• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gane owning Aspinall: "I'll see you in September, stop tripping"

Gane literally just obliterated Spivak in his last fight. Spivak is a Judo black belt and combat sambo practitioner and competitor. Gane stuffed every takedown attempt with ease. Gane got tapped by jones in his only submission loss of his career. No shame in losing to the Goat people let their hate of jones cloud their logical look at Ganes skills, guy is a beast.
Gane lost to Francis and made him look like a D1 wrestler in the process.

Gane needs to win another fight. Tired of this Dana White privilege where the same guy keeps getting inserted into title shots after a single win. This BS started with Colby. Guys like Blaydes and Burns don't get the same treatment despite being equally as deserving.
Blaydes is literally fighting for the interim belt. He also had his push thwarted by losing to Ngannou/Black Beast/Sergei all by KO respectively. I like Blaydes a lot but let’s not pretend that if he had won any of those fights it wouldnt have been him contending for undisputed title at different points.

Gane lost to Francis and made him look like a D1 wrestler in the process.
As I said before Francis manhandled Stipe in the wrestling exchanges the dude is a freak of nature… Cormier wasn’t able to bully Miocic like that from those positions and Daniel is a fucking Olympic medalist, Ngannou fought Gane next fight after that domination. Ngannou and Jones are both two of the best fighters of all time, losing a close fight to Ngannou and being subbed by Jones doesn’t mean you have “white belt level grappling” as Sherdog likes to parrot.

Aspinall might be that guy, I am just not sure yet. I feel like a fight against Gane is a hell of a lot closer than people seem to think.

Dude does your brain work? Where did I make a big deal that he got rocked? look at my previous post that he was replying to. Here I even bolded it for you.

My brain works just fine.

Several times in this thread you mentioned that Tom got wobbled and rocked by Sergei. He simply didn't. Furthermore, in your first point on this you compared Tom and getting hit by Sergei to Gane getting sat down by Tai. You made the comparison insinuating that both comparable. They're not, Tom got hit and it had no affect on him and continued fighting like nothing happened, Gane got dropped and was defending follow up shots.

What you're entire argument shows is that Tom can take a shot very well and not let it affect him while Gane can go down and can make a footwork mistake. One is good, the other is bad.

Blaydes is literally fighting for the interim belt. He also had his push thwarted by losing to Ngannou/Black Beast/Sergei all by KO respectively. I like Blaydes a lot but let’s not pretend that if he had won any of those fights it wouldnt have been him contending for undisputed title at different points.
Blaydes has been on multiple winning streaks, been in the division longer than Gane, and has a win over Gane's best win. Yet never has he gotten a title shot until now. Gane has gotten 3 title shots offered to him and the only reason Blaydes is getting one now is because Gane turned the fight down. These two fighters are clearly not on equal playing fields. Only one of them has Dana White privilege. On top of all that, Gane has ducked a matchup with Blaydes.

Blaydes has been on multiple winning streaks, been in the division longer than Gane, and has a win over Gane's best win. Yet never has he gotten a title shot until now. Gane has gotten 3 title shots offered to him and the only reason Blaydes is getting one now is because Gane turned the fight down. These two fighters are clearly not on equal playing fields. Only one of them has Dana White privilege. On top of all that, Gane has ducked a matchup with Blaydes.
What's blaydes's best win?
The "stoppage" over aspinall?

Imo gane's win over spivac is equal to blayde's win over almeida.
Blaydes lost to lewis twice and gane steamrolled him though

He was wobbled. He just wore it well. Nice attempt to cope though. Even Tom himself said that punch shook him up a bit.

Newsflash!! Fighter gets hit in fight. OMG!!

You're argument is pretty flawed. Tom got hit with a punch like any other fighter gets hit, that's what happens in fights. Fighters get hit. It's how the react that matters. Tom ate the punch, shrugged it off and then finished Sergei shortly after. The punch had no effect on him or his performance.

You would have some point if the punch dropped Tom, wobbled him, or made him more hesitant. But it did nothing to him. You bringing this up actually make Tom look better like he has a great chin, you're contradicting yourself.

It’s not that hard to let everyone check for themselves. Here’s the fight, @CatchtheseHands

Where do you think that Tom got wobbled?

My brain works just fine.

Several times in this thread you mentioned that Tom got wobbled and rocked by Sergei. He simply didn't. Furthermore, in your first point on this you compared Tom and getting hit by Sergei to Gane getting sat down by Tai. You made the comparison insinuating that both comparable. They're not, Tom got hit and it had no affect on him and continued fighting like nothing happened, Gane got dropped and was defending follow up shots.

What you're entire argument shows is that Tom can take a shot very well and not let it affect him while Gane can go down and can make a footwork mistake. One is good, the other is bad.
Do you even understand my initial argument? I'm most certain you fucking don't. I said that Gane has the best striking defense in the division followed by Tom. Then I said yes, Gane got sat down by Tuivasa but Tom got wobbled by Sergei and no one is perfect so shit happens. The entire point of my post was to say that just because someone gets hit or dropped by something once in a blue moon it does not mean they aren't good at what they are good at. My talking point was never about someone being better than the other because they ate a shot better like you seem to thing for whatever reason. Turn your brain on dude. You were born with a brain, use it. Take some time to think about what I'm saying please instead of just typing shit.

