• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Francis Ngannou has made $30 million from two boxing matches. He only made $3.5 million from 14 UFC fights in 7 years!

The question is. Will we see more ufc champion doing the same? Can we see someone like Alex Pereira or Tom Aspinhall doing the same?

Unlikely. Ngannou was in a unique situation and the UFC has since changed their contracts. I would link the article explaining this but it was from Bloody Elbow and has been deleted.

I like the part where you absolute fucking hacks leave out that Ngannou purposefully fought out an old contract instead of signing the $15M worth of contracts the UFC wanted him to, thus why his pay was "low".

And this isn't even getting into the fact that his salary got capped the way it did because he fucked off to France instead of training for Stipe so never made the champion pay built into that contract because he instead got the shit kicked out of him.

But hey, at least he got absolutely fucking embarassed even worse and now we never need to talk about him again. Fuck you guys have been embarassing.

Reactions: JKS
UFC fighters don't get to benefit from Saudi money.

LMAO no. The UFC offered him a one time payment of 8 million to fight Jon Jones. He's made far more in 2 fights than he ever would have in the UFC.

It was something like 8 million and 6 million for other fights no?

Then you add in the losses he made from not renewing the contract.

I reckon it runs close. Even if it's a few million off, the long term effect on his brand from getting made to look like an amateur will likely lose him money post-retirement. (Unless he comes back and beats some Chisora, Parker, Whyte level boxers, which is unlikely tbh as he looked lost in there).

People here must realize that you want to make a lot of money in your career. I mean why fighting for a organization that barely pays you 500 k for defending the hw belt?

Francis made 560 000 USD vs Game!!!! Come on and read between then lines.

He have made over 20 million dollars in two years and 4,5 months! Would ufc ever pay Francis 2 million per fight? Probably not.

I do not care about Francis legacy, he will make way more money then Alex Pereira,Tom Aspinhall and Sean O Malley together.

The intention was not winning a boxing title. The goal was to make money and Francis did a fantastic job. I just hope the dude is smart with money.

UFC money isnt anywhere near big time Canelo, Fury, AJ boxing money but it feels like the money they actually do make is getting downplayed to make things seem more extreme than they actually are. You think O'Malley didnt make seven figures just now? really?
I mean.. maybe.

He turned them down rightfully...

Francis Ngannou: 'UFC Offered me $1.50 per $80 PPV!'

You are legit absolutely fucking brain dead if you believe Francis that despite purses being higher than they've ever been that the UFC offered him less per PPV than they offered Eddie Alvarez over a decade ago. Or Randy 20 years ago.

Like go get your chromosones counted levels of retarded to believe this.

People here must realize that you want to make a lot of money in your career. I mean why fighting for a organization that barely pays you 500 k for defending the hw belt?

Francis made 560 000 USD vs Game!!!! Come on and read between then lines.

He have made over 20 million dollars in two years and 4,5 months! Would ufc ever pay Francis 2 million per fight? Probably not.

I do not care about Francis legacy, he will make way more money then Alex Pereira,Tom Aspinhall and Sean O Malley together.

Tbf to UFC, Frank didn't take the new contract.

I hate Dana, but Francis is a little low IQ. Kamaru etc are set for life just off of their UFC careers, and he'd have made more than them if he played ball.

/Thread, but they love to compare this "career earnings" to once in a lifetime payday earnings, they think Fury must had made 20 million a fight when he was an up and comer
None of these hacks want to discuss that Fury himself said making $600K a fight like Ngannou was making made sense for someone in Francis' position as new to the title scene.

So if anything Fury really said Ngannou was being overpaid to have gotten that for 8 fights despite only being champion for the last fight.

20-30m that Big Francisco got is attainable in UFC, just not in 2 fights

100m Conor got for his match, now that is not happening in the UFC any time soon

The question is. Will we see more ufc champion doing the same? Can we see someone like Alex Pereira or Tom Aspinhall doing the same?

I think we will.

Just look at the champs calling to fight for the title a weight class up just to get the free payday (Topuria calling out Islam, and O'Malley calling out Topuria, etc.)

These guys are all going to get smart, same with their management, and we will def see this from superstars in the future.

You could be Francis, getting starched for $20 million in the second round, or you could be our boy Volkanovski getting starched in the second round for $500K. I know which one I would rather be, but unfortunately there's far too many people who have agendas posting in these threads. Is normal.

Frank was the winner in all of this easily. He would NEVER have ended up with 30 million in the UFC in the rest of his career, and definitely not in two fights. He can go make even more money in the PFL, and he can have another boxing match.

I am surprised at all of the people jacking off over that fight last night, making over the top statements. I didn't realize how angry they were at Frank tooling Dana.
UFC is a private company, they operate within a capitalist system and their profit comes from consumers who buy their product.

Ngannou was paid with tax money stolen from Saudi citizens by the Saudi government, which is a dictatorship. and you want to copy this model?

I wonder if Saudi taxpayers are ok with their government giving tax money to foreign athletes instead of building hospitals, schools, etc. for its own people.

Back