General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

the leech at +360 vs Khamzat is absolutely nuts. I have never bet this much on such a big underdog before.
I find myself tempted to put something on Li as well, if only because of Khamzat nearly retiring, but this is a fight where I wouldn't put too much on either party.

Khamzat because he is unproven and, as mentioned before, is coming off a brief retirement plus a rough bout with covid, and Li because he's had issues with guys that are more than strikers. The only way Is see Jingliang winning is if Chimaev gasses himself trying to get an early finish

the leech at +360 vs Khamzat is absolutely nuts. I have never bet this much on such a big underdog before.
I wouldn't bet big on it(I will put something on Li) but the odds are for sure too wide.Despite Li having trouble with grapplers,to put such a line on a guy who hasn't been tested yet and was out for some time with seriuous health issues is wrong.

That's going to be one of those plays looking back we're all going to wonder why we didn't put 10% of our bankroll on montes at +350.

I was way off on this, never thought Shields would just accept being pushed into the cage so much

That's going to be one of those plays looking back we're all going to wonder why we didn't put 10% of our bankroll on montes at +350.
The final odds were about +175 so obviously a lot of money did get thrown on Montes.

So what do we think Yan would be set as for the Sterling rematch? -400? Sterling has next to no chance lol <Lmaoo>

In a couple weeks I like

Rothwell -170
Baeza -140
Calvillo +100

So what do we think Yan would be set as for the Sterling rematch? -400? Sterling has next to no chance lol <Lmaoo>
Fair odds. Yan too strong as a defensive grappler and sterling has less finishing upside with strikes compared to sandhagen, sterling ptv is a volume decision over 5 rounds which is asking too much. I'm not sure yan would even start slow like he normally would since he already fought sterling before and knows what he's about for the most part.

I don’t like Roth well vs just about anybody these days.

agree on the others
I agree with your Rothwell sentiment, but this is a good stylistic matchup for him. Besides the Sosoli win who isn't that great to begin with, Lima has been relying on wrestling to win since moving up to HW, iirc. Rothwell is hard to takedown, has a good chin and is a true, big HW. Also, Lima always loses to step ups in competition to guys like Rothwell. Lima beats cans and loses to any semi decent competition. Lima really doesn't have any wins against decent competition in the UFC and is kind of a quitter

I agree with your Rothwell sentiment, but this is a good stylistic matchup for him. Besides the Sosoli win who isn't that great to begin with, Lima has been relying on wrestling to win since moving up to HW, iirc. Rothwell is hard to takedown and has a good chin. Also, Lima always loses to step ups in competition to guys like Rothwell. Lima beats cans and loses to any semi decent competition. Lima really doesn't have any wins against decent competition in the UFC and is kind of a quitter
Rothwell just seems to be regressing at a high rate. He’s so low volume and plodding and his cardio is falling off. I can’t pay the chalk for him

you thinking baeza takes khaos down?
Haven’t bet that one yet but I’m leaning towards plying him.

Great odds for calvillo imo vs the very hittable lee

Rothwell just seems to be regressing at a high rate. He’s so low volume and plodding and his cardio is falling off. I can’t pay the chalk for him

Yep, I think Baeza can/will take him down and can definitely hold his own, if not win the striking

There's no way I could lay a penny on Rothwell. I definitely think he wins, but I can't think of a single line I'd play. It's a bad 265 fight with old guys and could go any number of ways. Very easy pass.

Baeza better take Khaos down as his chin might not hold up. Ponzinibbio exposed him and didn't even look that great. Khaos is kinda slow, but he has power so if he races forward with punches he could definitely catch Baeza and finish him. Khaos TKO might be good.

Agree on Calvillo. Could be close, but I'm not backing a Nazi lover who stands in the pocket trading then backs off AFTER getting hit. Lee is stationary enough when she strikes that Calvillo should be able to get takedowns.

Anyone know anywhere to bet on Submission Underground grappling? Bodog / Bovada is the only one I've ever seen have lines, none this week though. Possibly draft kings or fan duel, can any Americans confirm?

Anyways, betting against Kevin Lee tonight is probably a good bet depending on the odds lol :D

Anyone know anywhere to bet on Submission Underground grappling? Bodog / Bovada is the only one I've ever seen have lines, none this week though. Possibly draft kings or fan duel, can any Americans confirm?

Anyways, betting against Kevin Lee tonight is probably a good bet depending on the odds lol :D

I know this is late, but Betway has them. They also have live betting for it as well.

I really like pinheiro vs 40 yr old penne. Pinheiro is a former Judoka champ of Brazil (2015). She has great physical attributes and completely dominated Markos until she got illegally headkicked in the face. I like that she has a grappling foundation and will not gas out when it gets to the mat. She has really fast hands and amazing judo takedowns. Penne is a tough out for your 2nd fight but she has got all the advantages here. She hasn't been out of the first round in her last 8 fights and she doesn't have a great deal of mma experience so that is a bit of a concern. Judokas can generally dig very deep though so I am not too concerned about her gastank. At -130 I really like her here. I am on the Pinheiro hype train until the wheels fall off.

Who is Denys Bondar and why is he -270 against Malcolm Gordon? Perplexing line to me.

Daukaus @ -120 vs Lewis seems like a great play.

Big step up in competition for Chris, but Lewis is on the tail end of his career.

He just got paid a bag to fight in his hometown in a title fight. His motivation probably isn't there anymore, he owns so many cars and is so well off because of his activity, and plethora of POTN bonuses.

I think Chris is technically sounder on the feet, and if he can drag Lewis down, he'll have a huge advantage. Lewis always has a chance to KO him, but I think Daukaus is smart enough to create a gameplan around that.

Back