From jobbers in Romanian Superkombat to UFC contenders (curious cases of Rozenstruik and Oezdemir)

Roz and Volkan will never touch UFC gold. The fact that Volkan was #1 contender and Roz is fighting for #1 contender has more to do with the horrible state of the LHW and HW divisions than it does with their skill as MMA fighters.

SuperKombat's Rozenstruik got destroyed in seconds lastnight. Unbelievable.

He's just fucking with broadcast since he's always trying to claim anyone who ever even visited a Superkombat event is their fighter and thus making Romania relevant, somehow.

He's just fucking with broadcast since he's always trying to claim anyone who ever even visited a Superkombat event is their fighter and thus making Romania relevant, somehow.
Rozenstruik had 6 fights in Superkombat.

SuperKombat's Rozenstruik got destroyed in seconds lastnight. Unbelievable.

He was a jobber in Superkombat (2-4, being released) not all about this was this thread? Slow as fuck, he only had the knockout power on very unexperienced fighters such as young Adegbuyi and young Abena.

I must confess Rozenstruik was still developing better than Oezdemir probably. I can give him some credits, but I totally saw this coming. Even more in the case of Volkan.

Looks like I was right about everything.

PS. Plus you forget he KOed Overeem.

Not really "unbelievable", was it? That was the most likely outcome.

I was right about everything here in this thread and at UFC topics. The UFC is a disaster, especially the heavyweight division and some other divisions. Rozenstruik KOed Overeem.

Daniel Ghiță would wipe the floor with Miocic in 20 seconds. Even prime Errol Zimmerman, a 2nd-tier in kickboxing, would have done that do him. Adesanya was a solid kickboxer, even though Alex Pereira also mopped the floor with him, in UFC he is a star.

Last edited:
Says everything about the state of Dana White Promotion when kickboxers at 30 years old are becoming challengers like Rozenstruik and Oezdemir, and Adesanya even becomes a champion and star. WITH 0 MMA PREPARATIONS.

Adesanya learned real MMA when he moved to United States in 2017. To understand how poor is the UFC. Adesanya and Rozenstruik only had striking, knew nothing about ground fight. In 2-3 years they were cleaning both divisions in America. :))

UFC is laughable.

Struve gaining notoriety in the Netherlands like he was somebody or close to Rico Verhoeven for example.

Struve KOed Miocic :)) But gets beaten by poor Arlovski. Then Rozenstruik KOes poor old shit Arlovski in round 1.

Struve getting KOed by VOLKOV, Volkov losses to fucking Tony Johnson in Bellator. Johnson in Superkombat was a punching bag for some dozens of seconds until gave up...

To understand where we stand, no wonder a 50-year old Mark Hunt fights for the interim HW title in UFC.

THERE IS 0 CONSISTENCY IN UFC IN ANY DIVISION. WHY? BECAUSE THEY ARE FAKE PRODUCTS. Even Anderson Silva and Ronda Rousey were fake products, but heavily promoted, and protected.

PS. Plus you forget he KOed Overeem.
No he didnt. Did you even watch the fight? He dropped Overeem in the final 5 seconds, Overeem jumped back up instantly with a fucked up lip. Had the ref allowed the final 3 seconds to run out Overeem would have won that decision easily.

You tried to present some angle that the UFC sucked because Rozenstruik was a top fighter there, while being average in SuperKombat, thus propping up SuperKombat. Fact is he's average in the UFC too, and the reality is HW in MMA is every bit as shallow as Kickboxing.

THERE IS 0 CONSISTENCY IN UFC IN ANY DIVISION. WHY? BECAUSE THEY ARE FAKE PRODUCTS.
And HW Kickboxing is different how exactly?

Well, we do have a good streak going with your King Rico Verhoven. I'll give you that, but outside of Rico the division is a disaster.

No he didnt. Did you even watch the fight? He dropped Overeem in the final 5 seconds, Overeem jumped back up instantly with a fucked up lip. Had the ref allowed the final 3 seconds to run out Overeem would have won that decision easily.

So now you see when something is wrong. Do you agree Ghita at Saki was injured by illegal sweep wrongly counted by Ubeda?

You tried to present some angle that the UFC sucked because Rozenstruik was a top fighter there, while being average in SuperKombat, thus propping up SuperKombat.

