice, earlier on in his career and avenged both losses brutally. You simply can't deny it. If there was no time limit, GSP would finish every one of his opponents eventually, he just fights smart and dominates. The Hendricks fight is one of the greatest fights of all time and it was a war. GSP was looking for that right high kick and landed it quite a few times, Hendricks just has a granite chin, GSP also almost subbed him at the beginning of the fight and right at the end with the kimura.

Fuck GSP haters/

This guy just won't go away, the welterweight division is exciting as it is right now. We don't need dry humpers in this division, hell even Dong and Woodley evolved and goes for the kill.

If he isn't such a draw, I swear he'll receive the Fitch/Shields treatment IMO

But not against a guy that was extremely highly touted and his most deserving challenger yet? Riiiight :icon_lol:

In retrospect, yeah his most deserving challenger, but definitely not during the buildup. Not too many people at all were expecting Hendricks to do as well as he did.

You got to be kidding me!? GSP: "Im obsessed with beating Jonny Hendricks. Im obsessed"...but Im not motivated...

Yes I've read/heard the quotes, but where I come from "you got to be kidding me?" isn't a solid argument.

Jimmies rustle alert. Pretty fucking stupid to conveniently whine "excuses" cus you are bitter about the decision vs Hendricks. Using my brain, which i can recommend for some people ITT who are not, It's very obvious his head wasn't in it at the end.

70% Hendricks = unmotivated GSP

GSP is a genius at mental warfare

if a fighter says anything after a fight = excuses

GSP says something after a fight = genius

yous guys. to wait all this time & come out with something like this? sounds like he's gotten to.

yous guys. to wait all this time & come out with something like this? sounds like he's gotten to.

The thing is, you Shertards don't seem to understand what Hendricks meant about going 70%.

He was throwing 70% power in his punches in order to conserve energy because it was a 5 round war. He throws punches every day of his life, he knows how to gauge his power, if he just went all out throwing bombs he probably would have gassed horribly, so he threw with less power to conserve energy.

How hard is that to understand? Apparently, very hard for the morons who post on this website.

Edit: Meant to quote the other guy. But uh yeah.

Last edited:
gsp is done. any wrestler who suffers major knee injuries is never the same.. Kid is a prime example and even gsp himself didnt have the same explosion, now going on his second surgery i just dont see how he will compete at the upper echelon..

The thing is, you Shertards don't seem to understand what Hendricks meant about going 70%.

He was throwing 70% power in his punches in order to conserve energy because it was a 5 round war. He throws punches every day of his life, he knows how to gauge his power, if he just went all out throwing bombs he probably would have gassed horribly, so he threw with less power to conserve energy.

How hard is that to understand? Apparently, very hard for the morons who post on this website.

Edit: Meant to quote the other guy. But uh yeah.

Pacing yourself is actually frowned upon on Sherdog.

Pacing is absolutely necessary and is part of a winning strategy, but you can't intelligently discuss these things here.

this

GSP stating that he was thinking about Johny Endricks while taking a shower. That sounds pretty motivated to me.

Pretty sure the comment you are responding to was meant in jest.

But not against a guy that was extremely highly touted and his most deserving challenger yet? Riiiight :icon_lol:

Well he had already decided he was going to retire before the fight so yeah I believe he wasn't very motivated before the fight

I am surprised the challenge that Johny gave him didn't light a fire under him but hey it's his choice

Back