• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game of Thrones S08E05 Discussion Thread: CleganeBowl or we Riot (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Vote for Next Week's Thread Title

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dany on Qarth:

"when my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who have wronged me! We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground! "

But yeah, it was out of character and too sudden.

<puh-lease75>

Yeah they were so civilized as they rode through the streets of kings landing helping slaughter a million people. And those were the dothraki that bent the knee to her; she burned the others alive.

Freeing slaves doesn’t mean you can’t be a tyrant. It’s her way or the highway. How many people has she murdered? Hundreds of thousands?

Dany's character has always been hard to root for. She was arrogant, and like you said - her way or the high way.

I don't think many expected her to burn King's Landing to the ground though. Fight Jon Snow for the throne? Yes - burn an entire city to ashes for no readily apparent reason? No.

I hope Arya or Brianne get to kill her next episode (keeping with the girl power theme)

PS: Given that she has had three grown dragons for a while now, she should have just stormed her enemies from the get go. Why bother plotting and strategizing when one dragon can lay waste to several armies.

This episode sucked, Dany's heel turn was so stupid and seemed to be more because she had a bad week then anything else. Confirmed my long standing suspicion that One Piece > Game of Thrones

Yeah they were so civilized as they rode through the streets of kings landing helping slaughter a million people. And those were the dothraki that bent the knee to her; she burned the others alive.

Freeing slaves doesn’t mean you can’t be a tyrant. It’s her way or the highway. How many people has she murdered? Hundreds of thousands?

She wasn't a sociopath prior to episode 5. That is what people are complaining about. It is a character reversal of someone who a few episodes ago had spent 7 seasons trying to protect the helpless and innocent.

6LrON1p.jpg

PS: Given that she has had three grown dragons for a while now, she should have just stormed her enemies from the get go. Why bother plotting and strategizing when one dragon can lay waste to several armies.

She was listening to her hand that was more interested in Cersei escaping to live a new life with Jammie and her counselor who pretty much was organizing a not so secret a coup d'etat against her and then helped the king of the north sacrificin half her army only for Sansa to say she did nothing.

Olenna was right and all those people would be alive.

Maybe that's part of why she went mad and finally did it? She could have done this with her allies and 3 dragons from the start of season 7. The Queen of thorns told her to forget about listening to Tyrion and trying to have "peace" because that's not what let her father reign for so long or what brought her family power. Then telling her to be a dragon.

Instead, she listened to Tyrion (and Jon) and lost her allies and 2 of her dragons. She's been sitting in the dark, mourning for weeks and maybe finally thought "fuck it, I'm doing it my way, the Targaryen way". Tyrion's peaceful way hasn't helped her at all. Add to that, the fact that Jon's has the backing of the people and people want him on the throne, she chose to reign through fear instead.

This was her chance to completely eliminate her enemy and leave no doubts. That's what she did.

She was listening to her hand that was more interested in Cersei escaping to live a new life with Jammie and her counselor who pretty much was organizing a not so secret a coup d'etat against her and then helped the king of the north sacrificin half her army only for Sansa to say she did nothing.

Olenna was right and all those people would be alive.

SNAP!

Hitler: Invades Poland
Sherdoggers in the 1930’s: ughk fucking D&D this is so unlike his character progression

Think about it for a second. How hard must it be to move that ballista and aim. It’s huge. And that dragon is a hundred feet in the air moving a hundred miles an hour. It’s retarded to think it would work.

Bronn single handely worked one of those things , reloaded like 3 times and hit the dragon once in the middle of a Dothraki raid with probably no or very few experience working one.

Its not our fault when the producers show one thing one episode and then the next the contrary for the plot to work.

Scorpions can be handled by one guy and snipe a Dragon from the sea one day, 100s of those handled by trained archers are useless the next.

Dany on Qarth:

"when my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who have wronged me! We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground! "

But yeah, it was out of character and too sudden.

<puh-lease75>

Hangry is real

I hope so. I'm just wondering how he's going to deal with a dragon...

Seems like Arya is the best chance to assassinate that bitch.

Arya already took down the Night King, Jon should get the dragon lady. Jon killing Dany could also be seen as fulfilling the Azor Ahai/Prince That Was Promised prophecy, sacrificing the one he loves for the greater good.

Dany did some hardcore shit in the past but I thought the scene a few eps back where she had to tell Sam she nuked his father and brother for not bending the knee showed that she sort of recognized that shit has consequences and she felt bad about it and that might influence her decisions later.

Insert, “Dany sort of forgot how bad she felt for murdering Sam’s family.”

Some bigger things happened along the way...

She lost a dragon, her best friend in Missendei and oldest companion Jorah.

Her own advisors began plotting against her.

She found out the people of Westeros have no love for her, especially after they defeated the NK and the Starks got all the glory.

She found out her entire life's cause is a fraud because Jon is the real true born heir and now word is spreading.

Arya already took down the Night King, Jon should get the dragon lady. Jon killing Dany could also be seen as fulfilling the Azor Ahai/Prince That Was Promised prophecy, sacrificing the one he loves for the greater good.
LeBronn with the game-winning buzzerbeater imo
“Im just a kid from Gin Alley! I aint supposed to be here man”

Last edited:
How strong them dragon skulls? Could Cersei have climbed in one them shits and survived?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back