• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones S08E05 Discussion Thread: CleganeBowl or we Riot (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Vote for Next Week's Thread Title

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Huna Matata is correct. Jon Snow can be burned. But that doesn’t matter to the writers anymore.
Stop.

They aint gonna go that far. Jon doesnt even need to be invulnerable to fire.

My thoughts on the episode:

9/10

Dany going mad has been hinted at since the very first season, anyone who did not see this twist coming has not been paying much attention. I agree the turn felt a little rushed but thats what we have gotten all season with 4 less episodes. If we had the full 10, we wouldn't have countless pages of book nerds crying because everything could have been fleshed out way better like earlier 10 episode seasons. But it is what it is. My thoughts on her turn is when she hears those bells it reminds her that everyone has betrayed her in her mind and thinks Tyrion has as well at that moment and thinks it is a trap and thats the straw that broke the camels back.

Jaime and Arya reverting back to their season 1 personalities seemed like character assassination on first thought but its the show telling us that no matter how much we may try to change, inherently we are who we always were.

Clegane Bowl lived up to the hype, best scene in the episode for sure.

Remember "The Wheel" speech from Littlefinger back in the day, it will be important to the closure of this series if I were to guess at the ending.

80 minutes left to go folks! Lets hope they kill off Dany in the first 30 and then spend the rest giving us proper closure on everyone left. I want to see Bron get HighGarden and most importantly please lord baby jesus give Bran something to make his journey worthwhile. Want to see those flashbacks of him meddling in the past, we all know it had to happen.

My thoughts on the episode:

9/10

Dany going mad has been hinted at since the very first season, anyone who did not see this twist coming has not been paying much attention. I agree the turn felt a little rushed but thats what we have gotten all season with 4 less episodes. If we had the full 10, we wouldn't have countless pages of book nerds crying because everything could have been fleshed out way better like earlier 10 episode seasons. But it is what it is. My thoughts on her turn is when she hears those bells it reminds her that everyone has betrayed her in her mind and thinks Tyrion has as well at that moment and thinks it is a trap and thats the straw that broke the camels back.

Jaime and Arya reverting back to their season 1 personalities seemed like character assassination on first thought but its the show telling us that no matter how much we may try to change, inherently we are who we always were.

Clegane Bowl lived up to the hype, best scene in the episode for sure.

Remember "The Wheel" speech from Littlefinger back in the day, it will be important to the closure of this series if I were to guess at the ending.

80 minutes left to go folks! Lets hope they kill off Dany in the first 30 and then spend the rest giving us proper closure on everyone left. I want to see Bron get HighGarden and most importantly please lord baby jesus give Bran something to make his journey worthwhile. Want to see those flashbacks of him meddling in the past, we all know it had to happen.
I think his ability to mess with the past was to make the hodor scene. Doesnt mean he will do it purposely to change the present.

Ask that exact question on google. And I bet something pops up. The music for GoT is incredible. Always has been. Especially Danys music.
Nothing so far. It looks like they've only released one song per episode, so far this season. And the two I'm looking for aren't on the list.

I knew Cersei had to die, but I just can't get over how she has a huge city (Lannisport) and a huge castle (Castley Rock) in the Lannister lands that she didn't think about evacuating to at some point. Heh.

Then again, having no contingency plans does line up well with the kind of strategy or lack of, that characters on the show have in defending cities and castles.

jm18hyoc91y21.png

lol it works
Holy fuck, that's amazing.

I knew Cersei had to die, but I just can't get over how she has a huge city (Lannisport) and a huge castle (Castley Rock) in the Lannister lands that she didn't think about evacuating to at some point. Heh.

Then again, having no contingency plans does line up well with the kind of strategy or lack of, that characters on the show have in defending cities and castles.

Is lannisport and casterly rock fire proof ? If drogon can rock 1 city he can rock 2 and then you would bitch that I cant believe that they wasted so much time in 6 episodes showing danny burn 2 cities to the ground .

Is lannisport and casterly rock fire proof ? If drogon can rock 1 city he can rock 2 and then you would bitch that I cant believe that they wasted so much time in 6 episodes showing danny burn 2 cities to the ground .

Yeah. I guess even if Lannisport had 100 Scorpions and Dragon Towers, they would all miss Dany. So it would have been a waste. But I just find it hilarious that some distant Lannister relation ended up the big winner because they sat around in in Lannisport for the past 7 years. Remember that dude that Tywin ordered to return home in Harrehall? That dude is probably now the ruler of the Westerlands. Heh.

You never know, the magic built into the wall may have temporarily negated his Targ powers.
Theres no way they can explain that without ppl turning the show off. Fuck that.

Cersei isnt smart or a stategist. Ppl just underestimate how cold blooded and murderous she is.

Yeah. I guess even if Lannisport had 100 Scorpions and Dragon Towers, they would all miss Dany.

Yea thats kind of how fiction works

People hit shit when the plot calls for it and miss the same. If fiction was real life most stories would suck balls. This is such why didnt frodo just take an eagle thinking and the answer is always the obvious because then youd have no more story to tell. Its the same reason why people in jason movies never have a gun or dont just hop in the whip and leave

But I just find it hilarious that some distant Lannister relation ended up the big winner because they sat around in in Lannisport for the past 7 years. Remember that dude that Tywin ordered to return home in Harrehall? That dude is probably now the ruler of the Westerlands. Heh.

I never thought about him again til now but yea you are probably right. Smart boys linger on the side of the battle . Book of Bobby B

That happens in the wire too with that Dope Slim Charles. By just not dying or getting arrested he makes it to the top as well

hat ability comes with the white/silver hair that every Targaryen has except for this Aegon

Im not so sure thats true either

Dannys moron brother had that ridiculous silver hair and he didnt appear to be heat resistant either . The gold killed him and that pretty little idiot burned him too

Yeah. I guess even if Lannisport had 100 Scorpions and Dragon Towers, they would all miss Dany. So it would have been a waste. But I just find it hilarious that some distant Lannister relation ended up the big winner because they sat around in in Lannisport for the past 7 years. Remember that dude that Tywin ordered to return home in Harrehall? That dude is probably now the ruler of the Westerlands. Heh.
It’s not ridiculous that the huge crossbows missed her in episode 5. It’s absurd that they didn’t in episode 4.

First of all, a dragon is not vulnerable to that type of threat, due to its scales and thick and hard “skin”. They aren’t human. And secondly, do you realize how hard it would be to hit something a hundred feet in the air, moving over a hundred miles an hour. With no electronics?!? Lol. It was absolutely insulting what happened in episode 4. You don’t see countries in the real world taking down fighter jets with ballistas or even cannons. Using humans to aim lol.

This episode was the real one. Last episode was the dumb stuff.

Think about it for a second. How hard must it be to move that ballista and aim. It’s huge. And that dragon is a hundred feet in the air moving a hundred miles an hour. It’s retarded to think it would work.

Last edited:
Yea thats kind of how fiction works

Yeah. I guess we can still hope that this whole season was Bran having a bad dream and he tells in the final scene that we didn't wait 2 years for this shit. The real final season starts next Sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back