He never wobbled. He literally slipped 3 punches immediately after getting hit and showed no ill effects.
You’re reaching for those grapes..
Yeah he slipped 3 punches after blocking 2 with his face. Yeah he showed no ill effects because he wore it. What do you think wore it well means?

It’s not that hard to let everyone check for themselves. Here’s the fight, @CatchtheseHands

Where do you think that Tom got wobbled?

Just because he wore it well doesn't mean he wasn't rocked.

Gane literally just obliterated Spivak in his last fight. Spivak is a Judo black belt and combat sambo practitioner and competitor. Gane stuffed every takedown attempt with ease. Gane got tapped by jones in his only submission loss of his career. No shame in losing to the Goat people let their hate of jones cloud their logical look at Ganes skills, guy is a beast.

Ngannou was the only other fighter to effectively beat Gane with a TD heavy gameplan but Ngannou is a fucking freak of nature. Let’s not forget that he just defeated Miocic by KO in a fight where he was able to do (what Olympian Cormier couldn’t) and dominate the wrestling exchanges against Stipe.
Spivak is a pretty mediocre athlete compared to Gane and Aspinall though, that's why his fights against them looked the way they did. If Cyril was a heavier puncher I'd see a path for him against Tom, but the fact that he'd have to fight a perfect fight to win makes me think that Aspinall can exploit a mistake eventually.

Tom has also put in work with Verhoeven, so that's another thing he has going for him in a fight with Cyril. Having said that, Gane needs to actually beat someone else before getting a title shot. Dude's had 2 chances already and came up short.

Spivak is a pretty mediocre athlete compared to Gane and Aspinall though, that's why his fights against them looked the way they did. If Cyril was a heavier puncher I'd see a path for him against Tom, but the fact that he'd have to fight a perfect fight to win makes me think that Aspinall can exploit a mistake eventually.

Tom has also put in work with Verhoeven, so that's another thing he has going for him in a fight with Cyril. Having said that, Gane needs to actually beat someone else before getting a title shot. Dude's had 2 chances already and came up short.
Who is to say Gane couldn't still finish Tom? Derrick Lewis and Tuivasa hit harder than Gane yet he still finished them. KO power isn't everything. Yeah Gane might not be able to 1 punch KO anyone but he knows how to break people down and make them quit in the stand up and that's an ability I think not enough people give respect to.

What's blaydes's best win?
The "stoppage" over aspinall?

Imo gane's win over spivac is equal to blayde's win over almeida.
Blaydes lost to lewis twice and gane steamrolled him though
Lol thanks for bringing up the Aspinall win. I wasn't going to count that but since you brought it up...Gane's best win is actually Volkov, who Blaydes also beat. Yet he keeps getting offered title fights because of Dana White privilege.

Who is to say Gane couldn't still finish Tom? Derrick Lewis and Tuivasa hit harder than Gane yet he still finished them. KO power isn't everything. Yeah Gane might not be able to 1 punch KO anyone but he knows how to break people down and make them quit in the stand up and that's an ability I think not enough people give respect to.
Imo Tom is more durable than either of them, and skilled too. Not to mention that, even if Cyril was able to get the edge on the feet, Tom has his grappling in his back pocket, something that neither Derrick nor Tai had.

But the biggest difference is this: BB and Tai have a combined 10 TKO losses between them, and only 4 decision losses overall. When they lose, they usually get finished.

Do you even understand my initial argument? I'm most certain you fucking don't. I said that Gane has the best striking defense in the division followed by Tom. Then I said yes, Gane got sat down by Tuivasa but Tom got wobbled by Sergei and no one is perfect so shit happens. The entire point of my post was to say that just because someone gets hit or dropped by something once in a blue moon it does not mean they aren't good at what they are good at. My talking point was never about someone being better than the other because they ate a shot better like you seem to thing for whatever reason. Turn your brain on dude. You were born with a brain, use it. Take some time to think about what I'm saying please instead of just typing shit.

Yeah he slipped 3 punches after blocking 2 with his face. Yeah he showed no ill effects because he wore it. What do you think wore it well means?

First of all dummy, myself and the other posters are not disagreeing with your point that fighters aren't perfect and if they make a mistake it shouldn't be held against them too much. Most people know that. We're disagreeing with you saying over and over that Tom was wobbled and rocked, which he wasn't.

And I'm saying the comparison you made with Tai and Tom by making it sound like it's comparable is not a good comparison. One guy got hit and dropped and continue to get hit. Tom got hit and it had no affect on him. If you can't see that there is something off with you. What happened to Tom is not anything to criticize. He got hit like any other fighter. It's like criticinzing someone for taking a leg or body kick.

And BTW, Tom got hit with a left hook, the follow up missed and Tom moved around and didn't let Sergei get any follow up shots. Perhaps watch the actual sequence before running your mouth.

Gane needs to fight Pavlovich or winner of Almeida/Romanov. If he wins that fight then he should be in talk for a title shot against Tom or Blaydes.

Back