Georges St-Pierre: I wasn't motivated for Johny Hendricks fight

Wow, what a lame excuse. So he was hungry for Condit and Diaz (two men with shit wrestling) but all of a sudden became 'unmotivated' against Hendricks? :redface:

You don't think those things are real problems that fighters deal with? There is no mental aspect to being a highly successful athlete on a world stage at the highest level? I guess in your mind, it's like clocking in to a simple 9-5? Wait a sec, people typically don't even get motivated for that. So, he has to do something that in many ways is infinitely harder and keep up the 100% drive it takes to remain dominant for so long without letting it even flag for one fight, over the course of years, for him to live up to your standards? Start calling it lame when you have stood atop a division in the UFC as long. Until then, don't act like for one second you know what you are talking about.

That GSP..... always making excuses for fights he wins.

Most of you guys are looking for a reason to shit on this guy.

Truth is, he was going to retire after that fight. Motivation was the reason.

Sherdog is going to minimize the comment and sensationalize it. He wasn't speaking strictly about the Hendricks fight, he speaking about his chances about coming back into the cage, and the point is he is not until his fire is lit.

You guys are going to turn this as nasty as possible. MMA fans are the worst.

really good post.

the only thing I disagree with is the "MMA fans are the worst". IMO - it is easy to get depressed on Sherdog having to sift through the morons and haters for some good MMA discussion. But Sherdog isn't representative of the "general MMA" fan that I meet at events

Gotta get that motivation back.

Cue "Eye of the Tiger" as GSP walks into a run down gym in South L.A. with Apollo Creed.

It's still an excuse and most fighters would get ripped apart for it. But not GSP because, well, he's GSP and most people love GSP, aside from his haters.

Also inb4 it's not an excuse because he won. That's fucking stupid.

I'm not buying it. He was definitely motivated. They were talking plenty of trash and the whole wada/nada/or whatever they are called steroid situation got both guys heated.

Most of you guys are looking for a reason to shit on this guy.

Truth is, he was going to retire after that fight. Motivation was the reason.

Sherdog is going to minimize the comment and sensationalize it. He wasn't speaking strictly about the Hendricks fight, he speaking about his chances about coming back into the cage, and the point is he is not until his fire is lit.

You guys are going to turn this as nasty as possible. MMA fans are the worst.

Anybody that does is a troll.

It's not hard to see where GSP was coming from in this interview.

I'm not buying it. He was definitely motivated. They were talking plenty of trash and the whole wada/nada/or whatever they are called steroid situation got both guys heated.

I don't think GSP ever gets "heated"

If Diaz couldn't piss him off, nobody can IMO, lol.

I don't think GSP ever gets "heated"

If Diaz couldn't piss him off, nobody can IMO, lol.

Oh but Diaz did piss him off. Enough to allow Diaz to jump the line and get the title shot.

Back