• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones S08E05 Discussion Thread: CleganeBowl or we Riot (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Vote for Next Week's Thread Title

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That whole episode was basically what would happen if Hillary Clinton was president.

I honestly have no idea why they put them together as a romantic pairing in hindsight. Her distrust and conflict between them would have been more believable in another context.

I guess they just wanted another Dany sex scene.

Contrast.

King of the north was getting more emasculated every episode. Had he agreed to be the Mr. Dany, his balls would’ve been kept in her dragon skinned Louis Vuitton.

Dany was pissed they killed her best hand maiden. She had the tightest folds in all of Westeros.

Anyone knows what happened to the witchmasters? Remember the last time we saw one was when Selmy arrived with that girl that tried to poison Dany. Did they simply drop the storyline?

Dany was pissed they killed her best hand maiden. She had the tightest folds in all of Westeros.

And could braid hair like nobodies business. You see how fucking mangled Dany’s hair looked when Tyrion went to her at the start of the episode? And her makeup looked awful too.

Agreed. I think people are blinded by nerd rage and little details. I think in retrospect, the quality of the whole of GoT is going to far outshine the little faults. Every single episode this season has been superbly done and I feel like they link together to form a whole that is more than the sum of its parts.

Nerd rage.. I like that.

<{jackyeah}>

Reddit free I see.
Good for u.
Hints like these are essentially spoilers. Best if people didn't post stuff like this, it just ruins it for everyone else that don't want to read the leaks.

I want to be disappointed when I'm watching it, not before!

No one should end up on the Iron Throne.

It should go back to being the Seven Kingdoms once again. Which really is what should have happened when House Targaryen originally fell. I could never understand why Tywin wouldn't have wanted to be King like his ancestors. Robert didn't really care. He would have accepted remaining leader of the Storm Lands and Ned could have gone and buried his head in the snow.

Tywin told Cersei their silver mines had run dry. So the Lannisters needed more territory or they'd go bankrupt.

I'm not sure we are watching different shows. Its just you don't want to accept that the signs were there that Dany was going to unleash on everyone. We've had the foreshadowing of her father the Mad King from the beginning. We've also seen that if anyone even questions her she gets a murderous look on her face. Then you have the video I posted where they actually show you what Dany is going to do in Season 2 of the series. Dany is great, as long as everyone does as she says. The moment anyone doesn't do as she says she begins thinking of how to kill them. These things were brought up by @Gutter Chris as well. in the bolded below.

Shes been showing a streak of being entitled and willing to murder in cold blood. Shes also been shown to be kind and caring

Shes a well written character and the struggle to become who she was supposed to be and overcome her familys madness has hung over here for years. ....and its like you missed half of it.

Go back and watch the show and look for signs of trouble and see if you see any now that you know where it will end

Off the top of my head theres the crucifixion

the insistence the jon do as she demands or shell let him and his people die

threatening to kill everyone if they dont give her what she wants outside quarth

The burning of the tarlys

the burning of the masters under mereen

She has indeed shown signs of cruelty and liking to burn people alive
and her struggle with it became worse when she hit westeros. Much like frodo struggled with his ring the closer he got to his quest . Dany has always sat between rage fueled entitled bitch and good hearted queen

She's also threatened to come back and burn cities to the ground. Volantis, King's Landing and Mereen, IIRC. She's at least threatened that 3 times.

That isn't the issue. The execution is what sucks.
The execution was fine, you guys just have boners for her and ignored the sociopathic shit she’s been doing since season 2

Are Cersei and Jaime really dead? Like that?

All the prophecies in the book are clearly nonsense or GRRM was trolling them big time when he told them how these characters end.

The prophecy in the book and show are slightly different. The show prophecy came true.

The execution was fine, you guys just have boners for her and ignored the sociopathic shit she’s been doing since season 2

Like freeing the slaves and stopping the Dothraki from raping? How about saving Westeros from the white walkers?

Like freeing the slaves and stopping the Dothraki from raping?
Yeah they were so civilized as they rode through the streets of kings landing helping slaughter a million people. And those were the dothraki that bent the knee to her; she burned the others alive.

Freeing slaves doesn’t mean you can’t be a tyrant. It’s her way or the highway. How many people has she murdered? Hundreds of thousands?

To be fair, you've been saying this for ages and most, including me, ridiculed or ignored it.

Like freeing the slaves and stopping the Dothraki from raping? How about saving Westeros from the white walkers?

Rumour has it, some still are

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back