Right, but in Superkombat he was below average, not average, even mediocre since he was released. He has 0 great win all of his Kickboxing career. 2 wins over Adegbuyi in his 1st year of kickboxing not just of pro-kickboxing (Adegbuyi won the rematch), and Abena at his start also. He only owns the puncher"s chance, pretty slow. Also has draw against a very young Jahfarr Wilnis. He went winning after Superkombat, because he entered regional promotions.

Now I don"t want to talk badly about him, but this is the truth. We are here to talk about competitors also. But in Superkombat he only won by accident and puncher"s chance, and a majority decision over Falin. At that time even Vladimir Tok(tasynov) was crap, he developed a little bit later into a decent fighter (not solid). But Falin had a very mediocre career. And I know the Polish coach of the Germans, and also the Surinamese coach of Jairzinho.

And HW Kickboxing is different how exactly?

Well, we do have a good streak going with your King Rico Verhoven. I'll give you that, but outside of Rico the division is a disaster.
Fact is he's average in the UFC too, and the reality is HW in MMA is every bit as shallow as Kickboxing.

HOW? Verhoeven, Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi and Hari are world class competitors, not semi-bums like Junior dos Santos and Overeem. What"s wrong with you? Do we compare JDS and Overeem even with Kryklia? Or with Adegbuyi and Hari? Adegbuyi is still hungry to demolish bums like JDS and Overeem. None is really old in kickboxing"s rankings. Cormier is ok, but Ngannou is just a weightlifter. And Volkov lost to bloody Tony Johnson (was beaten by a D Polish in Superkombat by KO), 11th is a no name Bulgarian. Lol, and Oleinik is now in MMA. Hilarous stuff.

WTF, man? Moroșanu has been never top 10, but somewere in top 20. Wilnis is out of top 10. Andrei Stoica now fighting as a HW, he will probably enter top 10 if manages not to lose by KO against Kryklia. Demolished Anderson Silva. I would even place my money on Cozmâncă beating JDS and Overeem on striking. Sometimes fights as a HW now, and he is not really at the level of Stoica. In fact, even Brestovac some years ago was really a solid fighter, when he was active. KOed Wilnis. So the state of the MMA is just bad. And the HW in kickboxing is not even in the worst last 2 division. IN FACT, the lightweights are poorer now, be careful (!). Samedov is still fighting, Londt is 10th in kickboxing. LONDT TAKES THE SCALP OF ROZENSTRUIK! There was huge difference between them, you cannot even imagine. An overweight and less active Londt almost KOed Badr Hari. Londt didn"t provide in Glory, because they didn"t keep him active and at K-1 he may have sold the final. But he used to be a beast. Trained well at the level of world class. OHHHH, I forgot about Raul Cătinaș, he is also back! Cătinaș with MMA gloves would murder somebody, ask Gustafsson.

If you find me a Final 8 in UFC/MMA, I give up on this forum! Besides an overrated Miocic and a Cormier who is not really a HW, there is no one. Cormier wouldn"t enter in the group Verhoeven, Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi, Hari and even Kryklia. There are 5 kickboxers for a Final 8, also Londt and Wilnis can be well trained, and of course Cătinaș (because I would place my money on Cătinaș against both Moroșanu and Cozmâncă). And why not Samedov... We can still make a Tokyo final! Don"t forget Ghiță is still also active, and trained well would probably demolish current Overeem even without years of activity. JDS and Alistair are trash right now, must retire, but are there for milking money.

And furthermore, in kickboxing there is room for other names to grow up or to move from the LHW to the HW. I personally think Murat Aygun is not attractive at all and still quite slow, but I am waiting for some improvement.
Cozmâncă is one of them. Fabio Kwasi why not, certainly Ibrahim El Bouni.

PS. I forgot about Khbabez, Khbabez is right after Verhoeven, Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi, Hari and Kryklia right now. Not really a classic HW though but taller than Cormier I think. Khbabez is an unbelievable talent, if Cătinaș hits hard, Khbabez is a fast light-heavyweight.

