From jobbers in Romanian Superkombat to UFC contenders (curious cases of Rozenstruik and Oezdemir)

In mma since you can mix all your tools together to fight, a fighter can show his true iq and talent, in one dimentional sports like kickboxing and boxing etc... you just have to train since you're a baby and you're good boxer dont even have brains by the time they're pro yet they still fonction on muscle memory its enough for simple sports, mma can make a seemingly average fighter shine to his true potential, just watch gsp for example.
Boxing and Kickboxing are not simple. They are deeper in their respective arts compared to what you see from their arts within MMA. Quality vs Quanitity. Granted, the level in MMA has improved a lot over the years.

Boxing and Kickboxing are not simple. They are deeper in their respective arts compared to what you see from their arts within MMA. Quality vs Quanitity. Granted, the level in MMA has improved a lot over the years.
Nope just your imagination, mma is true fighting the combinations are endless what you see as "deep" is basically 1/100 the of the complexity in mma, its like comparing checkers to chess.

Adegbuyi at that time had only had 1 year in kickboxing, was at the start of his career. Rozenstruik had a lot of more experience since he was fighting at that time Duut, Wilnis or Welboren.

It was the puncher"s chance, Rozenstruik was still slow as a turtle. He went after to lose 4 out of 5 fights in Superkombat, being released. Only won a majority over Falin, who is a lot worse than the other Russian-German aka Toktasynov.

Adegbuyi won the rematch by outboxing him. Adegbuyi also lost his first fight against Zhuravlev by KO, then demolished him.

Basically in kickboxing Rozenstruik has 0 important wins. Adegbuyi and Abena were at their beginning, only a draw against a 23-24 year old Wilnis is value. Fought Glunder, Pique or George in their late years, not in prime anymore..

I think that Kickboxer going to MMA and with not much MMA training and finding success is something that MMA fans down want to admit because they've seen to much of the very first MMA both where the wrestler always beat the striker .
Many striker are beginning to move to MMA and are doing OK some of them aren't even in there prime are even interested in MMA at all .
Many MMA fans won't accept that there's a possibility where a striker who isn't at his best can come to the UFC and KO a top 10 ranked MMA fighter it is an ego thing with MMA fans .
That's why they simply disrespect striker all the time .

Romanian striker doing well in MMA should be a surprise , the only one surprise are people who never watch Kickboxing or MT .
Dejdamrong and Ramba Somdej where WAYYY past their prime in MT years and yet they managed to be credible and dangerous MMA champion with limited training in MMA .

Adegbuyi at that time had only had 1 year in kickboxing, was at the start of his career. Rozenstruik had a lot of more experience since he was fighting at that time Duut, Wilnis or Welboren.

It was the puncher"s chance, Rozenstruik was still slow as a turtle. He went after to lose 4 out of 5 fights in Superkombat, being released. Only won a majority over Falin, who is a lot worse than the other Russian-German aka Toktasynov.

Adegbuyi won the rematch by outboxing him. Adegbuyi also lost his first fight against Zhuravlev by KO, then demolished him.

Basically in kickboxing Rozenstruik has 0 important wins. Adegbuyi and Abena were at their beginning, only a draw against a 23-24 year old Wilnis is value. Fought Glunder, Pique or George in their late years, not in prime anymore..
It's quite incredible to thing what can happen if we get the top KBer do some MMA training while they are interested in a real MMA career and in their prime ?
Sure some wrestler there and there would probably submit them or keep them on the ground but it wouldn't be surprising if the KBers manage to KO a few ranked guys or even the champ .
Let's say a Tony Ferguson , not hard to imagine even and old Buakaw would be killing him on the feet in below 1 minute .
and yet Tony is top 3 best at lightweight .

Well, there is a difference between kickboxing (striking) and MMA to the ground. But today the UFC is poorer and poorer. Khabib has no opponents, Velasquez and the Brazilians are not in prime anymore or retired (yes), and Rousey was beaten by KO also by a kickboxer.

I think if you didn"t do MMA since the beginning, it"s hard to make the transition. On the other hand Schilt was known for a fantastic jab, and consistent striking, but on the ground was no good. Schilt was winning by KO after a lot of punching. Plus he had some incredible high kicks. Overall in UFC except of Overeem, didn"t go the best K-1 strikers. I mean Ghita, Hari, Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi, Zimmerman, Londt, etc. And Alistair only 1 good year had in K-1, when he was juicing as fuck.

Well, there is a difference between kickboxing (striking) and MMA to the ground. But today the UFC is poorer and poorer. Khabib has no opponents, Velasquez and the Brazilians are not in prime anymore or retired (yes), and Rousey was beaten by KO also by a kickboxer.

I think if you didn"t do MMA since the beginning, it"s hard to make the transition.
Well above welterweight I think many KBers would own the UFC division if there's many of them coming over .
How many people in the UFC at 85 KG can beat Alex Perreria ? I see him putting many ranked guy to the ICU .
When I see MMA fighter following from a weak low kick from another MMA fighter it make me wonder what if that low kick came from a top tier Kbers ?

