• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Francis Ngannou vs. Tyson Fury - Who won?

Who won?

• Total voters
Fury landed nothing of consequence the whole fight outside of an illegal elbow.
Illegal elbow that he didn't even get a warning for, and also got knocked down again later in the fight which the ref called a slip while he was holding onto Ngannou's legs lmao

WBC for a time was the most legit belt by far. NOwadays they are a complete joke for quite some years now. I rank WBO a lot higher. IBF is best then WBA/WBO WBC is basically a "pay and get what you want" org at this point. There is no rule they arent willing to completely ignore for some cents extra.
I'd honestly put WBA last. Them have two world titles, and thinking a match between Dubois and Trevor Bryan promoted by Don King was fitting as a number one contender match was embarrassing.

Fury won. I watched it carefully. He won based off banking more rounds.

Francis mailed it in round 10. I don't know if he was gassed or what.

Earlier he could have capitalized on the knockdown. Unfortunately Francis went head hunting after it instead of damaging Fury to the body or even to the shoulder and arms ala Canelo.

He whiffed a bunch of huge shots after the knockdown that sapped his gas tank.

Tyson comfortably won off his jab, but Francis looked like a legitimate contender.

Reactions: Po
When i first watched the fight, i thought Ngannou won. After reviewing some more evidence, he definitely won the fight : 2 knockdowns (one wasn't counted) + one blatand elbow from Fury which was ironically his best hit during the whole fight...

Here's the second knockdown that wasn't counted because Fury hid it by grabbing Ngannou to the legs (timestamped) :

Also, i don't buy the fact that Fury would be an easy fight for Usyk (who also had a controversial win in his last fight). Fury is still a skilled boxer and much bigger than Usyk.

Last edited:
When i first watched the fight, i thought Ngannou won. After reviewing some more evidence, he definitely won the fight : 2 knockdowns (one wasn't counted) + one blatand elbow from Fury which was ironically his best hit during the whole fight...

Here's the second knockdown that wasn't counted because Fury hid it by grabbing Ngannou to the legs (timestamped) :

Also, i don't buy the fact that Fury would be an easy fight for Usyk (who also had a controversial win in his last fight). Fury is still a skilled boxer and much bigger than Usyk.

There was nothing controversial about Usyk's last fight. That shot from Dubois was clearly low and the ref immediately called it. Team Dubois did try and appeal it but they got nowhere. If you think that was controversial then so was McGregor vs Mayweather which also contained a low blow that some felt was legal. It wasn't.

There was nothing controversial about Usyk's last fight. That shot from Dubois was clearly low and the ref immediately called it. Team Dubois did try and appeal it but they got nowhere. If you think that was controversial then so was McGregor vs Mayweather which also contained a low blow that some felt was legal. It wasn't.

If you want to stick to the rules, then fine : Usyk's belly button wasn't visible when he took the punch.

Also, if Dubois was the champion fighting in UK and Usyk the contender, we all know what would have happened. So if you prefer, Usyk was lucky because some referees could have taken another decision, especially in the scenario i presented.

Also, whatever you think, Usyk looked bad (and Dubois too for that matter) : when was the last time you see a champion spending so much minutes on the ground in pain ?

Fury won. I watched it carefully. He won based off banking more rounds.

Francis mailed it in round 10. I don't know if he was gassed or what.

Earlier he could have capitalized on the knockdown. Unfortunately Francis went head hunting after it instead of damaging Fury to the body or even to the shoulder and arms ala Canelo.

He whiffed a bunch of huge shots after the knockdown that sapped his gas tank.

Fury won because he has more experience

He was caught off gaurd by Francis and then went into "sweet science" mode

Just dancing around, peppering the jab, staying safe and trying to win a decision

Even then Francis took back some later rounds and STILL made it competitive, not a blow out after the 3rd when he got dropped

So it can be Francis, Draw, or Fury

But it was THAT close which it shouldn't have been

I still think Francis won

If you want to stick to the rules, then fine : Usyk's belly button wasn't visible when he took the punch.

Also, if Dubois was the champion fighting in UK and Usyk the contender, we all know what would have happened. So if you prefer, Usyk was lucky because some referees could have taken another decision, especially in the scenario i presented.

Also, whatever you think, Usyk looked bad (and Dubois too for that matter) : when was the last time you see a champion spending so much minutes on the ground in pain ?
They fought on neutral territory. While the crowd was obviously pro-Usyk neither live in Poland. All of Usyk's most notable wins have come in his opponents' backyards. I think he looked flat but he was probably just rusty since he'd been out of the ring for a while. He only fights once per year. Usyk stopped Dubois faster than Joyce did and he's not a finisher. He got the best result even if his performance wasn't his best. Did you see his fight against Chisora? He looked even worse but then looked much better against AJ in his next outing. There are lots of guys getting hit low in combat sports where they fall to the ground and literally roll around the ring writhing in pain. That's why you're allowed 5 minutes to recover. Did Usyk take the full 5 minutes? No. He didn't need it. So, I'm not sure what your point is here.

