Media Rampage made $7 million from PPV when he fought Liddell

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
(Timestamped)

Cliffs:

When Rampage signed with WFA he got a big cut of PPV (only because WFA didn't do PPVs in the first place), so when the UFC bought Rampage's contract they had to honor the cut of PPV promised to him by WFA, which netted him $7 million from the Liddell fight (not including show/win/bonus/sponsor).

The WFA contract is also why Rampage's next fight against Henderson was on Spike TV, because the UFC didn't want to have to give Rampage that kind of cut from PPV revenue.

The average PPV price for UFC back in 2007 was $41, so if the buyrate for the Liddell fight is accurate, that means Rampage was entitled roughly 25% of the PPV revenue against Liddell (which only left 19% for the UFC and Liddell, because the cable company had a 56% cut back then).

Rampage vs. Chuck weigh-in was on ESPNNEWS and that was big time. Rampage vs Henderson is probably THE most underrated UFC title fight ever, outside the first Couture vs. Rizzo, as I never see that fight brought up in great fights. When did Rampage lose that cut?

Last edited:
Ufc and liddell getting the small part of the cake? Doubt it

(Timestamped)

Cliffs:

When Rampage signed with WFA he got a big cut of PPV (only because WFA didn't do PPVs in the first place), so when the UFC bought Rampage's contract they had to honor the cut of PPV promised to him by WFA, which netted him $7 million from the Liddell fight (not including show/win/bonus/sponsor).

The WFA contract is also why Rampage's next fight against Henderson was on Spike TV, because the UFC didn't want to have to give Rampage that kind of cut from PPV revenue.

The average PPV price for UFC back in 2007 was $41, so if the buyrate for the Liddell fight is accurate, that means Rampage was entitled roughly 25% of the PPV revenue against Liddell (which only left 19% for the UFC and Liddell, because the cable company had a 56% cut back then).

I believe it. Getting a customized monster truck with your image plastered on it ain't cheap

502495.jpg

It says he made 450k and back then I'm not sure how they split the PPV buys with the main eventers

Didn't he claim it was 5 million not long ago? He's just adding an extra 2 million to the made up number he pulled out of his ass.

Member when Chael tried to claim he made 9 million vs Anderson and then court documents showed he was paid about 1 million? I member.

I could believe it due to the time period and circumstance: the UFC barely started making money in 2007, the MMA market was still competitive and wasn't monopolized by the UFC yet, and Rampage had beat Liddell badly in Pride so I could see the UFC taking that loss in PPV revenue for the gain they'd get in improved perception among the fans (Pride vs. UFC was a huge topic of discussion in that time period).

The cable provider takes their cut before the UFC or Rampage see a dime.

I believe it. You couldnt make that shit up about LFA. Im sure he probably is inflating the number,but I bet he got a few mil.

Rampage vs. Chuck weigh-in was on ESPNNEWS and that was big time. Rampage vs Henderson is probably THE most underrated UFC title fight ever, outside the first Couture vs. Rizzo, as I never see that fight brought up in great fights. When did Rampage lose that cut?
One of the great fights the doesn't get talked about. Rampage was still in his prime, Hendo still had that chin.

I’m surprised he didn’t dig his heels in and refuse to fight on Spike instead of ppv

Always fun listening to Rampage :D

I like Quinton but he was always bitter about pay. It didn't matter where he went. He was angry about it in Pride, UFC and Bellator.
Sounds to me like he knew who put asses in seats.

Back