• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gane owning Aspinall: "I'll see you in September, stop tripping"

First of all dummy, myself and the other posters are not disagreeing with your point that fighters aren't perfect and if they make a mistake it shouldn't be held against them too much. Most people know that. We're disagreeing with you saying over and over that Tom was wobbled and rocked, which he wasn't.

And I'm saying the comparison you made with Tai and Tom by making it sound like it's comparable is not a good comparison. One guy got hit and dropped and continue to get hit. Tom got hit and it had no affect on him. If you can't see that there is something off with you. What happened to Tom is not anything to criticize. He got hit like any other fighter. It's like criticinzing someone for taking a leg or body kick.

And BTW, Tom got hit with a left hook, the follow up missed and Tom moved around and didn't let Sergei get any follow up shots. Perhaps watch the actual sequence before running your mouth.
I'm not comparing ANYTHING. I don't know why you're not understand this dude lol. I'll try one more time. I said Gane is the best defensive striker in the division followed by Tom, Yes Gane got dropped by Tuivasa and Tom got rocked by Sergei, but shit happens and no one can be perfect all the time. I'm literally saying that both Gane and Tom both have the best striking defense in the division and that them getting knocked or wobbled does not change that fact. Even if Tom did not get rocked my point was that he got hit.

Imo Tom is more durable than either of them, and skilled too. Not to mention that, even if Cyril was able to get the edge on the feet, Tom has his grappling in his back pocket, something that neither Derrick nor Tai had.

But the biggest difference is this: BB and Tai have a combined 10 TKO losses between them, and only 4 decision losses overall. When they lose, they usually get finished.
I don't think we've seen enough of Tom to say if he's more durable or not. Tuivasa is a pretty hard dude to finish on the feet and took Gane a long time to finally break down. He also didn't go down right away from Sergei either and went down fighting. Yeah but that's more to do with their fighting style than anything else. It doesn't mean they still aren't tough. Tom does not stand and bang like them so we'll never know if he would or wouldn't get finished as many times if he fought like them.

Last edited:
Who is to say Gane couldn't still finish Tom? Derrick Lewis and Tuivasa hit harder than Gane yet he still finished them. KO power isn't everything. Yeah Gane might not be able to 1 punch KO anyone but he knows how to break people down and make them quit in the stand up and that's an ability I think not enough people give respect to.
Lol do you actually think Gane finishing Lewis and Tuivasa is evidence he can finish Aspinall? Aspinall has finished way better fighters than those two.

I'm not comparing ANYTHING. I don't know why you're not understand this dude lol. I'll try one more time. I said Gane is the best defensive striker in the division followed by Tom, Yes Gane got dropped by Tuivasa and Tom got rocked by Sergei, but shit happens and no one can be perfect all the time. I'm literally saying that both Gane and Tom both have the best striking defense in the division and that them getting knocked or wobbled does not change that fact.

You're trying to make a point using something that never happened. That is the problem my friend. Gane got dropped, Tom never got rocked or wobbled.

And most of what we're disagreeing with you is about you saying Tom got rocked.

Just because he wore it well doesn't mean he wasn't rocked.
No, being rocked means it has effected his ability in the immediate aftermath, which it didn't

Just because you said he was rocked doesn't mean he was rocked.

You're trying to make a point using something that never happened. That is the problem my friend. Gane got dropped, Tom never got rocked or wobbled.

It really comes off like someone who misremembered something, and they not only realized they were wrong on it, but also realized it doesn't matter if they were, cuz they can kinda just BS an answer that comes off unprovably wrong.

" 'Rocking' doesn't mean they got rocked in any way that we're able to see or determine, despite that being the way everyone has understood it for ages, so I'm fine saying he got rocked because I can still be right without anyone showing me evidence it didn't happen, because I've already said that evidence doesn't matter. "

What's blaydes's best win?
The "stoppage" over aspinall?

Imo gane's win over spivac is equal to blayde's win over almeida.
Blaydes lost to lewis twice and gane steamrolled him though
Lol thanks for bringing up the Aspinall win. I wasn't going to count that but since you brought it up...Gane's best win is actually Volkov, who Blaydes also beat. Yet he keeps getting offered title fights because of Dana White privilege.
Blaydes beat Overeem fresh off the Stipe loss, when Overeem was still beating the likes of Hunt, Werdum, Pavlovich, and Olenick. I think that's a pretty overlooked win of Curtis', frankly.

Last edited:
gane is fading into irrelavancy. he either fights cans or title shots where he loses everytime. now with there being a couple more fighters that can maybe make a flight of stairs, he's not guaranteed those christmas packaged title shots anymore

scummvm00854.png

Good News if this and other fights go down -- Get the fighter herd fighting in the Cage, Repeat.

I care less and less about the Order and time wasting ideal match-ups on paper.

Shit-talk is better sorted in the Cage.