So just because you don"t know exactly all the kickboxers, it"s not my fault. I also don"t even know all of them now, because without It"s Showtime/SK in Europe, they fight regionally. Khbabez is not top 10 now anymore, but would kill Mannart, Innocente, maybe even Marshall who kind of improved but wasn"t big in Superkombat. AT LHW, Khbabez is top 3-4 (real top 3 is Vakhitov, Zhuravlev and Abena). Only Vakhitov and Zhuravlev are competitive for him. And Stoica of course, who also doesn"t rank. Stoica demolished Hameur Lain, his brother also, Hameur Lain is there. LHW rankings are crap. El Bouni and Kwasi are also better. Khbabez, Stoica, Kwasi, El Bouni and Cozmanca migrated between 2 divisions though. You talk HW is crap, but LHW"s top 10 on Combat Press is much poorer. But in fact the LHW is a great division, just that many are outside Combat Press" top 10. These Americans know nothing, only taking the names from Glory. And Glory does not afford to reunite all. Stoica left Superkombat because he wanted more than 30k, he was fighting for 30-50k. In Glory, there are a few with better purses and many champions not. In ONE Kryklia and Stoica probably receive better.

Top 8 Heavyweight Kickboxers:

1. Rico Verhoeven (controversial wins over Ghiță, should have been KOed by an untrustable Hari, was a bit embarrassed by Ben Saddik but recovered)
2. Jamal Ben Saddik
3. Benjamin Adegbuyi
4. Badr Hari
5. Roman Kryklia
6. Ismael Londt (as an active one)
7. Jahfarr Wilnis (as a trained one)
8. Raul Cătinaș (just 30 years old, trains with Polanen now under new sponsor, next year he is in Glory)

HOW IS NOT MY TOP 8 OVER THIS? https://www.ufc.com/rankings (JDS and Overeem are old farts, Volkov and Rozenstruik unproven - one embarrassed by Tony Johnson and Jairzinho a former mediocre kickboxer; Ngannou and fatty LHW Cormier actually would be good in the HW division to make the boots of a not so active Badr Hari, a Badr Hari who wasn"t top 3/top 5 FOR YEARS)

This is the real top 8. Brestovac would not be top 8, and Samedov I don"t know if he is in prime anymore.

FINAL 8 IN A SLAM would really look like a K-1 final!

I am not even talking about Samedov, Brestovac, Marshall and Moroșanu who are not so active anymore. Or about Ghiță. And Khbabez and Stoica who have had lately great developments, are not even real HWs for me (same as Kwasi surely, maybe even El Bouni who could be at Final 16; 16, not 8; Final 8 is that one from top). About Cozmâncă, he is yet unproven. And Mannart and Innocente for me are not interesting at all. There is also Plazibat maybe in discussion, but used to be more a LHW (I am looking forward to see more from him, won well against Wilnis but is still very unidimensional and Jahfarr has 2 faces).

PS. I used to be a JDS fan, I considered him one of the best contenders at Velasquez who was my number 1 favorite! Only 36 years old but is not so good anymore since years. I think in 2012 he was still ok. Since 2013 he has only decreased. And Overeem is not even 40% now of the fighter he was in K-1. Probably like 30% after Rozenstruik loss.

BJ Penn a fighter than I never enjoyed, not in prime anymore at around 2009-2010, was better than these 2 bums today.

Last edited:
JDS and Alistair are so bad, that they only fight between "Old Boys" League of UFC. Imagine they are both top 6 Heavyweights or so in UFC. :)) I swear to God, Ghiță after years of inactivity and with belly, looked better than them.

For me it"s like watching a league of "old boys". JDS and Overeem can only beat that bum Arlovski, some "Struve", that Oleynik who has no business on MMA rules and a 50-year old Mark Hunt. Do you know who are missing? Mighty Mo and Alexandru Lungu. The cemetery of elephants they say on soccer.

I am 100% sure Ghiță, Hari, Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi, Londt and Cătinaș hit harder ALL than any UFC HW. And I am talking speedy power! Not just power, when you barely move like a 50 year old Tyson..

Between Ghiță, Hari and Ben Saddik, I have no idea who hits harder! Imagine Cătinaș was hitting harder than Le Banner according to Harinck, but even Adegbuyi who is vicious and Cătinaș hit less harder than Ghiță. Ghiță is he catches an underweight Badr Hari with the left hook, guess who is going down... Badr Hari must be 120 kilograms for power! And Ben Saddik could even hit harder than all! You never know, he has insane power.

JDS and Overeem are simply far from their prime. Not the same speed, not even the same power.

