Georges St-Pierre: I wasn't motivated for Johny Hendricks fight

Fight hype and truth aren't necessarily the same thing either.

Seeing someone say "but he said this in the videos leading up to the fight" kind of makes you think that person gets shocked every time Dana says something that isn't true.

This too. It's not like GSP was gonna say "well I'm not really motivated for this fight, in fact I'm probably gonna retire after".

Not motivated by a guy who implied he's on roids because "Word of mouth is powerful."? Sounds like baloney.

Mma has an awful epidemic of unmotivated fighters seemingly. I wonder to myself how somebody can be unmotivated for an activity where your opponent is trying to punch and kick you repeatedly. I have to conclude that mma has a disproportionate amount of masochists. This is just their agreed upon excuse to cover it up.

If he can't get it up for a title fight, that's his own failure. A not so wise man (Vitor Belfort) once said something to the effect of "the only thing you can control is your own effort".

If he can't get it up for a title fight, that's his own failure. A not so wise man (Vitor Belfort) once said something to the effect of "the only thing you can control is your own effort".

Well when you've been champion for 6 years and been involved in 14 world title fights, it's not quite that simple.

You know, as horrendously fickle and vulgar as MMA fans can be, GSP makes me feel like he's trying to be as real as possible now that he's out of the game and I have a lot of hope that his statements are truthful. It seems that he knew what he needed to say while he was champ. He lost the fire and everyone knew it.

brazilian fighter makes and excuse- sherdog calls bullshit and explodes, and then insults Dana White

GSP makes an excuse- everyone on sherdog jump to aid his nuts, and then insult dana white

Yeah, I wasn't motivated either when I got my ass kicked in 2nd grade.

Mma has an awful epidemic of unmotivated fighters seemingly. I wonder to myself how somebody can be unmotivated for an activity where your opponent is trying to punch and kick you repeatedly. I have to conclude that mma has a disproportionate amount of masochists. This is just their agreed upon excuse to cover it up.

How? Easy, after reigning the division for years and dismantling every single opponent put in front of him. Not hard to believe that he has lost some fire ad motivation in the game.

brazilian fighter makes and excuse- sherdog calls bullshit and explodes, and then insults Dana White

GSP makes an excuse- everyone on sherdog jump to aid his nuts, and then insult dana white

Source on that it's the same people doing this? Or is it just empty rhetoric?

Sorry, I just don't see the part where GSP excused his performance by saying he wasn't as motivated as he has been before.

From my point of view, he's merely explaining his reasoning behind stepping away from MMA, and what needs to change for him to make a comeback. Has nothing to do with excusing how he performed against Hendricks.

If GSP was demotivated then he was only going 70% which means it was a fair fight against a 70% Hendricks. I hope to see GSP come back motivated but then he'll run into 100% Hendricks so it's not gonna get any easier for GSP.

roflbot.jpg

Other fighters make excuses when they lose. GSP when he wins. That says it all...

He knows he lost the fight and is now making excuses as to why.

Back