Do you even understand my initial argument? I'm most certain you fucking don't. I said that Gane has the best striking defense in the division followed by Tom. Then I said yes, Gane got sat down by Tuivasa but Tom got wobbled by Sergei and no one is perfect so shit happens. The entire point of my post was to say that just because someone gets hit or dropped by something once in a blue moon it does not mean they aren't good at what they are good at. My talking point was never about someone being better than the other because they ate a shot better like you seem to thing for whatever reason. Turn your brain on dude. You were born with a brain, use it. Take some time to think about what I'm saying please instead of just typing shit.

Yeah he slipped 3 punches after blocking 2 with his face. Yeah he showed no ill effects because he wore it. What do you think wore it well means?

Just because he wore it well doesn't mean he wasn't rocked.
I know what “wobbled” means and you only obviously don’t. You don’t dodge a combo like Tom did if you’re wobbling.
If you’re rocked, it’s a visible reaction.
“Wore it well” means showed no ill effects, genius.

Who is to say Gane couldn't still finish Tom? Derrick Lewis and Tuivasa hit harder than Gane yet he still finished them. KO power isn't everything. Yeah Gane might not be able to 1 punch KO anyone but he knows how to break people down and make them quit in the stand up and that's an ability I think not enough people give respect to.
I am Gane fan but you got to understand that the reason he finishes these guys is that they are slow, relatively predictable and plodding, so he can deliver a lot of cumulative damage without getting hit in return. Especially later in the fight because their cardio suck and they become sitting duck.

He could not do that to Volkov or Ngannou.

Aspinall is the fastest HW, and the most mobile.
We don't know his cardio, a big guy that explosive and bouncy on his feet could mean he does not last long. Or maybe he does
He lost one of his early pro fights because he gassed, but it was so long ago we can't draw any conclusion.

Yes, the dude who was controlled on the ground by Ngannou and subbed by Jones in a minute is going to somehow beat Tom Aspinall lmao.

Aspinall is taking him down and doing whatever the fuck he wants. It isn't even an interesting fight unless Aspinall decides to stand with him for 25 minutes, in which case I still favor the guy with knockout power.

He lost to the goat and a coin flip fight against nganou.
Who were toms losses and how did he lose those fights?
Aspinall hasn’t fought for 8 mins but he’s going to dominate a 25 minute fight ?

The guy that was on his way to a decision loss against the ghost of Arlovski until he decided to take Arlovski down and submit him?

i was a critic of Aspinall's striking in that fight, but he's gotten better now. he has better head movement and footwork now

Imagine being mad in this thread over Tommy and Cereal 😂

He was wobbled. He just wore it well. Nice attempt to cope though.

Someone's head getting snapped back is not getting "wobbled." Backing up to the cage is not getting "wobbled".

When a fighter is wobbled, this means they momentarily lost control of their footing. This did not happen at any point in the Aspinall fight. In fact, in the very next second he was confidently using head movement and feinting counters, which caused Sergei to lose his momentum.

Even Tom himself said that punch shook him up a bit.
If Sergei Pavlovich punches you flush to the face, you are going to be shook up no matter who you are lmfao.

Tom got rocked by Sergei
Yeah he slipped 3 punches after blocking 2 with his face. Yeah he showed no ill effects because he wore it. What do you think wore it well means?

So according to you Tom "showed no ill effects", yet was also both "rocked and wobbled."

Are you mentally deficient?

Last edited:

Tom took a punch but he kept his eye on the ball and had his feet under him fine.

Not even remotely close to Gane getting rocked to all hell against Tai.

No, being rocked means it has effected his ability in the immediate aftermath, which it didn't

Just because you said he was rocked doesn't mean he was rocked.

It really comes off like someone who misremembered something, and they not only realized they were wrong on it, but also realized it doesn't matter if they were, cuz they can kinda just BS an answer that comes off unprovably wrong.

" 'Rocking' doesn't mean they got rocked in any way that we're able to see or determine, despite that being the way everyone has understood it for ages, so I'm fine saying he got rocked because I can still be right without anyone showing me evidence it didn't happen, because I've already said that evidence doesn't matter. "

Blaydes beat Overeem fresh off the Stipe loss, when Overeem was still beating the likes of Hunt, Werdum, Pavlovich, and Olenick. I think that's a pretty overlooked win of Curtis', frankly.
@CatchtheseHands isn't misremembering. He's straight up lying.

He claimed that Tom said he was shook up by the punch from Pavlovich. Yet in every interview where he's been asked about about it, from immediately after the fight, to now. Tom has said the punch did not rock him or shake him at all, just dislodged his mouthpiece somewhat. The most he has said is that it was a good shot. Nothing about it hurting him in any way whatsoever.

So unless he wants to say He's a mindreader and he knows Aspinall is lying, I'm gonna have to call BS on this one. Like you said, there were no visible indicators that Aspinall was rocked after the shot. No eyes rolling back, no legs giving out, no partial or total loss of the control of his body.

Woth no visible indicators and Tom himself saying the punch wasn't an issue, I'm just gonna say it. He lying.

Lewis and Tai present 0 takedown threat. Tom does and has better movement and fluidity and mechanics than both of them combined; he’s a different fighter entirely, and not enough imbeciles like you give respect to.

Back