Now imagine Adegbuyi was previously called "The Hammer", or Zimmerman was vicious as fuck, Londt with a fantastic KO rate (Mr Pain), but they are all 2nd tier after Ghita, Hari and Ben Saddik who look to hit the strongest. They are very powerful. And the power of Le Banner is overrated, Thom Harinck said Raul Catinas hits harder than Le Banner. And from what I know Catinas doesn"t even hold the power of a 2nd tier HW. Well, if it connects maybe yet. Tyson"s power was also overrated, it was seen against Buster Douglas.

If you are 180 cm, you can"t be as powerful as 200 cm. It"s obvious, everybody in the gyms knows that.

Now imagine Adegbuyi was previously called "The Hammer", or Zimmerman was vicious as fuck, Londt with a fantastic KO rate (Mr Pain), but they are all 2nd tier after Ghita, Hari and Ben Saddik who look to hit the strongest. They are very powerful. And the power of Le Banner is overrated, Thom Harinck said Raul Catinas hits harder than Le Banner. And from what I know Catinas doesn"t even hold the power of a 2nd tier HW. Well, if it connects maybe yet. Tyson"s power was also overrated, it was seen against Buster Douglas.

If you are 180 cm, you can"t be as powerful as 200 cm. It"s obvious, everybody in the gyms knows that.
Tyson pure power was primarily from the early round and his speed/bio mechanic .
Tyson was so scared of old man George Foreman that it was shocking .

A Badr Hari in MMA with kick/stomp to downed opponent would of been catastrophic .
He would of killed 2-3 guys and then forced to stop .
Also Badr was pretty crazy in a dangerous way , he probably would enjoy inflicting so much pain with his striking on his adversary .
He probably would be even more famous .

Nope just your imagination, mma is true fighting the combinations are endless what you see as "deep" is basically 1/100 the of the complexity in mma, its like comparing checkers to chess.
You're entitled to your misinformed wrong opinion.

Come and find me when the calf kick starts to dominate Kickboxing because people can't check kicks.

Let's say a Tony Ferguson , not hard to imagine even and old Buakaw would be killing him on the feet in below 1 minute .
and yet Tony is top 3 best at lightweight .
Pretty hard to imagine actually as Tony is a very fast starter and Buakaw is a very slow starter. Remember the Andre Dida fight? Had that been MMA Buakaw would have been killed.

These are different sports, both are difficult, both are real and both take skill it's just a different application.

A Badr Hari in MMA with kick/stomp to downed opponent would of been catastrophic .
He would of killed 2-3 guys and then forced to stop .
Also Badr was pretty crazy in a dangerous way , he probably would enjoy inflicting so much pain with his striking on his adversary .
He probably would be even more famous .
Badr Hari fought MMA. Had one fight and was choked out in 22 seconds by Edmunds Kirsis. Who is Edmunds Kirsis you ask? No clue...

Pretty hard to imagine actually, as Tony is a very fast starter and Buakaw is a very slow starter. Remember the Andre Dida fight? Had that been MMA Buakaw would have been killed.

These are different sports, both are difficult, both are real and both take skill it's just a different application.
Fast starter in what ? Tony wouldn't pressure Buakaw , he can't .
Only way is if he use the takedown treads all over the place .
I mean Tony get dropped by everyone , Buakaw would one shot him .
Slow starter or not Buakaw will quickly see how Tony is simply 7 level below him in stand up .

Dida and Tony are two different fighter make no sense to compare them .
The Dida fight was in KB we don't know how it will happen in MMA , also giving Buakaw extended clinch and elbow he would of fought differently .
Dida fight was a curious and unique case wouldn't be surprised if Buakaw didn't cared much ( looked like he was very child in the first round and then got clipped ) and got punished for it .
I mean no one saw that coming even the best K-1 fighter they all thought Buakaw would win with ease .

Badr Hari fought MMA. Had one fight and was choked out in 22 seconds by Edmunds Kirsis. Who is Edmunds Kirsis you ask? No clue...
Yes but it's not like Hari was very into MMA .
Looked Dejamrong he took MMA seriously trained hard and went on to become champion .
If Hari decided to fully commit himself to MMA with a team and coach nothing point to him not doing well .

Yes but it's not like Hari was very into MMA .
Looked Dejamrong he took MMA seriously trained hard and went on to become champion .
If Hari decided to fully commit himself to MMA with a team and coach nothing point to him not doing well .
Badr Hari can't even fully commit himself to Kickboxing. You are living in fantasy land.

No need to read any further. You are delusional.
You are serious , what thing are you gonna say ? Max Holloway is gonna pressure Yodwicha ?
Tony striking is bum level , a c level Thai literally have better pure striking than Tony .
The guy has so many weakness in stand up .
How is he gonna do when Buakaw grab his upper body and knee him at will ?
Buakaw would make Tony his girlfriend in the clinch .

Some Sherdogger wrote this on another thread, I'm glad I saved it:

Stop being silly. In MMA, there is no eye gouging, soccer kicks and knees to a grounded opponent, strikes to the back of the head, strikes to the spine, small joint manipulation, strikes to the genitals and etc.

So, if boxing isn't fighting, then neither is MMA. You can win a MMA "fight" because "you walked forward" or pinned your opponent against the cage. LOL

Back