Georges St-Pierre: I wasn't motivated for Johny Hendricks fight

That's the point, he should've 'deserved it' when he beat Koscheck. Or when he knocked out Kampmann. Instead, he had to fight again while GSP fought Diaz, a stylistically favorable match-up coming out of retirement.

Not gonna lie, I had Hendricks losing to both Kos and Pierce. Don't act like he was dominant in those fights. However, I am inclined to agree that he was deserving of the title fight much earlier.

Not gonna lie, I had Hendricks losing to both Kos and Pierce. Don't act like he was dominant in those fights. However, I am inclined to agree that he was deserving of the title fight much earlier.
He looked bad against Kos because he was poked in the eye badly in the 1st round. He didn't really recover until the 2nd round, but it was a close fight. Statistically, they both favor Hendricks. Glad you can agree to that.

But not against a guy that was extremely highly touted and his most deserving challenger yet? Riiiight :icon_lol:

Motivation is from within. Yes, it can be derived from your opponent but for a veteran like GSP, his motivational problems were all, clearly, with himself; his everyday life and training. At that level, it's not just quality of opponent that is a motivating factor - there are hundreds of variables required to keep the correct motivation through a gruelling camp. GSP is being honest in saying he wasn't 100% motivated for that fight. I don't see how that is so hard to fathom.

Kos and GSP aren't that similar and that's just retarded

Lol Hendricks had to rack up 4 top 10 wins just to get a title shot. No challenger preceding him had to do that.

I meant Kos and Hendricks are very similar you retard.

He looked bad against Kos because he was poked in the eye badly in the 1st round. He didn't really recover until the 2nd round, but it was a close fight. Statistically, they both favor Hendricks. Glad you can agree to that.

You're such an hypocrite. Ive seen you countless of times discrediting GSP's performance against Shields and how he lost rounds. You never accepted the multiple eye pokes excuse yet you act like the only reason Hendricks fight against Kos was close is that one eye poke.

Does anybody really think that GSP lies about his excuses?

It would be sad to go through life never being able to believe
someone that honest.

You're such an hypocrite. Ive seen you countless of times discrediting GSP's performance against Shields and how he lost rounds. You never accepted the multiple eye pokes excuse yet you act like the only reason Hendricks fight against Kos was close is that one eye poke.

I've always acknowledged Shields' eyepokes in their fight. GSP's hands still looked like shit even preceding most of the eyepokes. Yes, he was poked in the eye and the ref didn't notice, and Kos swarmed, landing combinations with Hendricks against the cage. Of course it makes the fight look a lot closer than it was.

If any other fighter said this it would be an excuse.

But since it's GSP, it's honesty.

Comedy.

Looks like BJ's lost his 'motivated' moniker to GSP.

if he aint motivated anymore then it's good he retired.

I thought GSP's prior excuse for his performance in the Hendricks bout was that he had a fever. Nevermind, that was the Diaz fight.

Last edited:
It doesn't take anything away from Hendricks that he wasn't motivated. Still, he shouldn't have said shit. It's kinda douchey. Whatever, it's not like Hendricks was classy in defeat.

I believe it, but it sounds kinda funny after all that obsession talk. I hope GSP stays retired. It was a great career.

Gsp got his ass beat and could not take JH down like he wanted.

Back