People think I am pro-kickboxing, but honestly in the past when I saw great MMA artists.. I admitted it! You can"t deny prime Cain Velasquez, heavyweight Brazilians or Khbabib. I only deny bums still presented as top fighters (or just bums) and semi-fake products such as Rousey and even Anderson Silva (add them to a doped Jon Jones, the shame of UFC). Imagine if Conor would have beaten Diaz, another semi-fake product would have beem launched by Dana.

In kickboxing there has been always different. They can fight eachother even 7-8 times like Aerts and Hoost. They met in the past in 8-man tournament (finals) and you couldn"t have avoided ALL. In boxing, my sport, if they lose 1 time they are almost "DEAD" as career. In kickboxing they don"t care about the record so much, plus there are only 3-5 rounds with heavy beating (still less violent than in MMA). Dana acts like he"s a boxing promoter/manager. Dana and Hearn are promoters/managers/agents, not organizers.

Last edited:
I am 100% sure Ghiță, Hari, Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi, Londt and Cătinaș hit harder ALL than any UFC HW. And I am talking speedy power! Not just power, when you barely move like a 50 year old Tyson..

Between Ghiță, Hari and Ben Saddik, I have no idea who hits harder! Imagine Cătinaș was hitting harder than Le Banner according to Harinck, but even Adegbuyi who is vicious and Cătinaș hit less harder than Ghiță. Ghiță is he catches an underweight Badr Hari with the left hook, guess who is going down... Badr Hari must be 120 kilograms for power! And Ben Saddik could even hit harder than all! You never know, he has insane power.

JDS and Overeem are simply far from their prime. Not the same speed, not even the same power.

People think I am pro-kickboxing, but honestly in the past when I saw great MMA artists.. I admitted it! You can"t deny prime Cain Velasquez, heavyweight Brazilians or Khbabib. I only deny bums still presented as top fighters (or just bums) and semi-fake products such as Rousey and even Anderson Silva (add them to a doped Jon Jones, the shame of UFC). Imagine if Conor would have beaten Diaz, another semi-fake product would have beem launched by Dana.

In kickboxing there has been always different. They can fight eachother even 7-8 times like Aerts and Hoost. They met in the past in 8-man tournament (finals) and you couldn"t have avoided ALL. In boxing, my sport, if they lose 1 time they are almost "DEAD" as career. In kickboxing they don"t care about the record so much, plus there are only 3-5 rounds with heavy beating (still less violent than in MMA). Dana acts like he"s a boxing promoter/manager. Dana and Hearn are promoters/managers/agents, not organizers.

I read a bit of your text.
You seem passionate, ok its good, but most of the time, you just state something and it seems that we are forced to believe it.
"Him is good, him is better, this one is a bum, this other one was good but now its over".
You thought JDS was great ? JDS can t fight going backwards, he has terrible footwork.
Sure its easy to say that now he is losing but thats facts and basic skills that he never had.
How did you not know that at the time, i thought you knew everything?!
Anyway, just wanted to interfere there cause you are quick to call "bums" some guys who deserve respect imo.
And i forgot, nobody gives a flying fuck about ghita, come on, you thought he was AERTS or JLB ?!

@Broadcast

K1 kickboxing is my second favourite sport, behind Thai.

However, the absolute amount of garbage that pours out of your mouth is unreal.

The reality is, that whatever you think of your patriotic Romanian kickboxing organisation... MMA fighters are better than just kickboxers when it comes to pure fighting.

That's it.

Nobody wants to read page after page of your threads.

You come across like Romania kickboxing is the pinnacle of all combat sports.

Well. Nobody believes your bollocks.

In mma since you can mix all your tools together to fight, a fighter can show his true iq and talent, in one dimentional sports like kickboxing and boxing etc... you just have to train since you're a baby and you're good boxer dont even have brains by the time they're pro yet they still fonction on muscle memory its enough for simple sports, mma can make a seemingly average fighter shine to his true potential, just watch gsp for example.

In mma since you can mix all your tools together to fight, a fighter can show his true iq and talent, in one dimentional sports like kickboxing and boxing etc... you just have to train since you're a baby and you're good boxer dont even have brains by the time they're pro yet they still fonction on muscle memory its enough for simple sports, mma can make a seemingly average fighter shine to his true potential, just watch gsp for example.

lmao try harder

Back