This isn’t an mma vs boxing thing, it’s a Francis thing. He’s the only one. He’s just a one in ten million athlete that’s made of steel and has bricks for hands. Fury slept on him and almost paid the price

I had fury winning 95-94 but it was a spectacular debut from the challenger. Punch stats don’t lie

They fought on neutral territory.

Poland is not neutral...it's like saying Belarus would be neutral with a russian fighter...

He only fights once per year. Usyk stopped Dubois faster than Joyce did and he's not a finisher.

Dubois had nothing for Usyk who was superior in about everything. Outside of his controversial body shot, he didn't do anything, it was a real embarrassment + the only HW Usyk finished by KO.

There are lots of guys getting hit low in combat sports where they fall to the ground and literally roll around the ring writhing in pain. That's why you're allowed 5 minutes to recover. Did Usyk take the full 5 minutes? No. He didn't need it. So, I'm not sure what your point is here.

That's the first time i saw such a weird situation... even when Usyk was supossely ready to fight, he didn't really insist when the referee said "take your time", like if Usyk was in fact acting and wasn't actually ready.

I mean, when you see Bowe vs Golota, it's weird.

I had a hard time giving Francis that many rounds outside the knockdown round. He won in making it close like that and doing the most damage.

That’s hard to call a second knock down looks like Furys just going forward protecting any other on coming shots and Ngannou leaning on him where Fury sees he could break up the action he probably didn’t like the initial shot , I wish it was a knockdown but even if it was a referee ain’t gonna see that if you are also pulling down the guy .

I had Francis by 2 rounds, but there were a lot of close rounds so the decision didn't bother me much.

One thing for sure, the only definitive rounds were the 3rd and 8th, and both wen to Francis.

Poland is not neutral...it's like saying Belarus would be neutral with a russian fighter...

Dubois had nothing for Usyk who was superior in about everything. Outside of his controversial body shot, he didn't do anything, it was a real embarrassment + the only HW Usyk finished by KO.

That's the first time i saw such a weird situation... even when Usyk was supossely ready to fight, he didn't really insist when the referee said "take your time", like if Usyk was in fact acting and wasn't actually ready.

I mean, when you see Bowe vs Golota, it's weird.
I said neutral territory. Neither Usyk nor Dubois live there. The same way Canada isn't the US even if they are neighboring countries geographically. You think Usyk was milking it? Maybe. Eddie Hearn seems to think so.

I scored it Tyson, but not by much. Fucking disgrace that it went to decision and was so close.
Tyson may have edged it on points but he lost the 'fight'.
Arguably Ngannou won on points if you score damage above taps.
Tysons face shows a shocked, beaten, humiliated man.

fury also had almost 30 seconds to recover from getting dropped

those robo referees can't deploy soon enough

Fury won.

Watch the fight again Ngannou never took the fight up to Fury was trying to counter the whole fight and did not land alot. Was taking most of the rounds off pacing himself.

Apart from the 3 rd round it was very hard to pick which rounds you would give to Ngannou.

I think because Fury didn’t get the ko a lot of people are forgetting the Last 4 rounds where Ngannou didn’t do much. Looked tired didn’t throw much he showed some effort in the 8 th round. Fury was consistent throughout the whole fight.

Commentators were crap there were rounds where Ngannou landed barely anything and Fury was landing the job and the follow up right and nothing from the commentators.

Safe to say Ngannou power doesn’t translate to Boxing. Apart from the 3 rd round where he caught Tyson behind the ear temple area Ngannou sort of brusked him down.

Ngannou was taking half the rounds off towards the end doing barely anything.

Round 9 and 10 Ngannou barely threw 3 -5 punches.

Commentators were pathetic. Fury had 1 cut on his head from a head but.

Let’s be honest Fury underestimated Ngannou and didn’t really show up but still got the win.

No rematch please.

round 3, 4 and 8 is all I could give Ngannou. If ngannou tried harder he'd have opened himself up to counters.

Francis did exceptionally well, but he wasn’t busy enough; his output was too low for him to win many rounds (although the rounds were very close). I felt that Tyson just nicked most of the rounds, with him losing the third round 10-8 and maybe losing the eighth round as well. But I felt that Fury was busy enough to win most of the other rounds — just not by a lot.

Back